PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of us are still here but just don't comment until we have something to say.

:up:

Hi Beli!!!! Haven't seen you around here in years!

I'm here multiple times a day but rarely comment unless something is going on. I don't come here to "chat" anymore like I did in the old days. I think Facebook took care of that for a lot of people.

Hullo ARW!

I went off and studied photomedia for three years. I'm finished now and have free time again. Now I'm doing a lap of my old haunts to see whats happening. Good to see the same subjects of delayed albums, unusual haircuts, and "Where the hell is Larry?" are still going. There is a reassurance in the familiar : )

I agree Facebook took the chatting part away from many forums, including this one. Mind you, I reckon Facebook is waning now too. Not sure what will come next...

The fifties club! Bono, 53, Sean Penn, 53 and Julian Lennon, 50, enjoy a boys' night out in Dublin | Mail Online

article-2576397-1C208E5A00000578-498_634x1012.jpg

It's nice to see many old time posters coming back the last few days, even though it's because of bad news.

Hi everybody. I'm new here. My name is jeevey and I'm... I'm a blue crack addict.

Some of us are still here but just don't comment until we have something to say.

PS I do like Adams current hairdo.

Your avi rules. Just saying.

Apart from that. This place always blooms when a tour is on.
I think this forum has a pretty normal pace right now, for None Touring Time :up:

Big Business Lessons From Three Rock 'n' Roll Legends - Yahoo Finance Canada

Never stop learning. When four high school kids started jamming together in Ireland, they quickly realized that they weren’t good enough to accurately play cover versions of hit songs. So instead of giving up their rock ‘n’ roll dream, they wrote their own songs that they could play. From day one, U2 was learning how to do things their own way. Even when they became famous, the learning never stopped. When an album didn’t sell well, the band analyzed what they could have done better. When their sound got off track in the late 1990s, Bono famously announced that the band was “reapplying for the job as the best band in the world”. The result was their album All That You Can’t Leave Behind, declared by Rolling Stone as a “masterpiece.” It went to number one in 22 countries and won three Grammy Awards. Over the course of nearly 40 years together, U2 became legendary for always learning, growing, refining and perfecting their craft.

On the outside, entrepreneurs often attempt to project an image of confidence and intelligence. Yet deep down inside, all of us struggle with the insecurities that come when we don’t have all of the answers that staff, investors and family rely on us to have. The pressure can be overwhelming. It is perfectly acceptable to not have all of the answers, and equally acceptable to admit it. You should strive to be like U2, always learning as you go, adapting to changing times and perpetually reapplying for your own job.

Legacy Recordings Announces CD/DVD Release of Mystery Girl - Deluxe, the 25th Anniversary Edition of Roy Orbison's Final Album Masterpiece, on May 20, 2014 | Reuters

Bonus songs
The Way Is Love (unreleased with new instruments and vocals)
She's A Mystery To Me (Studio demo with Bono)
(All I Can Do Is) Dream You (Studio Demo)
The Only One (Studio Demo)
The Comedians (Studio Demo)
In The Real World (Studio Demo)
California Blue (Studio Demo)
Windsurfer (Work-tape Demo)
You Are My Love (Work-tape Demo)

:hyper:

From a new interview to Ryan Tedder:

Ryan Tedder: OneRepublic frontman and go-to producer and songwriter for the stars - Music - Going Out - London Evening Standard

As for U2, he says he’s worked on their long-delayed 13th album as a late addition in a production capacity. He’s not writing with them. “Bono is without question the single-greatest modern-day lyricist out there,” he says. “I hear it on the new stuff too — just phenomenal. When I started OneRepublic, U2 were up there as a frame of reference. I use Bono’s lyrics as a how-to guide for being the lead singer in a band. I have the utmost respect for their fans and I would never in a million years try to capitulate to where modern radio is at.”

Why does it take Ryan Tedder to convince people what should have been a rational thought anyway?

People have been saying that for ages - just because they're working with big name "pop" producers doesn't mean they're going to put out music that sounds like today's top 40 stuff.

Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom