Predictions On Major Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalMusicLover

The Fly
It's been 4 1/2 Months since the dates were postponed, and just as long since Bono said new shows would be announced, I thought it would be cool to have fun with some fantasies on this "Major Tour Announcement" which is about to take place. Obviously they're planning something special, which is the reason for so much extra work being involved. Heck, they announced an Entire 2nd Tour Leg in the U.S. in the middle of Hockey & Basketball season, and they were still able to Announce and Sell Out every show, and that was on short notice, and 9 Months prior to some of the shows. You remember that? They suddenly pumped out all those dates in March, before the First Leg even started, and the concerts didn't end until mid-December?

Now suddenly, it's taking them a long time. Guess it's easier to book 30 dates in the U.S., than it is for 10 shows, mainly in Australia. Perhaps that's why nobody plays there.

So, I'm going to start it off. We can pass the time, hours, days, weeks....until the actual announcement, which will may or may not be worth the wait. But from the original 10 shows, I'm saying grow the tour to 25+ dates. How does this sound?

October 24-25 - Vancouver - 2 Shows - "Rehearsals"

October 27 - Oakland, CA - 1 Show

October 29 - Los Angeles, CA - 1 Show

November 8-21 - Australia - 6 Shows

November 24-29 - New Zealand - 4 Shows

December 3-4 - Tokyo - 2 Shows

December 6-7 - Hong Kong - 2 Shows

December 9 - Honolulu - 1 Show

December 13 - Chicago - 1 Show

December 16-17 - Boston, MA - 2 Shows

December 20-21 - New York, NY - 2 Shows

December 27-28 - Twickenham Stadium, London - 2 Shows

December 30 & 31 - Croke Park, Dublin - 2 Shows

When's the new London Stadium finished?

There's also a bunch of US stadiums built in the past 10 throughout the US they have never played.

u2fp

Now suddenly, it's taking them a long time. Guess it's easier to book 30 dates in the U.S., than it is for 10 shows, mainly in Australia. Perhaps that's why nobody plays there.

And perhaps thats why we have INXS, Pearl Jam, Robbie Williams, Kylie Minogue, Placebo and possibly Billie Joel all playing later on this year?????:eyebrow:

Last edited:
Yeah, like they'd play some of those venues in the middle of winter. An outdoor Dublin show on New Year's Eve would be chilltastic!

Re: Re: Predictions On Major Tour

Aussie Edge said:

And perhaps thats why we have INXS, Pearl Jam, Robbie Williams, Kylie Minogue, Placebo and possibly Billie Joel all playing later on this year?????:eyebrow:

INXS is playing Australia??? What are the odds??!! :wink:

I think the point was, it shouldnt take this long to work out a 10 show tour so obviously something else is in the works in addition to that. What that will be I dont know. My "guess" would be some additional shows in some other regions in the same area and some additional shows in Australia and possibly Japan.

SoCal, your schedule would be great, but extremely unlikely IMO. Unless they are doing arenas also which I would seriously doubt. Would be great if they came back to the continental U.S. but I think its unlikely. I would love to be wrong though! :laugh:

SoCalMusicLover said:
It's been 4 1/2 Months since the dates were postponed, and just as long since Bono said new shows would be announced, I thought it would be cool to have fun with some fantasies on this "Major Tour Announcement" which is about to take place. Obviously they're planning something special, which is the reason for so much extra work being involved. Heck, they announced an Entire 2nd Tour Leg in the U.S. in the middle of Hockey & Basketball season, and they were still able to Announce and Sell Out every show, and that was on short notice, and 9 Months prior to some of the shows. You remember that? They suddenly pumped out all those dates in March, before the First Leg even started, and the concerts didn't end until mid-December?

So, I'm going to start it off. We can pass the time, hours, days, weeks....until the actual announcement, which will may or may not be worth the wait. But from the original 10 shows, I'm saying grow the tour to 25+ dates. How does this sound?

October 24-25 - Vancouver - 2 Shows - "Rehearsals"

October 27 - Oakland, CA - 1 Show

October 29 - Los Angeles, CA - 1 Show

November 8-21 - Australia - 6 Shows

November 24-29 - New Zealand - 4 Shows

December 3-4 - Tokyo - 2 Shows

December 6-7 - Hong Kong - 2 Shows

December 9 - Honolulu - 1 Show

December 13 - Chicago - 1 Show

December 16-17 - Boston, MA - 2 Shows

December 20-21 - New York, NY - 2 Shows

December 27-28 - Twickenham Stadium, London - 2 Shows

December 30 & 31 - Croke Park, Dublin - 2 Shows

someone better put PHILADELPHIA! i need to see U2 live

Chicago on Dec 13 and Boston on 16-17?!?! Yeah right, brrrrrrr!! We'll all be under several feet of snow by then.

U2FanPeter said:
When's the new London Stadium finished?

u2fp

The new Wembley Stadium won't be open til at least May 2007 - the first event it will probably host will be the F.A Cup Final (an English soocer tournament) I am guessing it will be open for concerts around July.

Bon Jovi were scheduled to open it up this year- I wouldn't be surprised if they came back and did it because I hear they really wnated to - and because they closed the old Wembley - so just for historic purposes.

Replying To A Closed Thread:

dabiggestu2fan said:
Are you part of the team? are you a family member of U2? your not you don't know the half of it. Do you know that there are other things going on on stadiums and arenas and yes even if your U2 they will not cancel an important game just for their concert for example. You don't know the half of it and the logistics and don't forget the problems they had with one of their family members!

so my advice to you on this is shush!

First of all, the family issues have nothing to do with the delays in announcing the dates. From The Very Beginning, they knew the shows would be rescheduled for November & December. If there is still a family issue, that means the shows may not happen at all, because according to your scenario, there would still be some doubt as to rescheduling because of the illness.

And we're talking about maybe 8 shows in Australia & NZ. I hardly think the stadiums are so fully booked, that they weren't able to figure out the dates MONTHS ago. Do you actually think they do not know the dates yet? Why don't you answer my question then as to what could be taking them so long to ANNOUNCE THEM?

They're playing games with us, and not being honest. I guess that's their right, and will cause us to waste time constantly checking for an update, which THEY know is not forthcoming until they damn well decide they want to issue it.

SoCalMusicLover said:
They're playing games with us, and not being honest.

That still doesn't make sense, even though you've said it 20 times. Their motive cannot be just to fool around with the fans! What purpose would that serve? It doesn't make sense that it's taking this long, true. But playing games with us?

Their motive may be legitimate. But the fact they've thrown out false information is not. They obviously have known the dates, and could have released that if they wanted to. They should never have made the 1 Week statement, back on Monday April 10. That was just an outright lie. Then last Saturday the promoter or someone said "the announcement is imminent." I'm sorry, but 5-6 days is not "imminent" in my book.

Either they had plans to release the information later today or tomorrow, in which case they could have said that 2 weeks ago, so people would not be checking and waiting. Or else they won't even release a statement this week at all, and make us sit through the weekend again trying to figure out the definition of the word "imminent."

Either way it's unacceptable, and poor PR by those in charge. Again, they are calling the shots, but IMO are making poor judgements along the way, and not being 100% honest with their fans in the process.

SoCalMusicLover said:
Replying To A Closed Thread:

First of all, the family issues have nothing to do with the delays in announcing the dates. From The Very Beginning, they knew the shows would be rescheduled for November & December. If there is still a family issue, that means the shows may not happen at all, because according to your scenario, there would still be some doubt as to rescheduling because of the illness.

And we're talking about maybe 8 shows in Australia & NZ. I hardly think the stadiums are so fully booked, that they weren't able to figure out the dates MONTHS ago. Do you actually think they do not know the dates yet? Why don't you answer my question then as to what could be taking them so long to ANNOUNCE THEM?

They're playing games with us, and not being honest. I guess that's their right, and will cause us to waste time constantly checking for an update, which THEY know is not forthcoming until they damn well decide they want to issue it.

That discussion has been closed, please don't carry it on into other threads. If you would like to continue a conversation with a specific member, please do so off the forum.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom