PLEBAn Misc U2 News and Articles #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon Brown, Bono and Stephen Fry gather for Sir Clement Freud's funeral (but there's no sign of his brothers) | Mail Online

Stephen Fry, Bono andGordon Brown attend Sir Clement Freud's funeral (but there's no sign of his brothers)
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 2:38 PM on 24th April 2009
Comments (3) Add to My Stories U2 frontman Bono, Prime Minister Gordon Brown and comedian Stephen Fry were among the friends and family gathered to attend the funeral of Sir Clement Freud.
Mourners united at St Bride's Church in Fleet Street, London, this afternoon to farewell the celebrated broadcaster, journalist and former Liberal politician.
Bono was accompanied by his wife Ali Hewson while Hell's Kitchen host Claudia Winkleman and fellow television presenter Graham Norton also offered comfort to his family.

More on link Including a pic of B man and Ali :drool:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/04/24/article-0-04A327F6000005DC-933_224x434.jpg

24042009.jpg

24042009-3.jpg
24042009-2.jpg
24042009-1.jpg

084.jpg

Rock star Bono interviews George Clooney for a Time 100/Anderson Cooper 360 special airing May 1 at 11:00 p.m. ET.

Chuck Hadad
AC360° Producer

Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - Bono interviews Clooney � - Blogs from CNN.com

My days are never boring as a producer at AC 360’ but my latest assignment definitely goes down in the annals of producer history: shoot Bono interviewing George Clooney. Clooney is being honored by Time magazine as one of the world’s 100 most influential people and Time asked Bono to write the profile. As Time’s partner, we shot the interview and other famous pairings for an upcoming Time 100/Anderson Cooper 360’ Special aptly titled “The World’s Most Influential People.

While Bono and Clooney are acutely aware of their own fame, it seems to be inversely proportional to the fanfare surrounding both of them. Clooney showed up to the interview solo: no security, no entourage, just a guy in combat boots and a leather jacket. I met him on the street in New York outside of our interview location and joked with him as I lead him to a green room that Bono was looking forward to getting him in the hot seat. I didn’t know it at the time but that was truer than I could have ever imagined.

Bono trailed him by a few minutes in a separate car and while I tried to keep things professional on the outside, on the inside I felt like the 10 year old kid who wore out his tape of U2’s “The Joshua Tree.

The two stars are good friends and when I showed Bono to the same green room, he began to belt out the Beatles “Hey Jude” on a piano but changed the lyrics to butter up Clooney for the interview: “Hey George, don’t make it bad …”

I left them to catch up and ran out to be sure our crew was ready. As far as productions go, for this one we went all out and were shooting the interview at Rose Theater at Frederick P. Rose Hall, Home of Jazz at Lincoln Center.

Ten minutes later, Bono and Clooney walked into the theater, introduced themselves to the entire crew and Bono had the closest he came to a diva moment during the entire afternoon. “Could I get a clipboard so we can make this interview official?!” he said with a smile and a wink.

With clipboard in hand, he sat down, I called for quiet on the set and Bono began.

“You recently slept with someone that I have a crush on … tell me about that?” was one of his first questions to George Clooney and it set the tone of their nearly 40 minute interview: although they’re good friends, Bono would leave no stone unturned.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

The special airs next Friday at 11 pm ET. Check out the video above for a sneak peak.

086.jpg

Thanks a lot. Can't wait for this to air, sounds like a cool interview. Btw, I only see one clip there, it's called "George Clooney on being famous".

Let that clip finish then a group of more videos will show up at the bottom. Scroll to the left until you see George Clooney again, the second clip is something about politics.

Why they always look so happy on funerals ? And why Ali wears so revealing outfit as she did for Pavarotti's funeral?:yikes:

Because the Irish tend to celebrate life at funerals. I don't see Ali's outfit as being particularly "revealing".

Dana

Because the Irish tend to celebrate life at funerals. I don't see Ali's outfit as being particularly "revealing".

Dana
Thanks for explanation. About the outfit you should look at the other people on the funerals there. She looked good though.

Salma Hayek finally gets her fairytale wedding

April 25 2009

Washington, Apr 26 (ANI): Salma Hayek and husband, French billionaire François-Henri Pinault, have tied the knot - for the second time -in a star-studded ceremony in Venice, Italy.

They originally got married in a civil ceremony at the 6th Arrondisement City Hall in Paris on Valentine's Day, reports People.

This time around, Hayek, 42, wore a Balenciaga wedding gown by Nicholas Ghesquiere.

The cute pair exchanged vows at Venice's opera house La Fenice.

The couple's daughter, Valentina Paloma, 19 months, was a flower girl, along with Francois-Henri's son and daughter from his first marriage, Francois, 10 and Mathilde, 8.

About 150 friends and family members were in attendance, including Penélope Cruz, Edward Norton, Woody Harrelson, Olivier Martinez, Luis Miguel, Ashley Judd, Charlize Theron, Stuart Townsend, Bono, Gael García Bernal, Enrique Murciano, David Blaine, Ziyi Zhang, Anna Wintour and former French President Jacques Chirac.

The wedding was a black tie affair. Guests wore black and gold masks as they arrived for the nuptials. (ANI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom