Pleban Girls Party - Oi Vay Mama!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry Drea - I don't even know what Red Dwarf is :scratch:

Sami - blurt out something bizarre and horribly innappropriate like 'I really like your peaches, wanna shake your tree' :wink:

now for my conundrum - I have a warm, fuzzy sleeping kitty in my lap who hates it that every time she gets comfy lately, I have had to move her :sad: so, for me to get up, I would move her/wake her up again and now I have to PEE! :scream:

Hey SG, if in your travels in your area from oh, yesterday till Wed or Thurs you notice a dark blue Toyota Camry with Ontario plates... It might just be my parents visiting Megan :lol: They're being her "guinea pigs" as Mom puts it (her patients as part of the dental hygenist program) ;)

This is sheer torture trying to pick the best CDs EVER. :crazy: Wow, there are SO many. I could probably do a top 50 or 100 EASILY. So what I'm doing is listing probably what I've listened to most frequently over the past few years, outside of U2.

Third Eye Blind (self-titled)
Million Dollar Hotel Soundtrack :shifty:
Green Day - Dookie
Nirvana - Nevermind
Queen - Day at the Races
Honourable mention:
Pretenders - The Singles (greatest hits collection)

U2 (the order varies like crazy, but the number one is always consistent):
Achtung Baby
JT
Pop
War
Zooropa
Honourable mentions: Unforgettable Fire, HTDAAB, R&H... and pretty much all the rest :shifty:

Fly left?? :scream: :sad:

Sad_Girl said:
Sorry Drea - I don't even know what Red Dwarf is :scratch:

You poor deprived woman! I was introduced to RD my first year of univ (God love engineers :giggle: ) It's a British sci-fi comedy that really needs to be seen to be explained :lol:

**PBS used to show it, back when they still showed Dr Who too :sigh: (TVO showed it here for a while too.)

Last edited:
Drea - what year is she? She must be getting close to done if she's working with patients

Sami - you have to wait until your subscription is added - might be a few minutes or a day :shrug:

Here's that Pogues/Kristy McCall song :heart:

http://s60.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=0V9TZYPM76V1D3CHDUXZ51S8JF

sami0201 said:
omg :mad:

I just sent Elmo that pic of me that I posted for you guys and he said "idk"

wtf does that mean?! :sad:

It means he's a stupid boy who doesn't realize you don't know how beautiful you are, and so might take offense to him being sarcastic :mad:

He's probably just doing that boy thing, where he doesn't want to outright say that he thinks your hot so he tries playful sarcasm which does NOT work on an IM (if it even works in real life, I don't know about that)

Hi Ruff, if you're still here. I found a treasure-trove of downloads for the taking, so I'm downloading to such an extent that I'm sure my computer's ready to expode from exhaustion. :yikes: It's running slow, so I'm just sticking my head in occasionally.

Sad_Girl said:
Drea - what year is she? She must be getting close to done if she's working with patients

She's in her last year - last year and this they had patients as part of their course (under supervision of course).

Sami, I have no idea what that means, and neither does Sarah. :huh:

Okay, Sarah wants to play the 5 cd game. She loves lists and categorizing things. It's part of her OCD, so please indulge her. :wink:

Oh, something else that was hard about my list...from the late 90's...97 or so, up till this past year, I bought very, very few cds...I have well over 3,000 songs downloaded, though.

I refused to pay $20+ when I only liked two or three songs on it...and so my exposure to full cds for that time is woefully inadequate.

Since cds have dropped to more reasonable prices, I've probably bought 40 or 50 in the past year. :crazy:

VP - does that mean you're not even going to download and listen to my song after I engaged in an epic battle with YSI? :angry: I overcame it's evil slowness for nothing?!?!? :scream:

:wink: :laugh:

Last edited:
*listens to JH version of IYWTVD and ponders how much she'd like to hear Tory Cassis cover it, with Murray Foster on bass and Dave Matheson on piano... despite the fact that she would be completely and utterly melted into :drool: or would be :combust:ed by the end of the song if that ever happened....*

Sad_Girl said:
VP - does that mean you're not even going to download and listen to my song after I engaged in an epic battle with YSI? :angry: I overcame it's evil slowness for nothing?!?!? :scream:

:wink: :laugh:
I got it, thanks. :) Will have to listen to it in a while though, it's running too slow to open a player right now. :crack:

I really think you'll appreciate a Christmas/love song that includes the line :"you scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy :censored:" :ohmy:

NOT MY WORDS, so I promise I mean no offense, I'm just referencing the songs cynical feeling

VintagePunk said:
Oh, something else that was hard about my list...from the late 90's...97 or so, up till this past year, I bought very, very few cds...I have well over 3,000 songs downloaded, though.

I refused to pay $20+ when I only liked two or three songs on it...and so my exposure to full cds for that time is woefully inadequate.

Since cds have dropped to more reasonable prices, I've probably bought 40 or 50 in the past year. :crazy:

iTunes and the iPod were made for you, VP. :wink:

The most iTunes charges for a single album is $9.99 US -- and you can either buy single songs or the whole album. It's made for iPods, but you can easily burn their downloaded songs to CD. :happy:

And you don't have to have an iPod to use iTunes (but it helps).

Sarah's list

Non U2
Radiohead - OK Computer
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
White Stripes - White Blood Cells
Beatles - Abbey Road
Hon Mentions - No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom, Green Day - American Idiot

U2
Pop/Zooropa
Unforgettable Fire
Achtung Baby