Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had 5 P1 tickets was entering credit card details with 7 minutes left and it knocked me off too.

I got back on and got in the bay next to where I was (not optimum, but still pretty happy).

We are in Sydney bay 106-1, row 23.
:applaud:

Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets! Get on there quick so we can have a second show announced

By the way does anyone recomend the TicketFast option. It says you can print your ticket online? Any problems with this?

Nah, TicketFast is pretty good as long as your printer isn't totally outdated shit.

Very frustrating when you click to go to the next page and it just stays on that page for the rest of your allocated time and you lose tickets. Gah!

Thanks. On another note, are you going to let us know when they announce additional dates?

I imagine we'll all probably know about the same time as everybody else!

Actually, today's a really awkward day for sales for me, since I've got a flight later today. Glad I scored my tickets in the presale, and I'm just crossing my fingers that, like last time, the second shows won't go on sale immediately.

I imagine we'll all probably know about the same time as everybody else!

Actually, today's a really awkward day for sales for me, since I've got a flight later today. Glad I scored my tickets in the presale, and I'm just crossing my fingers that, like last time, the second shows won't go on sale immediately.

How long was it last time...like a couple of hours or days?

How long was it last time...like a couple of hours or days?

I believe the extra shows were announced later in the day or the day after sales for the first shows, and they went on sale a week later.

Just checked some articles from the time ... yep, about a week's gap between announcement of second shows and the ticket sales.

This is all I get from Ticketek and i've been trying since 8.50am

ticketek.jpg

Yeah when I turn my monitor off I reckon that image will be burned into it. I've got in a few times but there's a time limit and the pages are really really slow to load so you end up losing your tickets!

Got a Brisbane GA to go with my Sydney and Melbourne GA's sourced via the pre-sale. Yahoo. Now just waiting for those additional shows to be announced. Excited!

Sydney is selling much slower then Brisbane, but admittedly is at a much larger venue:

SYD
P1 Single seats only
P2 Available
P3 Available
P4 Available
P5 - Arena Standing Limited seats only
Red Zone Alloc. Exhausted
P7 Available
P8 - Alcohol Free Available
P9 - Alcohol Free Available
P10 - Alcohol Free Available

BRIS
Pl1 Available
Pl2 Available
Pl3 Single seats only
Pl4 Limited seats only
Pl5 - Arena Standing Limited seats only
Pl6 - Red Zone Alloc. Exhausted
Pl7 Single seats only

Ok, so I've now got GA to all shows. YAY!!!!!! This is so awesome! What a rollercoaster ride this last week or so has been!

Why can't I buy any GA tickets for Sydney if Ticketek is still showing limited seats left?

so got my tickets to PErth in the presale, can't really go to any other shows unless they do melbourne after the 10th of Dec...HA!
I was thinking they might just leave them all at one show perhaps? It seems like they only have one stage...so it might take a lot of time to go between dates? otherwise i have no idea why they swinging around the wrong way!
Either way am happy! U2 on the 18th, Muse on the 19th! :D

GAs flew out the door everywhere. Think Melbourne is nearly sold out.

I was thinking they might just leave them all at one show perhaps? It seems like they only have one stage...so it might take a lot of time to go between dates?

No, they are bringing two. There are four day gaps between most shows (Melbourne/Brisbane the exception), which is not enough to tear down, transport, and set up. One stage is doing Auckland/Brisbane/Perth, the other Melbourne/Sydney.

I couldn't bring up any GAs in Melb just now, but singles in the upper three seated price categories still there. That was ten mins ago though... Kinda surprised that I could still get so many different tickets (if I wanted to).

I wish Ticketmaster had a single page that told you which allocations had been exhausted.

PS: Is it just me, or are Ticketmaster's code-deciphering word scrambles getting more and more bizarre? I swear out of going through ten of them, there were only three real English words in there.

I couldn't bring up any GAs in Melb just now, but singles in the upper three seated price categories still there. That was ten mins ago though... Kinda surprised that I could still get so many different tickets (if I wanted to).

I wish Ticketmaster had a single page that told you which allocations had been exhausted.

For the sake of it I tried to see what seated tickets I could get. I'm still amazed at how good some of them were.

And yes your right...I had one that said 'thrash israel'. Bit mean I think!

I wonder how quickly a show would want to sell out before it justifies a second gig...? Am a little worried for Melbourne, but it's only been 90 minutes I suppose. Did the presales really absorb a lot of the more frantic demand, or is the lack of exposure NLOTH got making an impact?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom