Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, most likely. any ga ticket i've bought through ticketmaster has had row/seat numbers on it, but i just figured that was an american thing! :lol:

ticketmaster: confusing ga concertgoers for 34 years.

Thanks for your help. Obviously it isn't of much relevance but the last thing I'd want is to get there and be directed to some seat! :huh:, so just thought i'd check, cheers! :lol:

So is anyone keeping up with the presale problem thread on u2.com? It's extremely stressful to read that thread. :crack:

Exactly, I'm in the same boat. Although, honestly I did that for Barcelona last year and had absolutely no problems.

My cc has already been charged for the 4 tickets I bought. I think the people that keep calling Ticketec and TM are causing more problems than it's worth.

Wedding came in the way !!!

hi,

i wasn't able to go last time they came because i was getting married (Nov 25, almost 4 years ago). if anyone has presale codes for Auckland, isn't going and doesn't mind passing it over: it'd be awesome if they emailed 2 codes to me. that way i can take most of the wedding party to the concert this year (9 of us, so one will have to miss out). my email is psychon [at] gmail.com . if not, that's ok. i've signed up as a member last week so will get presale on Monday. Just thought it'd be awesome to beat the crowd :)

Exactly, I'm in the same boat. Although, honestly I did that for Barcelona last year and had absolutely no problems.

My cc has already been charged for the 4 tickets I bought. I think the people that keep calling Ticketec and TM are causing more problems than it's worth.

exactly. i did the same thing last tour (albeit through ticketmaster, not ticketek), but i hardly need the stress when i know it'll be fine.

So is anyone keeping up with the presale problem thread on u2.com? It's extremely stressful to read that thread. :crack:

I think the people that keep calling Ticketec and TM are causing more problems than it's worth.

My (new) presale code appears to work on TM, but not Ticketek :doh: That's a new problem I've never heard of before. I'm not planning on using my code until 2nd shows are announced. So no rush, but I guess another call to u2.com is in order :huh:

one thing i'll say about using the contact us page on u2.com, live nation really get back to you quickly, no matter how silly your enquiry is.

I used the contact us link to enquire about my code not working. I recieved an email very promptly. Only problem was that the email quoted the presale times & nothing else :huh: I thought phoning them worked quite well too, got a new code, just wished it worked properly :huh: :doh:

hey d.daroch
just wondering which number you used to call u2.com. Was it this:
Phone: +1-916-414-2921 (outside the US)? how long is it before they put you through?
i'm having the same problem with ticketek au - it says my code is 'used or expired' when it's not and emailing customer support at u2.com hasn't really helped much at all...
pondering whether it might be worth calling or wait for more emails...

thanks!!

good job to all those who managed to get tickets...wish i was in your shoes *sigh*

Just took the plunge and joined U2.com

Here's hoping there will be some GA's available for Sydney in the Cedars presale!

I definetly cannot get my code to work until monday 3pm?

i'm sure there'll be some left for second presale group...just make sure when you enter your code into ticketek, you purchase your tix there and then (not that you were gonna wait around any longer :p), otherwise the next time you try accessing presale, it most probably won't let you use your code again...like it has happened to yours truly :sad:

i had a browse on thursday and now can't use my code...

i'm sure there'll be some left for second presale group...just make sure when you enter your code into ticketek, you purchase your tix there and then (not that you were gonna wait around any longer :p), otherwise the next time you try accessing presale, it most probably won't let you use your code again...like it has happened to yours truly :sad:

i had a browse on thursday and now can't use my code...
pm bajagirl on zootopia might work for you.

thanks for the suggestion
i've already had a go with the forum and pm-ing bajagirl - no luck, haven't received a reply and it seems the thread abt this ticketek issue is dying out. guess there's not much else to do but sit and hope
OR
just line up like the rest of hopeful fans on friday

hey d.daroch
just wondering which number you used to call u2.com. Was it this:
Phone: +1-916-414-2921 (outside the US)? how long is it before they put you through?
i'm having the same problem with ticketek au - it says my code is 'used or expired' when it's not and emailing customer support at u2.com hasn't really helped much at all...
pondering whether it might be worth calling or wait for more emails...

thanks!!

good job to all those who managed to get tickets...wish i was in your shoes *sigh*

I'm in the US, so I used the toll free number, 1-800-615-1324 (inside the US).

I'd give them a call, the number you listed looks right. For the 2 calls I've made I've been on hold no more than a total of 30 secs.

Sure is. I am not surprised. The FAQ posted on u2.com is the most idiotic and complicated thing I have ever read. It was bound to fail. If the ticketing companies were issued guidelines that read like this FAQ then of course it was going to be a disaster.

That FAQ ties itself in knots and in the end it pushes the boundaries of the English language in terms of sensiblity. The attempts to describe the limits make no sense.

I bought a mixture of ticket types on a single pre-sale code. All for the same show. Am waiting to see if they get cancelled.

Sure is. I am not surprised. The FAQ posted on u2.com is the most idiotic and complicated thing I have ever read. It was bound to fail. If the ticketing companies were issued guidelines that read like this FAQ then of course it was going to be a disaster.

That FAQ ties itself in knots and in the end it pushes the boundaries of the English language in terms of sensiblity. The attempts to describe the limits make no sense.

I bought a mixture of ticket types on a single pre-sale code. All for the same show. Am waiting to see if they get cancelled.

Well said, it's a real shame that the possibility of tickets being cancelled kind of puts a damper on the excitement of getting tickets, especially considering most people are not intentionally doing any wrong and are just confused by weird wording and rules by u2.com. The presale thing is fantastic, it just needs a little tweaking to get rid of the confusion.

I myself am kind of scared to use any codes now because the code where I used up all 4 ticket allocations is still seemingly valid yet my other one (2 tickets) is not. What makes it harder is the fact that they don't have a way for you to identify what code has been used and how. Anyway I don't like to complain much, I'm just grateful I was able to secure some tickets :lol:

Well said, it's a real shame that the possibility of tickets being cancelled kind of puts a damper on the excitement of getting tickets, especially considering most people are not intentionally doing any wrong and are just confused by weird wording and rules by u2.com. The presale thing is fantastic, it just needs a little tweaking to get rid of the confusion.

I myself am kind of scared to use any codes now because the code where I used up all 4 ticket allocations is still seemingly valid yet my other one (2 tickets) is not. What makes it harder is the fact that they don't have a way for you to identify what code has been used and how. Anyway I don't like to complain much, I'm just grateful I was able to secure some tickets :lol:

It was most confusing hey! Way too wordy :S I hope all goes well for me this afternoon.

Ticketek has just updated for the cedars presale. Sydney: No Longer On Sale :S :S :S

I was already signed up to LiveNation's European/Netherlands website from last year, since I got tickets to Amsterdam through them... I just updated my location to include Australia through the AU/NZ version of the site, although it keeps showing the Netherlands at the top of the list of different LiveNation sites/locations in My Account. Is it possible/worthwhile to delete the Netherlands from my locations entirely? I subscribed to the Aus/NZ newsletter thing but I'm not subscribed to anything else.

I'm wondering if I will be eligible for the LiveNation presale, which I think is supposed to be on Wednesday? I've read that GAs will probably not be available, but I'm looking at buying some seats for family members, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Just trying to avoid general-sale-chaos... At least until second shows are announced. :wink:

just got 4 for sydney!!! yeh

ME TOO!!!!! :D

So excited! Just need 5 Brisbane tix, 1 Auckland and perhaps 2 Melb and I am set!

****EDIT****: I bought an extra Sydney GA as a bargaining tool. At this stage I need 5 Brisbane GA's, 2 Melbourne GA's and 1 Auckland GA. Once the public sale is finished, this extra ticket will be up for trade for anything I am missing.

If I am not missing anything after the general sale (here's hoping), It will be for sale to the highest bidder. JKS :D Face value to a needy person :)

Congrats to everyone who just got tickets :applaud: . . . unreal banana peel :)

< is now starting to get ever so nervous about likelihood of second syd and melb show being sold as soon as first shows sell out . . . will be working :( and not able to get near a computer . . . really really really hoping for red zone for second syd show and poss 2 tix anywhere for melbourne . . . :zen:

It's weird sitting around when there's heaps of tickets on sale but not doing anything because you're waiting in anticipation of more shows.:lol:

Got 4 GA's to Sydney as well...so easily done, logged on at 3 and got the transaction approved in a matter of minutes...was afraid that the site might crash

I just managed to get another 4 GA's using the same code...has anyone else done this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom