Pleban Girls Party - We're ready for OUR interviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russty Cat said:
Hi Fly! :hug: I'm doing much better now. :hyper: :flirt: :sexywink:

SG I know five pointed stars are also used by Wiccans and Pagans which contrarey to popular belief are not satanists. If I wasn't a Christian I would probably be Wiccan.

Right :yes: The Celts and all sorts of other pagans beliefs are not far from a lot of Native American beliefs. I don't consider them evil, in fact one of my oldest friends married into a family that practices Wica.

I hold fast to my own personal faith, but I respect the myriad of different views people have and have historically had at the same time.

Sami - what kind of report do you have to do? what part of US history?

Russty Cat said:

SG I know five pointed stars are also used by Wiccans and Pagans which contrarey to popular belief are not satanists. If I wasn't a Christian I would probably be Wiccan.

I've only ever heard of the five-pointed star....but have no idea what it is.

Inst the star of david five-pointed?....the judaism one?

Or is that just me bieng dumb?

Russty Cat said:

Thanks for the site VP. :hug:

Your post made me giggle a bit though, cuz just the name of Satan gives me the hebbie jebbies and thinking about worshipping him really is a bit scary. I just don't get it.

But then I'm a bi-sexual Christian, which totally goes against some of the basic principles of the bible, so who am I to speak. :lol:

But that's the misconception - they don't worship satan. They don't worship anyone. :lol: Sarah found this site years ago, and there's a LOT of really neat info on it. :)

GG!! :hug: I've been thinking of you, how are you?

SG, PM sent with the link. :)

bono_gal said:

I've only ever heard of the five-pointed star....but have no idea what it is.

Inst the star of david five-pointed?....the judaism one?

Or is that just me bieng dumb?

the star of David is a six sided star; but that is a fairly common mistake :wink:

Sad_Girl said:

Right :yes: The Celts and all sorts of other pagans beliefs are not far from a lot of Native American beliefs. I don't consider them evil, in fact one of my oldest friends married into a family that practices Wica.

I hold fast to my own personal faith, but I respect the myriad of different views people have and have historically had at the same time.

Sami - what kind of report do you have to do? what part of US history?

about why the period from 1815-1825 is "the era of good feelings" and stuff like that. I have my ideas for the 3 body paragraphs down but they are all pretty much the same thing :yikes: :lol: It's only a rough draft though :shrug:

VintagePunk said:
Fly, I posted earlier that I can't watch the dvd till Sarah gets home, so I'm trying to avoid temptation right now. :scream:

Glad to hear your clinical is going well!! :hug:

Oh man that is torture. :lol: :hug: Ah well, it'll just make it that much more special when she gets home!

Thanks! I'm glad I'm finally not dreading each day. It makes life easier :wink:

Russty Cat said:

Five pointed stars are also used in a lot of Voodoo, which is one religion that fascinates me and scares me at the same time!

It has roots in Africa and South America, it was practiced a lot by slaves at one point, and I think the 'emotional energy' involved alone in that time era had a lot to do with how some of the stuff developed. There's a malicious feeling about it, more often than not.

VP I just read a bit on Satanism and I swear I just learned a ton! Thanks for a really great website!

My girlfriend is Wiccan and we discuss it often. I'm going to read up more on it. And they have a great overview on sexuality in the major world religions, which I will definetly be reading up on.

sami0201 said:

about why the period from 1815-1825 is "the era of good feelings" and stuff like that. I have my ideas for the 3 body paragraphs down but they are all pretty much the same thing :yikes: :lol: It's only a rough draft though :shrug:

:yikes: :uhoh: *puts on dunce cap

Sorry :shrug: I won't be of a lot of assistance there :slant:

I am really into archetypes and Jungian philosophy. :) So very interesting. I have some really neat meditation cards too. You're all going to think I'm a psycho now :lol:

...not religion at all but it just came to mind. :wink:

Well I better go. I have to get ready to go to dinner and to pick up the dvd! :hyper: :heart:

One last funny thing I'm listening to Virgin Radio and they are giving away U2 tickets for a show here in the states next week. They said they want them to go to a true fan, so the questions will be hard. My first smart arse thought was they will probably ask what is Bonos real name. :lol: I have yet to hear a radio show come up with actually good hard questions.

Russty Cat said:
VP I just read a bit on Satanism and I swear I just learned a ton! Thanks for a really great website!

My girlfriend is Wiccan and we discuss it often. I'm going to read up more on it. And they have a great overview on sexuality in the major world religions, which I will definetly be reading up on.

There's a LOT of good reading on it, and I've learned a ton about various religions. Glad you're finding it interesting. :)

FlyYourKite said:
I am really into archetypes and Jungian philosophy. :) So very interesting. I have some really neat meditation cards too. You're all going to think I'm a psycho now :lol:

:lol: no, not Psycho. I think I've talked to most people around here about how I believe in some things people think are 'out there' ... If I do finish my Psych degree, my area of focus is going to be Paranormal Psych.

So... If people think we're crazy, at least we can be crazy together

FlyYourKite said:

I don't know much about Jung, other than the fact that he was a student of Freud's, and part of that Vienna group, but then th group splintered into subgroups due to differences of opinion...and the whole archetype thing. That's the extent of my knowledge. :reject: We've never studied him. Odd, cause we've studied pretty much every other major psychologist. :huh:

Later Russty :wave:

VintagePunk said:

I don't know much about Jung, other than the fact that he was a student of Freud's, and part of that Vienna group, but then th group splintered into subgroups due to differences of opinion...and the whole archetype thing. That's the extent of my knowledge. :reject: We've never studied him. Odd, cause we've studied pretty much every other major psychologist. :huh:

I'm loving psych more and more every day :bow: Thanks to my teacher :love:

I have a 95 in there! :happy: :D

I love my history teacher too, too bad he doesn't actually TEACH!! :lol: :|

Carl Jung was the one who believed in Collective Memory, wasn't he?

That if I was afraid of the dark, it was because I retain the memories of my ancestors, to whom the dark really was very dangerous (because of night predatory animals and such)

I got a bit lost in VP's site there!

That really is excellent VP....just goes to show how a lot of it is rumoured.

Probably by anti-satanists who are so engrossed in god and everything that they spread rumours about all that stuff.

However.....sacrifice and the magic rituals. Yeah, theyre a tad freaky....which still gives me the impression that the people who follow the fait are a bit weird :lol:

"Young women generally wear sexually suggestive clothing; older women wear all black."

Is there a reason for this?

I'm not like extremly feministic or anythin.....not at all. But that seems silly. It also seems like a very modernised way for men to have sexual feelings for young girls at church! :huh:

The werid and wonderful path of faith and religion eh?

Sad_Girl said:

That if I was afraid of the dark, it was because I retain the memories of my ancestors, to whom the dark really was very dangerous (because of night predatory animals and such)

:yes: That's exactly it. He discusses a lot about the collective unconscious, as well.

Originally posted by VintagePunk
I don't know much about Jung, other than the fact that he was a student of Freud's, and part of that Vienna group, but then th group splintered into subgroups due to differences of opinion...and the whole archetype thing. That's the extent of my knowledge. We've never studied him. Odd, cause we've studied pretty much every other major psychologist.

:lol: Maybe they don't like him. :wink: His archetype stuff is my favourite, I don't know why...but I'm really drawn to it. I really like Caroline Myss' interpretations of it too and have done a few of her activities related to them.

Sad_Girl said:

:yes: he was all about the collective unconscious and arcehtypes and stuff

I have 3 paragraphs typed! :happy: Even though I know it's terrible quality and I'm just running with my head :lol: I don't even think it makes sense :huh:

sami0201 said:

:yes: he was all about the collective unconscious and arcehtypes and stuff

I have 3 paragraphs typed! :happy: Even though I know it's terrible quality and I'm just running with my head :lol: I don't even think it makes sense :huh:

Thats the power of a draft copy :wink:

Edit it so it makes sense and then wham-bam you've got a paper :drool:

sami0201 said:

I'm loving psych more and more every day :bow: Thanks to my teacher :love:

I have a 95 in there! :happy: :D

I love my history teacher too, too bad he doesn't actually TEACH!! :lol: :|

Awesome Sami!! *sniff* *wipes away a tear of pride* :D

Funny that you say that about history teachers, because the entire history department at Sarah's school are a bunch of slackers. They show up late for class, leave early... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom