Post here if you're still holding out for the album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you listend to the 30sec clips of the whole album?

• Yes, I couldnt wait!

Votes: 198 57.4%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is leaked

Votes: 33 9.6%
  • No, I wait till the whole album is released

Votes: 114 33.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The slowest internet download ever, it gets to 60 or so % and just terminates, it took me at least 4 hours to get there, 4 hours! :sad: :angry:

I broke down. My radio station played some songs this afternoon and made a big production of it, I could not NOT listen when its on the radio! They played NLOTH (first time listen) and Stand Up Comedy...with more to come, but they were teasing it out driving me crazy! So I broke down and listened to the myspace stream. On my second listen now.... favorite so far is NLOTH! I don't regret it! :drool:

The slowest internet download ever, it gets to 60 or so % and just terminates, it took me at least 4 hours to get there, 4 hours! :sad: :angry:

ouch . . . :(

I broke down. My radio station played some songs this afternoon and made a big production of it, I could not NOT listen when its on the radio! They played NLOTH (first time listen) and Stand Up Comedy...with more to come, but they were teasing it out driving me crazy! So I broke down and listened to the myspace stream. On my second listen now.... favorite so far is NLOTH! I don't regret it! :drool:

:ohmy: . . . it seems myspace will be the undoing of many :( :hug:
happy listening :wave:

I can't find the place where you listen to the songs on the U2 myspace, I only see Boots. :sad: :reject:

There is a drop down menu where you can choose which album to listen to... if that does not work I hear that its also streaming on U2.com..

Waiting for the official release

Am I the only idiot here who is waiting for the official release of NLOTH? I have a 'policy' of waiting until the actual release date as per U2's intention. But seems that the whole world has heard the album already.

Humour me... is anyone else waiting? Its gonna be a long 6 days.

No I'm waiting until it officially drops too. There's a huge thread about it on page 2, the willpower and resistance of some people will make your eyes water.

nah I'm waiting as well...although now I've got some speakers for the PC it's tempting.....

I'm with you until I download the album, which I probably won't have time to in the following week, so Friday i'll buy it.

Andrew :wave:

caved in with the 30sec clips...seems kind of pointless holding on after that. But still looking forward to the full quality CD version. It'll be interesting to hear what's been compressed out.

MySpace premiere doesn't really attract me... I'm far more scared from the "NLOTH" folder, sitting on my desktop... :ohmy: for days now.. too many days. :sad:

no, there are a few idiots who need to smell the booklet and unwrap the cd

Naughty boy! You've ruined March 2nd's beautiful surprise. I love surprises. I haven't even listened to the Boots single that my friend got for me yesterday. I don't drive and you can't buy singles in this town now that Woolworths has ascended to that big high street in the sky. With the shocking unreliability of the local transport trying to escape this town is a bit like re-inacting the Great Escape. I'll probably have to venture out of this town to get the NLOTH boxset that I desire as well. They only started stocking the JT remasters in this town last summer.

I'm waiting for Oficial release too. I will buy CD on 27th February, until then nothing.... Huh, I wasn't here for a week and it looks like I missed something:crack:

Is there anyone left?

:uhoh:

Me. :wave: I posted much earlier in the thread. Have held on despite the leaks. So excited for March the 2nd. :drool:

It's not the quality or legality of the stream that matters. For me it's the whole thing of buying a cd and being able to hold it. I like reading liner notes while listening to the album, just want the complete package you see?
It's not the sound quality, it's the whole thing. It's not just something I want to listen to, it's a whole new listening experience that only happens once every 4-5 years, so I wanna savour it.

And ofcourse, the quality will be better on the cd, with the speaker system I have here rather than my shitty laptop speakers. But that's just an added bonus.

And I'm usually very easy in things, always taking the easy way out. It's a way to prove to myself I have the willpower to do this. Especially because it means a lot it should be a good test.
Sofar I'm actually not even tempted much.

Echoing what GaleonGirl and cjboog said. It's not about integrity, it's partially about sound quality, but mostly about the full experience. And partially about me testing my willpower and not being Instant Gratification Girl all the gime. ;)

Someone yesterday asked me what I would do when the CD format became obscure. Come up with a new listening ritual, I guess. I'll worry about that if and when that ever happens.

I might finally listen to the alternate version of NLOTH next Tuesday, just to tide me over until the release. It's been sitting on my hard drive since it leaked the other week, and I've been holding off. But I might need to crack just a little and listen to that non-album track.

My reasons are the sames as ^ and ^^.
:hi5:

I'm taking March 3 as a vacation day*.

*everyone at work knows why I'm taking the day off, and they all think I'm insane. But in a really good way.

:hi5: I've also booked March 2 off work, though no one knows why. :shifty:

:hi5: to my fellow NLOTH virgins. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom