Pleban Girls Party - Viva Le révolution!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:

my sister wants to go see her boyfriend, who lives less than an hour from where Russty just moved to, so we'd go together :yes: I would love it, I've never been out West at all - I want to see a palm tree :hyper: ! :lol:

of course, it would involve flying, which I've never done :uhoh: but I think I can manage with a couple of drinks and some xanax :wink:

There's nothing to flying, believe me :wink: When you have to do it a couple times a year in university (and after), you can almost do it in your sleep (save actually getting on the plane :lol: ) For a cross-continental flight (I've flown to SF from TO), bring lots of cds, your discman and book(s)... I distinctly recall the inflight movie sucking *snerk* Then again, it was also Air Canada... :hmm:

U2picture8113.jpg

Something to think about :sexywink:

Hey Britt, how's the downloading going?

VintagePunk said:
From the old thread:

Awwww. :( You need someone who knows the system who can step up to bat for you. Is there someone - a councillor, caseworker, anyone - that you've bonded with, who would have your best interests in mind? Failing that, do you think your sister would step in and try to help? I don't care if she has mental health issues, the bottom line is, you're being abused. If it were a spousal situation, the law would stop it. Just because it's more of a casual roommate situation doesn't make it any more right. Further, those in the agency are complicit in the abuse, by allowing her to stay there and continue it. You really need someone to help you. Wish I were close enough to help. :hug:

Well, my secondary councilor {he's an art therapist fir a group i go to....and if we are really feeling bad etc he encourages us to let our individual therapist know. ANd i've only had THIS primary therapist for ? 2 1/2 months she became my permenant thrapist in Sept after the clinic found out my old therapist had gotwen too sick to return to the clinic.

Obviously if it was a genuinely dangerous situation by law he would have to repert certain things.

Right now my new therapist is basically trying to help me "control" my much less frequent outbursts at her so NR doesn't get triggered off.

ANd there's a housing shortage, too. :(

:sigh: Yeah, I know that this IS real abuse.
MY council said "that's why we are trying to get you out of there"

Of course that ISN't the point!:mad:

I just can't ask my sis ......she's done a fair amount for me since i've bween sick. ANd she's doing ALOT of the meetings and paperwork etc related to my parents .

The new people in my group said "you should file a report with the police.

THat night when the Supervisor for the Field Office came over b/c A) some one in the building called to compalin that there was noise coming from the apartemnt B) nice roomie cllled him too on her cell phone after NR ripped out the base of the cordless phone from the wall after I tried to call the office - after she's thrown my keys at he, .he said in front of NR...to me "DO you want to press charges?"

I said "no."

What good is it to press charges when the person is still living with you?!?:huh:

THAT might enrage her more! :yikes:

I'm prety sure i could defend myself IF i really had to.

OH my goodness, VP - I"ve been ready to drag her off the couch and rip her hair out, or smash her one myself. BUT I have very good impulse control.

ANd the times it's been more scary I've slept with heavy objects. I've at times also put someting big enough in front of my door so that if she tried to come in while was in there sleeping, I'd hear her, and launch what ever i needed to keep myself self.

Maybe this new therapist might help at some point . I know he was shocked at my story.

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:

That sounds awesome!! Let me know how the flying thing works for you. :yikes: :reject: :lol:

Brit! :hug: Did you get any files back?

Hi VP!:hug:....Great story!:happy: :| It appears that nearly every U2 and Madonna album is protected by license which means I won't be able to convert them to iTunes anyway.:mad: I don't have most of my CDs anymore (I ripped them to the library, which is obviously gone), so I gave some away, lost some...:huh:
So my sainted mother is letting me reorder all the ones I no longer have in possession from Amazon. All of them are used (but the ones I bought have never been used thankfully) and they're all under $5. This brings my mom to a grand total of $90 for....

BOY
October
WAR
The Unforgettable Fire
The Joshua Tree
Rattle and Hum
Achtung Baby
Madonna
Like A Virgin
True Blue
Like A Prayer
Erotica
Bedtime Stories
Something To Remember
Ray of Light
Music

*sobs over all the lost unreleased/rare U2 and Madonna songs that will have to be found again..*

VintagePunk said:

They will!! We'll put on our condom hats, click 'save' with our mouse(s), and come back stronger than ever! Vive la revolution!! :happy:

:hug: :lol:

:lol:

You laugh now, but someday a condom hat will arrive in your mailbox. And I will expect you to wear it. I will not take no for an answer...
And we will add to the internets plethora of people wearing condom hat images...
:tongue:

I think at first I thought the hand was edgies? :hmm:

Sad_Girl said:

Umm no, that never even came up :lol: :rolleyes:

it's not that big of a deal, really, just another straw if you will.

and I have been thinking about going to see Russty in April, anyway, so I'm just going to have to do some planning now :wink:

THat would be super SG!

WHen my sis offered my the vacation.she said..."maybe you could visit some of your on-line friends?" :cute:

I :giggle: b/c
A) I had my mind ALREADY set on beautiful light turqoise/teal waters which made sense then to reason B)
".....great idea, sis, BUT they almost ALL live NORTH of NYC/NYS. It's even gonna be colder as the days to real winter aproach."

ANd Russty - if she'd have me visit -- was in too much of diffculties /no home till soon, to.
and then I'd have to wait anyway till they all took a few months to settle in.

SO beautiful WARM weather Turqoiuse waters were "your competition" gals! :wink:

I'd sure like to join up in the later Spring TO or CHi get otgether even if I wasn't one of the original concert gang.............

but that'd take a medium miracle money-wise. :(

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:

Well, my secondary councilor {he's an art therapist fir a group i go to....and if we are really feeling bad etc he encourages us to let our individual therapist know. ANd i've only had THIS primary therapisat for ? 2 1/2 months she became my permeant thrapist in Sept after the clinic found out my old therapist had gotwen too sick to return to the clinic.

Obviously if it was a genuinely dangerous situation by law he would have to repert certain things.

Right now my new therapist is basically trying to help me "control" my much less frequent outbursts at her so NR doesn't get riggered off.
ANf there's a housing shortage, too. :(

:sigh: Yeah, I know that this IS real abuse.
MY council said "that's why we are trying to get you out of there"

Of course that ISN't the point!:mad:

I just can't ask my sis ......she's done a fair amount for me since i've bween sick. ANd she's doing ALOT of the3 meetings and paperwork etc related to my parents .

The new people in my group said "you should file a preort with the police.

THat night when the Supervisor for the Field Office came over b/c A) some one in the building called to compalin that there was noise coming from the apartemnt B) nice roomie cllled him too on her cell phone after NR riped out the cpmmn phone from the wall after I tried to call adfter she's thrown my keys at her.he said in front of NR...to me DO you want to press charges?"

I said "no."

what good is it to press charges when the person is still living with you?!?:huh:

THAT might enrage her more! :yikes:

I'm prety sure i could defend myself IF i really had to.

OH my goodness, VP - I"ve been ready to drag her off the couch and rip her hair out, or smash her one myself. BUT I have very good impulse control.

ANd the times it's been more scary I've slept with heavy objects. I've also put someting big enough in front of my door so that if she tried to come in while was in there sleeping, I'd hear her, and lqaunch what ever i needed to keep myself self.

Maybe this new therapist might help at some point . I know he was shocked at my story.

Wow, what a mess. :huh: :| You say you have everything documented? Maybe if you talk to your new therapist, and have him/her look at the notes you've made?

I agree, it's kind of pointless, stupid and dangerous to charge someone you're living with, someone who will potentially become more enraged. :|

I understand them teaching you effective ways to deal with things, but ultimately, she's the one responsible for her behaviour, and if your changes aren't helping, then there's not much that you can do. :|

Maybe get nice roomie to threaten her on your behalf? :giggle:

Sad_Girl said:

my sister wants to go see her boyfriend, who lives less than an hour from where Russty just moved to, so we'd go together :yes: I would love it, I've never been out West at all - I want to see a palm tree :hyper: ! :lol:

of course, it would involve flying, which I've never done :uhoh: but I think I can manage with a couple of drinks and some xanax :wink:

how cool is that!!! what a great oportunity! I hope it all works out well, SG!!!

I :heart: palm trees.the times I've seen the3m in Phoenix {passing thru} and in LA visiting .

Well I already asked my shrink for compatable short-acting meds for MY vacation flights! :lol: Have the script all handy when needed!

~BrightestStar~ said:

I'm sure you'd be able to dl alot of that stuff off a p2p serive (limewire or what have you) or get it off people around here. :)

I know..:drool: I got a lot of my rare U2 songs from Kaf. over MSN. Most of my Madonna rarities were from Bearshare.:sigh: Limewire is quite shitty lately. I couldn't even find "Twilight" on there.:mad: I never made it past "I Will Follow" before I said "Screw it."

Goodnight Drea!
Sweet topless adam in numb video dreams!:hug::heart:

U2isthebest said:

I know..:drool: I got a lot of my rare U2 songs from Kaf. over MSN. Most of my Madonna rarities were from Bearshare.:sigh: Limewire is quite shitty lately. I couldn't even find "Twilight" on there.:mad: I never made it past "I Will Follow" before I said "Screw it."

I know what you mean. Limewire has no where near the same amount of stuff.

And once more I lament the death of WinMX. Oh how I miss you provider of all things rare and obscure. :scream:

~BrightestStar~ said:

:lol:

You laugh now, but someday a condom hat will arrive in your mailbox. And I will expect you to wear it. I will not take no for an answer...
And we will add to the internets plethora of people wearing condom hat images...
:tongue:

I think at first I thought the hand was edgies? :hmm:

I would be flattered to wear your condom hat. :flirt:

The hand...it says who it is in the commentary, I'm pretty sure. At this point, I can't remember if it's Paul, or if it's a crew member, the same big, burly guy who later snaps a picture of himself and Edge. I think it's the latter.

Oh, maybe it's not in the commentary, I think it's in the Flanagan book...he walks through the entire video step-by-step.

Night Drea, and thanks again! :hug:

Hi Britt and Amy! :hug:

Goodnight Drea! :hug:

I'm debating whether or not to stay up. Sooo sleepy. I had a huge case of the giggles earlier, but those have worn off now. :lol:

VintagePunk said:
Hi Amy, how are you tonight? :hug:

Brit, it was really nice of your mom to let you order those! :heart: And you got a great price, too!

I know! She's been through so much this year. She was blindsided (we all were) about the cancer diagnosis.:( Thank God, she's over it now, but it will take her awhile to get back to normal. Then, there was my dad finally deciding in the start the divorce process in the midst of her cancer treatment while seeing his girlfriend:mad: Yet, she still bought him a Christmas gift. And tonight, she called him to discuss some things with the papers, and he was sick. She was worried and wanted to call him back later to make sure he was ok. She's so good to him even after he treated her like shit. He's not paying for any of my U2 iPOD that she ordered today ( I don't even know what he's planning on doing for or with me at Christmas :| ) so yeah, I don't even know what I can do for her.

I'm doing good, Britt. Thanks. :hug: I had a wonderful evening with my best friend. We went out to a fancy fancy restaurant for dinner, and had a great time together. Now I'm debating whether or not to go to bed. I have to get up at a decent hour tomorrow, and I've been so tired lately, so that would probably be the smartest thing to do. :lol:

ThoraSEB said:
I'm doing good, Britt. Thanks. :hug: I had a wonderful evening with my best friend. We went out to a fancy fancy restaurant for dinner, and had a great time together. Now I'm debating whether or not to go to bed. I have to get up at a decent hour tomorrow, and I've been so tired lately, so that would probably be the smartest thing to do. :lol:

that sounds like fun! :)

My friend has been trying to get me to go out...last night and again tomorrow night, but I've been "meh." :| :yawn:

I'm the funnest person ever. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom