Post your fake album art

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
egc0gk.jpg

The_Edge89;7100174 And a matching lead single? [IMG said:
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1630/u2p01northstar.jpg[/IMG]
This looks great...just change the font and I could totally see this being an official cover.

I saw this photograph today and thought it would be a perfect cover for Songs of Ascent, should it ever come to pass. It's from French photographer Olivier Föllmi, who has published several books of photos from his travels in the Himalayas. I played around with some fonts, but decided that the picture stands best alone, much like the photo on NLOTH.

ascent.jpg

Marien, these are SO amazing!!! :hyper: How the hell do you do them? :ohmy:
Your every breaking wave one is great, i love the 'inside perspective' of the wave, the way it's twisting around.
The North Star ones are breath taking, especially the last two - i'm trying to decide which of the last two are my favourite, although the third from last is certainly unique, and would be a cool change for the band!
I think these are the kinds of covers u2 should be bringing out, reflecting the song and really being beauty all in themselves... instead of the cliche 'band shot' thing they did for NLOTH's singles.
I hope the artwork for the next album is more in this vein! :hyper:

Marien, those are all great...but I find myself wishing they were square like an album cover. They are very cool, but it would feel more realistic if they were square. :hmm:

Jamiethe Edgefan, thank you so much, I'm delighted you like them, as I told you I'm just starting with image editing, so I try effects on the pics and make some other little changes, I'm using photoshop as you can imagine, I think the difficult thing is to find the right pic, nothing really very complex.

:)
Ah i see what you're doing - i should give it a go sometime!
I agree it's hard finding the right picture or style for an album/single cover - if it's too busy, it can be off putting... it needs to be simple enough to be attractive, yet good enough to stand out amongst thousands of others... :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom