Posting confessions anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
OK me first:

I was reading Mikal's, Maddie's and Zooropamanda's threads on Sunday evening and in spite of the fact i did, i didn't reply.

I didn't know what to say. I mean, i didn't want to plant flowers and say "everything is going to be allright", because i can't do that. I don't know that - and i felt others already put it best and didn't want just to say "i agree with ... (insert a name here)". I think that seems empty and unimaginative.

And i kind of feel weird now...

Also, a certain Interferencer sometimes influences my train of thoughts in my posting. Without giving any names, i'll just say that it seems the bad boy of this forum (or, i should say, his presence) somehow increases the odds of my mind going down weird places.
biggrin.gif

I guess you could say he taught me everything i know about lewd things. (ok, that last sentence is a lie)

Lastly, i will add that the closest i get to my real self here is when i don't start any new threads and just reply to others.

Originally posted by WhackaMole:
OK let's see if this will make sense.

To me the replies that come unprovoked and without cause are the ones that stick in my head.

Sometimes you read something, and you are touched by it in some way. No matter what someone else posted before you or after you, you still feel compelled to post and you do. There may be times when you feel you have nothing of value to add - but it's those times when the other person would probably get the most value - cause it comes from within.

Nothing wrong with agreeing with someone - the thought is there to let the person know you have read or have heard and can understand on whatever level feels comfortable to you.

And the not getting emails back - I so hate that. To me it's common courtesy to get back to a person and I usually just say well I guess that's just me and others don't feel the same way...so good that it irks somebody else...

I don't know did this make any sense? Probably not...

Yes is does. I agree with all that you said.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Originally posted by WhackaMole:

Mmmm-hmmmm - it does. Can't say i ever thought about it that way.

------------------
in a little while i'll be there...

I would also like to add that it's weird not getting emailed back after i email someone.

Hmpf.

To me the replies that come unprovoked and without cause are the ones that stick in my head.

Sometimes you read something, and you are touched by it in some way. No matter what someone else posted before you or after you, you still feel compelled to post and you do. There may be times when you feel you have nothing of value to add - but it's those times when the other person would probably get the most value - cause it comes from within.

Nothing wrong with agreeing with someone - the thought is there to let the person know you have read or have heard and can understand on whatever level feels comfortable to you.

And the not getting emails back - I so hate that. To me it's common courtesy to get back to a person and I usually just say well I guess that's just me and others don't feel the same way...so good that it irks somebody else...

I don't know did this make any sense? Probably not...

It all makes perfect sense Maja. I read some threads here and often dont know what to say. But like someone just said, you read them and still post whatever is going through your mind. I did that once recently in a very serious confession here, and as soon as I hit reply, I wondered if I should take back what I wrote and delete the whole thing. Not because what I said was untrue or mean, but because I wondered if it was my place to intrude in a confession about someone I hardly know. I ended up leaving it, because even though it was a stranger, I felt so much for the poster. I wanted them to know, that me, sitting over here on the other side of the world, cared.
That said, sometimes you dont need to reply. I had no idea what to say to Manda in her confession either. I could have left it and she would have known I cared. I reckon the same goes for you too. You have already built your reputation here as a kind and caring person. You are one of the last people to ever say a bad word about anyone.

I noticed a while back you stopped making threads and kept to relying. Is this better for you? I had no idea why you did, I thought you had maybe been too busy, or just were tired of thinking of new topics to start. Either way, alot of people enjoy reading what you say. If replies are better for you, then thats great!

Also, please tell me in here if I am one of those people who havent emailed you back. I've had endless problems lately with hotmail and am still not really sure if its the filter ot the fact that my new isp has done a lot of strange things. Actually, I've done a lot of new things to the comp and now nothing works as it should.

Woe.

Anyhow, hope things are good still with you girl. Dont be too down about stuff, or people not replying. But maybe they have a good reason for not doing so.

Wow Angela. You always seem to know what to say just perfectly.
smile.gif

(shucks, you're too kind) *blush*
Well, i do what i can - if my words are helpful or entertaining in any way to anyone, that's all i could ask for.

Yes, i keep to replying more lately. Partially my ispiration is leaving me and i'm running out of ideas for new threads, partially i was taking a bit of a break from the forum and U2 (also see LS's thread of mine for more details if interested), partially i'm pondering the importance of this place in the big picture...

Well the reason why i posted the thing about people not emailing me back is that those people are Interferencers, but you are not one of them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom