PLEBA Misc News and Articles #7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This weekend at the docks, Dublin, fans saw a truck removing all the stuff from the studio to an unknown destination.

i thought Bono WAS the next Jesus Christ Superstar!! :D

That's what I thought, too, when I read that :lol: I wonder why the article didn't even go into a JCS pun with Bono's name involved. Besides that, I don't think he'd so something like that.

This weekend at the docks, Dublin, fans saw a truck removing all the stuff from the studio to an unknown destination.

Old news, we've already discussed it here. HQ will be demolished.

That's what I thought, too, when I read that :lol: I wonder why the article didn't even go into a JCS pun with Bono's name involved. Besides that, I don't think he'd so something like that.

yeah maybe, i guess not... i would watch it though, even though i normally hate reality tv... i loved the Dorothy/Wizard of Oz one LOL

She asked him about new music, but it cuts off at the end! :scream:

Just found this interesting article:

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/ne...ord-Andrew-Lloyd-Webber-For-Talent-Show-Panel

I don't think Bono will go for it, if you ask me, doesn't sound like his type of gig! :wink:

Please, no! :no: That would be embarrassing if Bono stooped to being a celebrity judge on a reality show.

I think I read a Tweet that said, "There's always new U2 music...but no concrete date for a new album."

Hopefully Bono is well rested and everyone gets back to work. I wonder what they did the few days they were there in December? Exchange secret Santa's.

That pisses me off.

i was wondering, about all the media/pap attention this trip got, is it really impossible for them to go anywhere now incognito??

i mean, couldn't they travel under a different name, and couldn't Bono like wear a woolly hat and different clothes, no shades/completely different shades and fake beard/fake nose or something?? ok i'm exaggerating but surely there must be a way to be discreet?? or are the guys just too famous now? that would be pretty sad if that is indeed the case...

they should get a decoy! where's fake Bono when you need him?!

I wonder if it was the location. Other areas might see more celeb activity. I think the people of Peru were just really excited to have him there. I'm sure George Clooney would have a similar reaction. I think he handled it as graciously as he could. Looks like he kept to himself so the press followed him and not the family. He might have an easier time vacationing in Philadelphia where he might blend in more.

I was thinking - if you want to try to be a bit more incognito - maybe NOT wear a ONE hat. Sport a baseball hat with Red Sox or something on it. They will think you are another American tourist and pretty much ignore you.

Hiding and disguising isn't what Bono likes to do. I think the people and media in Peru were really thrilled to see him, they don't deal with such celebrity every day. We all know that Bono (and family) have gone to places all over the world without being followed, it's obviously the Peru media that was stirring things up. On the other hand, nothing happened and Bono and family seemed to be happy after all.

what 'the guys'? Only Bono has this curse of being too famous

I wonder if it was the location. Other areas might see more celeb activity. I think the people of Peru were just really excited to have him there. I'm sure George Clooney would have a similar reaction. I think he handled it as graciously as he could. Looks like he kept to himself so the press followed him and not the family. He might have an easier time vacationing in Philadelphia where he might blend in more.

I was thinking - if you want to try to be a bit more incognito - maybe NOT wear a ONE hat. Sport a baseball hat with Red Sox or something on it. They will think you are another American tourist and pretty much ignore you.

Good point. Considering that Edge spends quite a bit of time in Calif (LA?), he doesn't get pap-picced a lot. They're much more busy photographing the likes of Clooney, Pitt, Robert Downey Jr :)heart:) etc. It'll earn them more money when they sell it to the gossip mags

Wow, Edge looks like a model in that pic!

I've never seen him look rough, not even in those old 90s tv-clips where he's drunk does he look rough. He's face is always so smooth and calm looking. :love:

'I wanted to find the right answer to the question, 'How do we respond to homelessness?' Edge told U2.com, in Dublin to talk about his vision for The Break. 'I wanted to get an intelligent audience to think differently about homeless people, to realise that so many of the cliches are untrue...'

This reminded me of a snide comment about young homeless made by a friend of mine.
I was visiting him in UK and I was surprised at seeing really young healthy looking people beg for money in the streets. I never seen that in Norway, beggars here looks like they been through some really heavy shit.
He told me that I shouldn't give them any money because they were nothing but lazy spoiled bastards. :sad:
I hope The Break will work as The Edge is hoping for here.

I've never seen him look rough, not even in those old 90s tv-clips where he's drunk does he look rough. He's face is always so smooth and calm looking. :love:

'I wanted to find the right answer to the question, 'How do we respond to homelessness?' Edge told U2.com, in Dublin to talk about his vision for The Break. 'I wanted to get an intelligent audience to think differently about homeless people, to realise that so many of the cliches are untrue...'

This reminded me of a snide comment about young homeless made by a friend of mine.
I was visiting him in UK and I was surprised at seeing really young healthy looking people beg for money in the streets. I never seen that in Norway, beggars here looks like they been through some really heavy shit.
He told me that I shouldn't give them any money because they were nothing but lazy spoiled bastards. :sad:
I hope The Break will work as The Edge is hoping for here.

Sad thing is,in our country,homeless people are mostly drunks,addicts and dirty and stinking bums who raid peoples garbage bins for food and empty bottles to get money to by vodka and cheap au de cologne(sp?) and mostly spend their days buzzing in parkbenches and in busstations. Some of them are perfectly capable to have a job but they are imbibed with alcohol and if somebody gets hired for some job,they are gone after the first payday. Of course I'm not saying that there are no decent people amongst them just being thrown under the wheels of life,there are,but minority.

Back
Top Bottom