Pleba Girls Red Light party - it looks seedy but its fun Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:
Hi, GG!!! :hug: :wave: How are you?

Thanks for the recommendation on the book, Dazz. I'm still looking into knitting classes...there are some near my home, and I'm just into comparing prices and finding more information now.

BTW, there is a store on 29th and 7th Avenue, 2 blocks from MSG, that is really nice. They sell all sorts of crafts supplies...knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, beading, you name it! I think the name is Design Partners, but I'm not sure. If you tell them you saw their ad in AM New York (free paper), they might give you a 10% discount...they did for me. It's a great store and I'm definitely stopping in there when I go into the city.

I'd never say don't try classes....... I think the book would be a starter or an inbetween problem-solver/new ideas manual!

I just couldn't afford classes so I HAD to have reading/diagrams-drawings materiaL :)

AND THANKS...I'd wanted to ask you for the addy for that store youi'd mentioned before! :hug:

you can never have too many arts/crafts materials stores
.... :lol:

Last edited:
:hug: SG she is much better thanks. She fell asleep so I put her in bed. She was fine after snuggling for a bit with Mr. Cat. He gave her a bath, puts some pjs on her and brushed her hair. They are so darn cute together. :heart: :cute:

Hi Diane :hug: :heart: I'm doing okay. Just sort of pissed off at myself, cuz my damn leg is killing me and its my own fault. I think when she did the tattoo she bruised the muscles in my leg, cuz I can barely stand on it now without it hurting real bad. I swear sometimes I could beat myself. :wink:

dazzledbylight said:
:hyper: russty!! .....

didja see.......the simses tonight?! :D :D

and congrats on the knitting!!!

You must please show us a finished pic! :hug:

I just saw the sims! Congrats! :hyper: :giggle:

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a picture done of the finished back it should be dry by then. :)

I hope you feel better soon, Russty. :hug:

I've had aches and pains lately in my left foot, right knee and hands...sort of a carpal tunnel type thing. Ibuprofein is my friend! Thankfully, they tend to go away with time, especially the hands...I think I've just been typing too much, finishing a project. Now I'll get to rest them a bit more.

Russty Cat said:

I just saw the sims! Congrats! :hyper: :giggle:

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get a picture done of the finished back it should be dry by then. :)

:hyper: thanks! :giggle: !!!

YAY! cool!!!
I'm soooo intrigued to see a knitted piece go from it's Original Knitted state to a Felted piece!!!
I've never have seen the 'state-change', so i can get an idea/see the comparison if i want to try something like that in the future..........

Thanks Dazz :hug:

Diane :hug: Definetly rest up. But your probably right its probably from over doing it.

Other happy news I did get recently as well though is that Pearl Jam will be announcing a new album and tour soon! :hyper: :bow: We were told by one of the board moderators to make sure our memberships where up to date. ie. Get ready cuz fanclub tickets here we come! Woohoo!

dazzledbylight said:

:hyper: thanks! :giggle: !!!

YAY! cool!!!
I'm soooo intrigued to see a knitted piece go from it's Original Knitted state to a Felted piece!!!
I've never have seen the 'state-change', so i can get an idea/see the comparison if i want to try something like that in the future..........

It is fun that to see what happens. They definetly become more like fabric and thicker then before.

dazzledbylight said:
YAY for PJ & Fans!!! :hyper:

and very much goooooood luck on the person who saw the house......any vibes??

She said that she liked it alot. But she is married so she had to clear it with her husband. I told her that they can come by to look again anytime they'd like. I'm hoping they do come back. They seemed like a nice family.

one of these days I'mm gonna get a premium membership.....even if it's after the tour is over :scream::sad:

I want to suggest to Elvis..... a special sub forum for visual arts & Craftsb/c Zi'm sure there are others we don't conect with on other parts of INterland that also have these passions!!!

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:
diane......

def do some gentle massage of your hands and you can do it a sink of warm water.........

Thanks for the tip, Dazz.

I'm lucky that these hand hurts don't seem to last long. I have braces to sleep in, but they are in a box somewhere and I have no idea where. Some help they are! :giggle: But the pain has always gone away after a week or two. My sister, on the other hand, had to have the surgery on both wrists for carpal tunnel. She was out of work nearly three months, which she says was the best three months of her life!!! But she was in pain during much of the recuperation too...my mom had to come up from Florida and stay with her to help her around the house for a few weeks. She seems to be fine now, though.

dazzledbylight said:
one of these days I'mm gonna get a premium membership.....even if it's after the tour is over :scream::sad:

I want to suggest to Elvis..... a spe sub forum for visual arts & Craftsb/c Zi'm sure there are others we don't conect with on other parts of INterland that also have these passions!!!

That is a good idea!!! Especially now that knitting is so hot...I know so many people who want to learn how to knit, like me.

That is a great idea I'm sure there are a ton of people on the board who would love to chat about art stuff. :yes: :heart:

Diane, my SIL has carpal tunnel. It really sucks. I'm glad your sis is doing better. :heart:

Thanks, Russty. I'm glad my sister's feeling better too. She's considerably younger than me (by 15 years!) and I adore her.

While she was recuperating, her pug Zoey wouldn't leave her side...it's like she knew her mommy was hurting. That is the sweetest little dog in the world. I've been kind of partial to her brother, Pugsley, because he's got sort of a zany personality and he makes a fuss over me, but Zoey's so sweet. I want to visit them all really badly, but I don't have a full weekend off in March; I have to work either Saturday or Sunday at the library every weekend. :(

Awww Diane :hug: I know how you feel. I haven't seen my parents in over a year now. I think its getting closer to two. :( I hope you get to see them soon. {{cute dogs}}

snapyoungcuteness.jpg

Come out, come out where ever you are. :giggle: :drool:

Diane L said:

Especially now that knitting is so hot...I know so many people who want to learn how to knit, like me.

the Yarn & Company store up between ? 81st & 82nd on Broadway [manhattan] the young women who started it about ? 4 yrs ago -- around the time knitting was 'heating up'........ have put out ? at least 2 books already!

they got such gorgeous stuff!!! :love:

Back
Top Bottom