Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr V, did you end up finding a ticket to Bris 1? I find myself with a spare or two (GA)...

(Anyone else looking for Perth 1 GA? I have this stupid habit of buying more tickets than I need and hoping I'll be able to find someone who wants them later. :reject: All face value naturally.)

Did you get your code Mr V???

Really hoping you get to go mate
I did! With any luck I'll have 4xGA tomorrow!

Mr V, did you end up finding a ticket to Bris 1? I find myself with a spare or two (GA)...

(Anyone else looking for Perth 1 GA? I have this stupid habit of buying more tickets than I need and hoping I'll be able to find someone who wants them later. :reject: All face value naturally.)
I'd take you up on that but I have mates who want to come along, so I'll need like 4 at least. But thanks anyway.

I signed up as a member to U2.com and have not received my pre release code. I missed out on the first lot for Auckland. is there anyway I can get the code before they go on sale to the public?:wave:

This is definately a stupid question but...if pre-sale tickets go on sale at 9am, that would mean in Adelaide they will be on sale at 8:30am right? Just wanna make sure so that I don't enter my pre-sale code too early only to find it doesn't work and then I can't use it again later...

I signed up as a member to U2.com and have not received my pre release code. I missed out on the first lot for Auckland. is there anyway I can get the code before they go on sale to the public?:wave:
everybody gets their own individual code so if you haven't received yours yet, you'd have to contact u2.com for that.

This is definately a stupid question but...if pre-sale tickets go on sale at 9am, that would mean in Adelaide they will be on sale at 8:30am right? Just wanna make sure so that I don't enter my pre-sale code too early only to find it doesn't work and then I can't use it again later...
the brisbane and sydney shows do go on sale at 8:30 cst. :)

Now I have to decide whether I spend my week of holiday in Melbourne and see the second show, or whether I'll actually go on my bloody holiday and frolic around on Fraser Island. Damn you U2 for ruining my plans! :angry:

:D

Hey all it's me again with, you guessed it another question :crack:

Well for the Melbourne show, I was wondering what reserved seating area would have the best atmosphere, ie, somewhere where people might even stand :wink:. I guess what I'm saying are there like areas where big fans (ie not casual public) tend to sit or anything? The places closer to the stage are probably more electrifying but I'm just wondering on others opionions.

Sorry yeah I know its probably been asked before, but I have a vertically challenged friend so GA wouldn't be the best for the little guy! :D

Have you checked your profile on u2.com? You should see your code on the right hand side of the Account Info page or on the Tour Presale Page where the link to the ticket purchase page is.

Hey all it's me again with, you guessed it another question :crack:

Well for the Melbourne show, I was wondering what reserved seating area would have the best atmosphere, ie, somewhere where people might even stand :wink:. I guess what I'm saying are there like areas where big fans (ie not casual public) tend to sit or anything? The places closer to the stage are probably more electrifying but I'm just wondering on others opionions.

Sorry yeah I know its probably been asked before, but I have a vertically challenged friend so GA wouldn't be the best for the little guy! :D
your questions might get better answered in the melbourne thread. :) http://www.u2interference.com/forum...3rd-2010-etihad-stadium-melbourne-207388.html

I don't think it is beyond reasonable to think that fan club members (esp. those who have been members for many years) should have the right to participate in all pre sales. Perhaps I am being greedy. Looks like I'll have to battle the ticketek and ticket master web sites on Friday with the masses.

you get one code per year. how would it be fair for some people to get more codes for free while others don't? u2.com have explicitly stated in all e-mails since the 360 tour launched that you get one code, if you want another code you have to renew for another year.

A pre-sale is not some sort of a freeloaders paradise. Nor is it a preferential service. Tickets purchased are for the full price and there is a set allocation of ticket types made available.

It is a chance to reward fan club members with a more convenient & more relaxed ticketing experience than what you get with the public sale.

On that basis, I reckon fan club members should get a pre sale before every public sale.

some band's fan clubs offer access to every pre-sale. others don't. u2's in the second camp. they make it very clear before you hand over your money that you only get access to one presale per year. now they've relaxed it so you can buy your four tickets over as many transactions as you want. so if you buy one ticket, yes you can participate in four presales. if you buy all four tickets in one go, see you next year then.

seeing as u2 is arguably the biggest band in the world it's understandable why they limit how many presales one can participate in per year. it'd be a clusterfuck if it was some huge free-for-all, and it would give scalpers even more of an upper-hand than they already have. and if anyone has actually been a member for years (despite that this process has been in place since u2.com existed, so this would've been an issue for vertigo as well) and is only just now realising there's a limit of the tickets they can purchase...wow. not to mention the codes bought each year apparently carry over. so if someone really does buy memberships each year, then unless they saw them elsewhere for 360 they've got three or four codes sitting around waiting to be used.

Really? So I have 3 ununsed purchases which means tomorrow I can get 1 GA for each of Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane? All on the one pre-sale code!? This is different to before. Geez.... confusing.

Really? So I have 3 ununsed purchases which means tomorrow I can get 1 GA for each of Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane? All on the one pre-sale code!? This is different to before. Geez.... confusing.

I've been wrong before, but thats how I read it on the site this morning. It more or less was saying that you could use any unused tickets at any shows, it didn't specify only ONE show.

But don't take my word for it.

I just read the FAQ again. It is still poorly worded, albeit I agree it is trying to say something different to before. But I can't tell for sure whether it is now a free for all in terms of using a single pre-sale code across different shows.

What are we supposed to do... try it out tomorrow and hope they don't get cancelled?

Has anyone followed the discussion on u2.com? Is there more clarity there?

Ok... dissecting the FAQ... perhaps you are right...

Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy in the NZ/Aus U2360 Tour Presale?
A - If you have not used your code(s) you can purchase up to 4 tickets for any of the 4 NZ/AU dates.

This wasn't there before. It seems a very general instruction. However, it doesn't expicitly state that partly used pre-sale codes from the first pre-sale can carry over into the second pre-sale.

The mod at U2.com has started a new thread, although to be honest, I'm not sure she's seen the change in the FAQ's. I still understand it to be 4 tickets to one show, but what I see as different is that it no longer says those 4 tickets have to be in ONE transaction, like it unclearly seemed to implicate before.

For those that don't have u2.com presale codes, I'd definitely be on the look out for the Live Nation presale. They posted that they're going to post the link and password on their facebook like they did before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom