Pleban Girls Party - SIMply misbehaving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
now if only i could have a story like that to tell :hmm: actully truth be told, i don't think i'd want to be pulled up

pattip2000 said:
now if only i could have a story like that to tell :hmm: actully truth be told, i don't think i'd want to be pulled up

Oh, I would soooo love to be on stage with Bono :heart:

But if I had to choose between that or my Adam meeting, I would choose my Adam meeting. I wouldn't trade that for much of anything :heart: :adam: :love:

circa1992 said:

I don’t know, I guess if I ever get myself to a concert I’d want to be as close as possible, I’d want to be able to see everything, but I wouldn’t want to be noticed by the band. Its just the way I am, I guess.

SG wow, it's so cool that you've been writing with them since you were that young!! :) :love:

Seriously, I really love this story. It's definitely one of my favorites by you. :heart:

Sarah I've told people about you too. :lol:

sami0201 said:

:lol: Well it's not so often that I "know" someone who's been pulled up onstage by Bono!! :drool: :D

:eek:

:D

:drool:

My mom and I are seeing the guy that gave up his front row spot to me next Saturday before the Coldplay concert :)

Sarah whats with the "Me getting off-stage, but Bono not wanting me to" picture?

pattip2000 said:
Sarah whats with the "Me getting off-stage, but Bono not wanting me to" picture?

Bono kept tapping my back and tapping my back for me to turn around (so he could give me a hug and supposedly [as everyone says] a kiss on the hand) but I was in such shock that I didn't notice him wanting me to stay up....so I got off stage :reject:

:grumpy:

:wink:

Hi girls! :wave: :hug:

I've missed you guys so much! I'm in Kinkos for a bit, cuz I just had to see my girls on St. Patricks day! It just wouldn't be a good day without ya all. :heart:

pattip2000 said:
when did you meet adam?

*A collective 'Here we go again' is heard from the girls who've heard the story too many times :wink:

It was in September in Toronto - I'd gotten to briefly meet and shake hands with Bono (He kissed me on the cheek :love: ) and Edge (Got his autograph :hyper: ) the day before, but Larry and Adam had not stopped at the venue while I was there at all, and it was the day of the last TO concert, so I went for a walk over in the neighborhood of the hotel I suspected Adam was staying at. Normally, I wouldn't have done that, but I was really desperate to meet him, and with the film festival going on as well, there were tons of fans and autograph hounds around the city.

Still, when I saw his bodyguard I asked him politely if Adam had a moment, that I just wanted the chance to shake his hand, meet him in person, yadda yadda... his bodyguard sort of blew me off, so I was sitting on a bench down the block from the hotel wondering what I should do, when I turned to look and here is Adam and his bodyguard walking towards me! :faint: I was like holy :censored:

Adam smiled at me, like he could just tell he was making me really happy. I got up and approached them, and I started rambling right away, trying not to take up too much of his time... and he sort of interrupted by saying 'Hello' and shaking my hand. He asked my name, getting the conversation back on track so I wasn't such a nervous wreck :lol:

I told him how long I'd been listening to their music and how much it meant to me and so many other people I knew and that I had admired him in particular, and he smacked his lips the way he does :love: and thanked me. He was dressed to go jogging :drool: and he leaned against the light pole I was leaning against at one pint, we were just a couple feet apart and he asked me where I was from and about what I did and if I'd enjoyed the concerts I'd seen, yadda yadda...

and then he said they had to go, and he reached out and was going to hug me already before I realized what he was doing :shocked: I sort of jumped in shock and reached for him, then I was like 'Oh, may I?' and he laughed at me and said of course and hugged me :heart:

So I wouldn’t ever want to be pulled on stage in front of billions of people, but I would die for a conversation with any one of the guys (preferably Bono)

SG I've been thinking about you so much! My damn phone book is packed in one of the stupid boxes and we can't find it or I would have called you to let you know what was going on. :hug: :hug: :hug: :heart: :love:

I found out yesterday that the motherboard on my puter is toast. It has gone to motherboard heaven. It will probably be two more weeks before I get it back. :( :mad: :sad: I've been having serious withdrawal missing all of you so much.

Sarah :hug: I've been doing okay. Its been a long hard week, but I'm hanging in there. At least the good news is, is that our puters waranty is still good so they will be fixing it for free. And hopefully my hard drive will be fine with all my stuff on it. *crossing fingers*

Patti I totally understand how you feel. I don't think I would like being pulled up much either.

Russty, i feel for you. my harddrive crashed last month and everything on it was bye-bye. what was worse was i didn't have any blue crack for like 4 days. Can you imagine the horror, four days without my crack?

:lol: Well, yeah, they really are two totally different things :yes: I would love to be on stage with them, though. When I was younger I thought I was going to be a professional singer when I 'grew up' . I'm not too upset that that didn't work out, but it would be fun to have a moment like that with my favorite band!

The guys are so sweet! They were just incredible, even though Edge and Bono were basically swamped by fans and didn't have time to visit, they still made a point of shaking hands with the fans. Edge made serious eye contact with me, it was like an unspoken conversation, it was so intense!

And Bono paused to really acknowledge a guy in a wheelchair who was standing near me, and a little girl in a cowboy hat. It was sweet

Russty Cat said:
SG I've been thinking about you so much! My damn phone book is packed in one of the stupid boxes and we can't find it or I would have called you to let you know what was going on. : hug: : hug: : hug: : heart: :love:

I found out yesterday that the motherboard on my puter is toast. It has gone to motherboard heaven. It will probably be two more weeks before I get it back. :( : mad: : sad: I've been having serious withdrawal missing all of you so much.

I asked around where you'd gone to! It was so weird hardly being on last weekend and then to come back and have you gone, I was all sad! :hug:

Russty Cat said:
Sarah :hug: I've been doing okay. Its been a long hard week, but I'm hanging in there. At least the good news is, is that our puters waranty is still good so they will be fixing it for free. And hopefully my hard drive will be fine with all my stuff on it. *crossing fingers*

Well thats great news! :hug: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too (heh heh U2... :giggle: )

Russty Cat said:

I hope all your stuff is fine! :hug: It should be because I know mine has crashed like 4 times within the past year and I haven't lost anything

(thank goodness...because after my iPod was stolen I got home and my computer was broken, so then I was so scared that I lost ALL my 2,200 songs!!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom