Predictions (Exact)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Possibly it would mean that there would be eleven tracks. But Pearl Jam's Ten has 12 tracks. It's just a guess anyways.

I am hoping for 12 at least. I just guessed Eleven, because it's their 11th album and Bono made a remark about the songs go to Number 11 (Spinal Tap reference)

I just hope they dont make it a self titled album. That's about as non creative and boring as can be and it doesn't help with an albums identity either.

Ah, right. Well, I too would love to see at least twelve tracks. I'd like thirteen or fourteen but somehow I can't see that happening ...

I can't see U2 making a self-titled album. This is U2 we're talking about here, a band who I imagine is the last in the world to make a self-titled album. If there was ever going to be a self-titled album, it would have been either Boy or October.

OK I'll try: (I didn't read the thread very attentively so if anyone else has the same dates...)

1st single release: 15th February 2004

1st single: All because of you

Album release: May 1st 2004

Album name: Dragon

Songs:

All because of you
Bulldozer
Native son
Xanax
Wine (aren't those 2 separate songs?)
Origin of species
One step closer to knowing
Sometimes you can't make it on your own
Tough
A man's a man
(and the "God" song)

Tour announcement: 10 June 2004

Tour start: Sep 1st 2004

I've been told today from a very reliable source that the album will not be out until late summer 04. Thanks for the tip H!!

Psst all the band are currently in LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe it. I seriously don't. That album's coming out in the Northern spring, definitely by Bono's birthday.

Sorry, I am as upset as you all are but a friend of mine told me yesterday after she had been talking to Edge's cousin, she found out at Christmas.
If it is true then obviously the band arent happy with it so i would rather wait a bit longer and get a great album.

But how does that explain away what's in the 'Another person says Spring, Bizitches (NEW)' thread by U2DMfan? There's a good deal of varying reports but the majority are saying Northern spring and I believe that.

If the title of the album was Eleven, that wouldbe almost as uncreative as a self titled album....call it just Xanax i reckon....it sounds fine

"the Xanax album from 2004".....nice

Axver said:
But how does that explain away what's in the 'Another person says Spring, Bizitches (NEW)' thread by U2DMfan? There's a good deal of varying reports but the majority are saying Northern spring and I believe that.

Havent read that post yet will go and have a look but this info I've been given came from Edges's cousin!!

I still think....

I still think my predictions will be right, it just FEELS right.

1st Single Release Date: February 17, 2004
1st Single: Bulldozer
Album Release Date: March 8, 2004 (World)/March 9, 2004 (North America)
Album Name: Native Son

Bulldozer seems like a great starting single, to rock the new album, set the stage for it, so to speak. I got money on Feb 17 for the 1st single, and March 8/9 for the album.:)

Can anyone remember what the time span of when we heard of the release date for Beautiful Day and what the actual release date was? I think we should use that as a guide.

i told all you springers not to get your hopes up

dont blame edges cousin for the news ya didnt want to hear

expect the new u2 album, 11, on the date 11/11

Re: I still think....

U2Fan101 said:
I still think my predictions will be right, it just FEELS right.

1st Single Release Date: February 17, 2004
1st Single: Bulldozer
Album Release Date: March 8, 2004 (World)/March 9, 2004 (North America)
Album Name: Native Son

Bulldozer seems like a great starting single, to rock the new album, set the stage for it, so to speak. I got money on Feb 17 for the 1st single, and March 8/9 for the album.:)

Can anyone remember what the time span of when we heard of the release date for Beautiful Day and what the actual release date was? I think we should use that as a guide.

pretty sure we knew about BD in June, and it was released in Sept.
album came out 10/31.

which means if they announced a single tommorrow, it would be at least end of March till it was released, with the album out at the end of May.

Re: Re: I still think....

JOFO said:

pretty sure we knew about BD in June, and it was released in Sept.
album came out 10/31.

which means if they announced a single tommorrow, it would be at least end of March till it was released, with the album out at the end of May.

Well gosh darnit, that takes care of my prediction! LOL

look how quickly electrical storm made it's way around the internet... we didn't hear of any set release date for that single, and then all of a sudden here it was... and the official mixes were on the radio within a week or two of the bootleg copy that bono gave someone... so no one really knows for sure. just because they've had a set time between announcement and release in the past doesn't mean they will this time. it's just wait and see

and the album will be out tommorow

Headache in a Suitcase said:
and the album will be out tommorow

I'm going to say this once and once only: I am predicting the album will be released one day after whatever Headache predicts.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
so using the old price is right method against me, eh? damn you! :madspit:

I simply couldn't let the chance get away from me ...

i've given in and i'll finally list my exact predictions

1st Single Release Date: Today
1st Single: American Prayer f/ Beyonce & J-Lo
1st Single Track Listing
1.American Prayer (single mix)
2.American Prayer (oakenfold mix)
3.American Prayer (fred durst mix)
4.American Prayer (neptunes mix)
5.American Prayer (roc-a-fella mix)
6.Spanish Thighs
7.Spanish Thighs (bennifer mix)
Album Release Date: Tommorow
Album Name: Headache Rules
Tracks (in no particular order):
1.Headache is so Great (11:25)
2.Cujo Smells (2:23)
3.An Ode to Edge's Cousin (5:10)
4.American Prayer f/ Beyonce & J-Lo (17:76)
5.One Part Two (4:52)
6.November Rain (GNR Cover) (8:10)
7.Spoons f/ Adam on vocals (4:20)
8.Dodgy Mullets (1:10)
9.Untitled (12:34)
10.Stonehenge (3:10)
11.My Goodness My McGuinness! (5:13)
12.Moobs (0:34)

Tour Announcement: Day after tommorow
Tour Start Date: Day after the day after tommorow

Last edited:
Strato Edge said:
Yeah, two albums back to back would put me closer to God

Hey - maybe that's what they've been working on and we just don't know it. Maybe they finished the first album MONTHS ago and are almost finished with the one they will release next year?
I'm dead serious.

I am going out on a limb here, but:

1st single - VERTIGO
Release date - November 8
Album name - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
Album release date - November 23
Tracklist:
1. Vertigo
2. Miracle Drug
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4. Love & Peace Or Else
5. City Of Blinding Lights