PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what forums? I've checked the few others that I know of and don't see anything. The only thing I've found is a broken link on twitter by someone claiming that Hollie is the one that's pregnant.

I've seen it on tumblr, twitter, and here, as well as at least one other place, a Brazilian site, I think.

And Hollie posted a pic where Blue is visibly pregnant. Further down her feed there is a pic of a bday cake and one of her comments is that she's celebrating early since Blue's going to "pop" right around her actual birthday. So it's Blue having the first U2 grandbaby, not Hollie. Hollie Evans @holliebe Instagram photos | Webstagram

I've seen it on tumblr, twitter, and here, as well as at least one other place, a Brazilian site, I think.

And Hollie posted a pic where Blue is visibly pregnant. Further down her feed there is a pic of a bday cake and one of her comments is that she's celebrating early since Blue's going to "pop" right around her actual birthday. So it's Blue having the first U2 grandbaby, not Hollie. Hollie Evans @holliebe Instagram photos | Webstagram

:up: thanks for the info…

I don't like tumblr so I don't have an account there anymore but I still don't see anything on twitter other than the post I mentioned. But obviously the instagram link is proof enough. :)

bit stalkery searching out all this personal info on band kids no? :ohmy:

If the people involved are the ones posting it on a public site (Instagram, Twitter, whatever), and the public sees it, that is hardly anything remotely stalkerish.

If the people involved are the ones posting it on a public site (Instagram, Twitter, whatever), and the public sees it, that is hardly anything remotely stalkerish.

i just find it weird that people would "follow" a band family member on those sites like that... creeps me out! :lol:

Hey, good for you. If the owners of the account didn't want people following them, they'd block them or set up privacy settings or whatever.

I didn't seek it out. I'm just passing it along. Congrats to Blue and her bump! :heart: I wish nothing but a safe pregnancy and birth for her and the entire Evans clan!

oh I didn't mean anything by my post other than thanks for sharing the info! I was just commenting that I didn't see anything on the other boards I go to. I guess if this was one of Bono's girls maybe it would be front page news by now. It's not surprising that Edge will be the first grandpa of the group since he was the first dad, and his first kid is now going to be 30.

https://twitter.com/BBCRadioWales/status/454712281017098240

‏@BBCRadioWales

#U2 pay tribute to Mike Peters at @thealarm @BBCNOW recording for #rwmd14. Hear it 25/4 @ 9pm

http://bbc.co/radiowales

-

The concert will be broadcast at 9pm on BBC Radio Wales Music Day, April 25th. The day is an annual showcase of what BBC Radio Wales does throughout the year to support Welsh music and will feature live performances from a number of artists throughout the day.

Bk92aQeIIAEaMfL.jpg

Not strictly U2 related, but it may interest some U2 fans:

TOMORROW - 13 April
13,00 - UK time

6 Music celebrates Ireland with Dave Fanning

In the first of 4 programs Dave takes us through his definitive Irish albums and explores why each album is important. It features albums from U2, Them, Stiff Little Fingers, Rory Gallagher, Phil Lynott, My Bloody Valentine, The Undertones and Villagers.

He starts by setting the scene in the 60s when the Irish rock scene began to emerge off the back of show bands, professional acts that performed the chart hits of the day in dancehalls and clubs. He describes how the scene developed with key players such as Van Morrison, Rory Gallagher and Phil Lynott. From these he goes on to talk about key albums that followed.

BBC Radio 6 Music - 6 Music Celebrates Ireland with Dave Fanning, Classic Albums

Again about the Firehouse 'gatherings'...

Definitely Maybe rock 'n' roll friends: Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher and U2's Bono head for the same London nightspot | Mail Online

It seems to be a popular venue for the A-list in London currently – and celebrity rockers Noel Gallagher, 46, and Bono, 53, are the latest in a string of stars to spend the night at The Firehouse.

The pair were spotted arriving, albeit separately, at the exclusive nightspot on Friday evening – with Bono bringing his wife Ali Hewson.

Later that evening With Or Without You singer Bono rocked up looking rather more dapper than Noel, in a tuxedo suit jacket and blue tinted glasses.

Holding his hand on his lapel, presumably to keep the jacket together, the star walked along with his fellow U2 bandmates Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr.

His wife, 53-year-old Ali, wore a similar looking jacket to her husband and matched it with a little black dress, black tights and over-the-knee black boots.

More pics of Bono, Larry and Adam there.

https://twitter.com/BBCRadioWales/status/454712281017098240

‏@BBCRadioWales

#U2 pay tribute to Mike Peters at @thealarm @BBCNOW recording for #rwmd14. Hear it 25/4 @ 9pm

http://bbc.co/radiowales

-

The concert will be broadcast at 9pm on BBC Radio Wales Music Day, April 25th. The day is an annual showcase of what BBC Radio Wales does throughout the year to support Welsh music and will feature live performances from a number of artists throughout the day.

Bk92aQeIIAEaMfL.jpg

So why are U2 paying tribute to Mike Peters? I posted this info on Finnish U2 fan page I help manage on FB and we're all wondering, why!?! What is this Peters person to them? :shrug:

They admire him and The Alarm (which was the band he was frontman of), and this event marked the 30th since an album of theirs, 'Declaration'. Or more simply, U2 and him are just friends.

However, this link reports an amateur video of what happened on this event - and U2 intervention was nothing major - more a heartfelt video message to Peters (and a little hint to a The Alarm song) than a musical tribute - while I initially thought they recorded a proper cover, like for 'This Is'.

Watch: U2 pay surprise tribute to The Alarm’s Mike Peters at concert last night - Wales Online

Pretty sure they toured together in the early days too. Or at least The Alarm opened for U2 at some shows, if not a whole tour, in the early 80's.

they start with a song that wasn't shown in this video I think. It will be on the BBC Wales broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom