PLEBA Misc News, Stories and Articles #9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so tired of the undeserved negative opinions about NLOTH .... also coming form the band itself. It's an amazing album. If the new one is anywhere near NLOTH's quality, I'm more than fine with it. Just throw out the fillers like Crazy. Besides, I don't give a damn what other people are saying. I like a song and an album if I like them, not if someone else tells me to like them or not.

Crazy is a fabulous song :angry:

I like that Forbes article. It kind of summarizes how I feel about the Oscars performance. It may be imperfect, but U2 came across as a band of flesh and blood, four human beings on stage, four friends. I liked the way they came out and how they stayed close to one another. It has an interesting dynamic. I also liked the minimalistic approach to the song. It's not exactly what you'd expect from a band on their level and on Oscar night especially, you'd think they'd have much more of their typical, high-energy rock star performance for such a big audience, but I think they did a good job here. It was interesting seeing everything so stripped down, including the band members' appearances.

I I also liked the minimalistic approach to the song. It's not exactly what you'd expect from a band on their level and on Oscar night especially, you'd think they'd have much more of their typical, high-energy rock star performance for such a big audience, but I think they did a good job here. It was interesting seeing everything so stripped down, including the band members' appearances.

I wonder if they had come out in typical raise the stadium roof mode, if people would have rolled their eyes a bit and been like, "Well, there's U2, still up to that soaring U2-ey thing that they do."

:up: Thanks for this. Glad to be able to listen to the full speech!

Oooh! I'd love to see that. I watch Mario Batali on The Chew a lot during the week; as it's on here just before General Hospital.

Obviously U2 feel no need to rush!? They know we fans aren't going anywhere!!

Um no, I think they'll lose and have already lost a lot of fans. They are stupid to let the current attention that's been building up in recent months go to waste. Personally, i told myself NOT to care but I feel crapped on by the band, honestly. That's IF the story is even true. As far as we know, there's no official statement, no real quotes, no interviews. And there are other U2 sites already claiming they have inside information about a 2014 album, contrary to what Billboard is saying.

All these rumors are just so annoying. Why can't just anyone come out and confirm something, either that the album will be coming out in 2014 or not. Or if there will even be another U2 album. Because that I'm starting to doubt.

I could be wrong because I never actually read all the endless articles, rumors, etc etc... but have the band ever actually said they definitely had an album or a tour coming out at a definite time? Or has ALL of it been fan and media speculation from the beginning? :shrug: Everyone seems all pissed about this latest rumor, but maybe no one should have expected anything that was all based on speculation anyway? It seems like all U2 have done is NOT put out an album. (When everyone wants them to...)

Edge said he expected to have a busy summer in regards to a question asked about when the album was coming out. Or maybe it was fall ... regardless, if I recall the context correctly, it sure sounded like they would be doing promotion summer/fall.

And Dallas said a few things, and he seems like he'd be a somewhat reliable source. He's not going to bullshit just for the sake of saying something, I wouldn't think.

I do remember the Edge comment, and at the time I remember saying he probably just meant he'll be busy working on the album. :wink: And yeah I guess if Dallas said the album would be out, then it's weird. Still though it seems like it's all always just rumor and speculation.

BiKpJVzIcAERO2U.jpg

Me too. I certainly don't take it personally. I think they are struggling because I think with this album more than any of them, they are really feeling the pressure to top the charts and remain relevant. That's a huge deal to Bono especially, so I can imagine the pressure they must be feeling. If it takes more time to work out the kinks and find the magic then so be it. I don't want them to release an album just because I am dying for new music. I want them to release their best work to date, as I am sure they do too.:twocents:

Um no, I think they'll lose and have already lost a lot of fans. They are stupid to let the current attention that's been building up in recent months go to waste. Personally, i told myself NOT to care but I feel crapped on by the band, honestly. That's IF the story is even true. As far as we know, there's no official statement, no real quotes, no interviews. And there are other U2 sites already claiming they have inside information about a 2014 album, contrary to what Billboard is saying.

All these rumors are just so annoying. Why can't just anyone come out and confirm something, either that the album will be coming out in 2014 or not. Or if there will even be another U2 album. Because that I'm starting to doubt.

Anecdotally, it does seem like the fandom had shrunk just in the 18 months or so I've been here/lurking, the PLEBA community in especial. There have been quite a lot of faces that have drifted out and hardly new ones to replace them. Some new people wander in for a few days and then disappear, but the active fandom seems very small. I think most of the big talkers in ETYKIW are actually U2 skeptics who are mostly on this board to talk about other things and just can't stop talking while they are here. The number of posters who regard U2 as their primary fandom seem to be shrinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom