December 1st and 3rd 2010 - Etihad Stadium - Melbourne

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
:hyper:

Thank You Sydney! Melbourne!

For all existing fanclub members, the the presale begins on Thursday, 26 August at 11am and runs until noon on Monday, 30 August. Yes, that is for all four old subscriber groups: Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots.

For new fanclub members, there will be a separate presale after the presale for existing members. New members will be allocated to a fifth subscriber group, named Cedar. The Cedar presale begins on Monday, 30 August at 1pm and runs until midday on Wednesday, 1 September.

General Public Sale September 3rd 2010 (Like you already didn't know!)

U2 tickets Etihad Stadium Docklands, VIC, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.

Question Re: Lining Up

Hey guys,

Just a question concerning lining up on the day of the concert
Ive got a general admission standing ticket, how early (time) will i have to roll up to the stadium to get into the inner circle?

Thanks so much for your help

For which concert? It depends on the location how many people there'll be.
But since the inner circle holds about 2,000 people, noon is often early enough (sometimes even later). :)

Hey I know theres heaps of threads around about this but i may as well just add to this one for now.:lol:

My question is I'm coming with 3 mates who are not full on fans or anything just coming as a get together bit of fun, so they are of course not willing to be there really early.

I was wondering if we got to the stadium (also etihad) at say 2.00pm would our position be very far off the catwalk because i know we wouldnt get the inner circle etc. What is an average stadium position up for grabs at a time like that?

Thanks!:wave:

I hear you ultraviolet92! I figure being towards the back or on the side with a less dense crowd may be better for my lower attention spanned friends :D, yet being my first u2 show the temptations just going to be there to go as close as i can and I don't know how hard that will be to counter against! :wink:

yes same im 17 and this is my first u2 concert!! i am a massive fan but my friends arent really
there just coming coz it will be mindblowing entertrainment haha

yes same im 17 and this is my first u2 concert!! i am a massive fan but my friends arent really
there just coming coz it will be mindblowing entertrainment haha

Ha all too familiar! I'm 17 as well (Just 18 by the big day :wink:) and all my friends have come from nowhere wanting to go to it now, after laughing at my excitement all year! Funny how they changed after seeing pics of the claw! It will be a great night, I figure if I get my mates there then they'll be sold for life, they don't realise I'm doing them a favour, yet! :lol:

I was wondering if we got to the stadium (also etihad) at say 2.00pm would our position be very far off the catwalk because i know we wouldnt get the inner circle etc. What is an average stadium position up for grabs at a time like that?

Thanks!:wave:

Sure, every show's different, & you never know how a crowd will react, but I think you'd have a pretty good chance of getting into the inner circle with a 2pm arrival time. I've seen shows were arriving after the gates have opened has still been early enough to gain access to the inner circle.

There's lots of GA punters (who haven't checked out info on fan sites) who think the inner circle is only for VIP or RZ. They don't know that they can go through the barriers by the front CLAW legs, down behind RZ, behind the stage, & into the inner circle. Instead they race for the outer circle.

Depends whether you want the energy of the inner circle, or the better view of the outer circle. I think a 2pm arrival time should get you a pretty good position in either. Hard to tell, but maybe 3-5 people off the rail at the centre of the outer circle, 2-3 off the sides. Maybe 10 off the front rail in the inner circle (less on Adam's side), & 2-3 off the back rail.

Obviously it's just a guess. You'll just have to play it by ear, & plan a few options. eg. I prefer outer circle, over back rail of the inner circle, as I'm short, & looking over the catwalk helps with the view. Also, for the sides, back rail of the pit is fine, but a side view for the front of the pit is not (the stage is too high & limits the view of those up close & side on).

Good luck

Yep, the money came through last night or this morning. I can't remember. Tickets are coming registered mail, and aren't posted out till after September 3rd, apparently.

2pm is definitely early enough to arrive and get a good spot. I usually showed up around 1-2pm on the Vertigo Tour and always got into the inner zone. I wasn't going for the rail at some shows (I was trying out all the vantage points), but when I did, even second/third row in front of Edge or Adam was easy.

Unless you MUST have the rail in a certain spot, I reckon it's a waste of time to arrive before midday.

This time around, I'm just going to judge it by the weather on the day ... I'll queue for a good spot if it's cool enough, but if we get stuck with a scorcher, I'll just rock up early evening and hang out by the soundboard. Sound quality's good around there and the overall view of the Claw is excellent.

Good luck picking the weather for Melbourne. It might be snowing during the morning of the gig, and then 36(0) degrees by the time the band come on stage! :wink:

so ur coming to visit us in Aus Cathal?? :wave:

Hello, hello! The hope is there! Still need to get some flights though, but I may be able to change my unused USA flights from June with Virgin Atlantic ... Look forward to a pre-gig coldie :)

Hello, hello! The hope is there! Still need to get some flights though, but I may be able to change my unused USA flights from June with Virgin Atlantic ... Look forward to a pre-gig coldie :)

Sounds great champ! Hopefully it all sorts out nicely. Show u round melbourne town. Loving the pic on u2.com btw! Good work ;)

At Etihad Stadium does anyone know which bay each Aisle assignment is for? For example Aisle 47 is the to the underside of its stairwell location on the seating map or above it? Or in terms of at the stadium, is each aisles bay to the left or right of the actual aisle? Sorry that makes no sense but thanks to anyone who tries to decipher it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom