Pleban Girls Party - We're getting hot and sticky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm good, Bri.

As I think I said earlier in the thread, I'm sitting around wondering where my weekend went. Now that it's 10 p.m. on Sunday night. :wink:

No Grey's Anatomy tonight. :grumpy: Just the NBA Finals. Without the Pistons, who blew it last week. :grumpy:

Gee, I was always done with school by this time every year. Unless I was taking summer school classes in college or grad school.

:yikes: at the memory of summer library school classes

Is her school on a unique scheduling system? That seems like a very long year for a traditional school

I know some have gone to nine week block schedules with a moderate vacation between each of the three blocks; not as long as a full summer but longer than the usual Christmas and Spring breaks... to keep things more even. I think it's a great idea, but haven't known anyone who attended a school with that particular system yet

No, that timetable is normal for this area. The school year starts the day after Labour Day in Sept, and ends in mid to late June, with approx. 2 weeks off for Christmas, and a week for March break.

Sad_Girl said:
I know some have gone to nine week block schedules with a moderate vacation between each of the three blocks; not as long as a full summer but longer than the usual Christmas and Spring breaks... to keep things more even. I think it's a great idea, but haven't known anyone who attended a school with that particular system yet

An elementary school or two in my suburb tried that schedule a few years ago. I think they had an October vacation and a long spring break for vacations. I thought it was a great idea -- but then, remember, I don't have kids. :wink:

Yeah. I was shocked to learn that there are schools in the US that start before Sept. :lol: Seems unnatural to us here...

Gotta hand the computer back to Sarah, see you all in a while if she's not done too late. :wave:

VintagePunk said:
Yeah. I was shocked to learn that there are schools in the US that start before Sept. :lol: Seems unnatural to us here...

Gotta hand the computer back to Sarah, see you all in a while if she's not done too late. :wave:

They made it law here to start school after Labor Day so the tourism industry could benefit from everyone taking one last family vacation.

Bye, VP! :wave:

ooh, may I have some chocolate too, SG? :raises hand:

:drool:

It's my own fault I'm hungry. First I skip dinner, then I don't go make myself something to eat while I'm here now. :grumpy:

jobob said:

They made it law here to start school after Labor Day so the tourism industry could benefit from everyone taking one last family vacation.

Bye, VP! :wave:

that must be local because our schools all start in Mid August
I know they discussed it but I was told it didn't pass as a law

Bye VP :wave: Hi Sarah :wink:

My mom was craving chocolate too so I went to BK for Hershey Sundae pie :drool:

Sad_Girl said:

:lol: Sami, If you catch him, see if you can get some cheap auto insurance out of him :wink:

:lol: I can't go near those things! :yikes: My dad is obsessed with those commercials. If one comes on he rewinds it and watches it like 5 times. :laugh:

Ok, in that picture I showed you before do you think I looked mean? Honestly. My friend told me I look mean in it!

Sad_Girl said:
Are any of you into this whole Green Tea thing? Drink it, take diet it as a supplement for diet purposes or any of that?

:yuck:

:shifty: :drool:

I don't know if it really counts, but I HATE it hot- the real green tea is gross. :yuck: But I go through about a gallon of Arizona green tea every 2 days. :reject: I started doing it for diet purposes when I stopped drinking soda a few years ago, but it didn't do anything in that sense for me. :shrug: I just love it. :love:

Sad_Girl said:

:lol: Sami, If you catch him, see if you can get some cheap auto insurance out of him :wink:

:lol:

and if he saves you money on your car insurance, send him to my house! I pay a ridiculous amount of money for car insurance!

It's nasty tasting *shudders* I can't drink it at all - I take the pills and they have actually helped a bit, I think (I've lost two or three pounds, any way) but I bought a kind of diet supplement that was chewable the other day (green tea based, again) and I can hardly stand them :yuck:

Back
Top Bottom