pleban girl party-reach for the grammy in the sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fly, your insight and maturity never fails to stun me. :love: :heart:

I think you have extremely valid points. If that's an area that interests you, you should definitely try to pursue it. And you're right, the areas that you're considering will be valuable in nursing, as well as many other areas. Have you looked at what it will mean in terms of additional time in school?

Even if you got the nursing degree, and then got the other part time, while you were working in nursing, and waiting to get into public health?

sami0201 said:
Sadly, the American dream of owning a home is being threatened by rising costs.

Tell me about it. :sigh: I'd love to own a condo or a little house someday, but I don't know if or how I will.

I was just talking about this with one of my coworkers tonight. He told me the people who are about to buy his house are going to do a 100 percent mortgage -- that means *no down payment.*

:faint: at thought of borrowing the entire purchase price of a house -- I even put down big down payments when I buy a car! And home prices here in the Midwest are much lower than just about anywhere else in the country, too (one of the biggest reasons why I still would like to live here).

I just had to share this because it's so cute: today is my friend's birthday and this morning her boyfriend came to her house really early and woke her up with flowers and pancakes from mcdonalds (she loves them) :cute: :lol: And he got her a really pretty bracelet :love:

I want a boyfriend. :angry: :lol:

VintagePunk said:

I :heart: :love: :drool: Gwen!! And that is why she CAN'T win tonight. :shame: Maybe then she'll learn her lesson and quit recording crap like Hollaback Girl, and get back to something good with No Doubt.

Gwen of the mid-late 90's....she was fucking amazing!!!

Joanne! :hug:

VP! :hug:

Careful there, some of us have Hollaback Girl and Rich Girl on our iPods. :shh:

:giggle:

VintagePunk said:
Fly, your insight and maturity never fails to stun me. :love: :heart:

I think you have extremely valid points. If that's an area that interests you, you should definitely try to pursue it. And you're right, the areas that you're considering will be valuable in nursing, as well as many other areas. Have you looked at what it will mean in terms of additional time in school?

Even if you got the nursing degree, and then got the other part time, while you were working in nursing, and waiting to get into public health?

Thanks VP! :eek: :)

I figure that I'll only be 21 when I graduate. There's still so much more time to pursue other interests while keeping with nursing. I've looked into the degree and there's a number of ways one could do it. An honour's specialization takes 4 years I believe, and then you can major/minor in it just like any other degree. I'm pretty sure you can take the classes part time so that would work with nursing...but getting the degree would take longer.

The problem is, I just don't know where I'd work while waiting to get into public health. :lol: Nothing has really grabbed my interest in terms of possible areas of employment yet. I don't think I'm cut out to be a med-surg nurse cleaning up nastiness constantly. :wink:

Thanks for your advice everyone! I'm thinking that's the way I'm going to go about it. :)

FlyYourKite said:

Thanks VP! :eek: :)

I figure that I'll only be 21 when I graduate. There's still so much more time to pursue other interests while keeping with nursing. I've looked into the degree and there's a number of ways one could do it. An honour's specialization takes 4 years I believe, and then you can major/minor in it just like any other degree. I'm pretty sure you can take the classes part time so that would work with nursing...but getting the degree would take longer.

The problem is, I just don't know where I'd work while waiting to get into public health. :lol: Nothing has really grabbed my interest in terms of possible areas of employment yet. I don't think I'm cut out to be a med-surg nurse cleaning up nastiness constantly. :wink:

Thanks for your advice everyone! I'm thinking that's the way I'm going to go about it. :)

At my school, you can minor in things, but you can also get certificates for studies within certain areas. Do you have anything like that? It would look good on a resume, as well as satisfying your desire to learn it.

As well as my BA, I've also taken 17 other courses that will give me certificates in General Social Work, and Child Maltreatment. I figure it can't hurt. I just happened to be looking at the requirements for these certificates one day, and realized that I was three quarters of the way there, so I took the rest of what I needed. I still need one more class to fulfill the requirements. I don't think I can take it till fall.

VintagePunk said:
Well, my Ipod would scream with horror if I tried to put those two songs on it. :wink:

Any screams of horror mine may be issuing are drowned out by The White Stripes. Man, their stuff is loud. :wink:

VintagePunk said:

At my school, you can minor in things, but you can also get certificates for studies within certain areas. Do you have anything like that? It would look good on a resume, as well as satisfying your desire to learn it.

As well as my BA, I've also taken 17 other courses that will give me certificates in General Social Work, and Child Maltreatment. I figure it can't hurt. I just happened to be looking at the requirements for these certificates one day, and realized that I was three quarters of the way there, so I took the rest of what I needed. I still need one more class to fulfill the requirements. I don't think I can take it till fall.

Wow that's a great idea! :) I'll definitely look into that here. And hey, if you've put in the time, why not make some use out of the other courses!

sami0201 said:
I can see B's cowboy hat when they show big shots of the crowd :giggle: :heart:

:love: when Bono gave Bruce a standing ovation ... :applaud:

So has the "mystery guest" (USA Today said it's a mystery guest but dammit, I saw the pictures in Pleba, so I know it's The Edge) dueted with Bruce yet? Hmmm?

I went into my other room to use my computer, so I dunno -- but I'm still taping the show ...

Edit: Hi, tre! :hug:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom