Pleba Girls Party - To B Or Not To B, There Is No Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hahaha, nice work :up:

I'll take that as the Shakespeare reference and no thinly veiled Bono thing :yikes::wink:

Any suggestions on a cheap place to go in mid March where the water will be warm enough for swimming? I’m planning a trip with a friend of mine

pattip2000 said:
Any suggestions on a cheap place to go in mid March where the water will be warm enough for swimming? I’m planning a trip with a friend of mine

You have more chances of it being warm in S. FL then you do in the Orlando area I think :hmm:

Cheap though, I don't know :scratch:

*I know the question wasn't for me, but I live in FL too :wink:

pattip2000 said:

hmmm...

maybe a place like Fort Myers or Fort Walton, all good beach towns and I think have reasonable prices

but I haven't been there since the hurricanes

and if you want to go into the ocean, go towards the Gulf side, the water is warmer and there are less sharks.

But if you want to go to a resort or something and party, I'd suggest Little Cuba/Miami

Okay, sami, I was reading back in the old thread trying to find sims updates and found this:

sami0201 said:

:lmao: He is just so cute! How can you not love him? :lol: I mean, who loses their car? :lmao: :wink:

I know, it's SO Bono! I don't even doubt for a minute that they were exaggerating the story :laugh: :drunk:

:wink:

<--- um, I lost my car in Chicago after my second U2 show. :wink:

hastens to add: and I was sober at the time, thank you.

I can laugh about it now ... :laugh:

Last edited:
Is Ft Myers really a vacation place though? :scratch:

If you're going to the west coast I'd say Naples or Sanibel or Marco Island or something :hmm:

You can probably find something cheap in Miami too :yes:

jobob said:
Okay, sami, I was reading back in the old thread trying to find sims updates and found this:

<--- um, I lost my car in Chicago after my second U2 show. :wink:

I can laugh about it now ... :laugh:

:lol: But you just lost it in the parking lot, right?! It's different! :wink:

You can't go wrong with Sanibel or Marco Island like sami said

but yeah, stay out of Orlando unless you want to stay at a Disney/Universal resort

Hmm, sharks are bad. I don’t really want to party and would like to avoid the spring break crowds for the most part. I would love to go to Miami at some point in my life, Sami do you really think Miami could be cheap?

LemonMacPhisto said:

but yeah, stay out of Orlando unless you want to stay at a Disney/Universal resort

:yes:

If you do want to do Disney or Universal I'm sure you can find a cheap deal there too :yes: Disney would probably be cheaper though, since Universal only has 2 hotels (I think...Hard Rock and Portofino Bay :drool: ) and I think the hotels would be more than a Disney one

Disney is better anyway :wink:

sami0201 said:

:lol: But you just lost it in the parking lot, right?! It's different! :wink:

Yes, those :censored: United Center parking lots which all looked the same in the dark! And which aren't marked with any signs to help you remember which one your car's in!

pattip2000 said:
Hmm, sharks are bad. I don’t really want to party and would like to avoid the spring break crowds for the most part. I would love to go to Miami at some point in my life, Sami do you really think Miami could be cheap?

Oh, if it's spring break time I'd probably steer clear of Miami :wink: You can probably find something reasonable there though

LemonMacPhisto said:

I’ve done Disney like a billion times in my life. We used to go every summer, it go so bad that one year my brother said “Dad not Disney World (land? I never remember which is where)”

bono_gal said:
Great title! :laugh:

I dont know if you seen my post for you drea, but, are you a fan of Richard II?

I have to read it for english lit this term :yikes:

I like most of the history plays :wink: Let me know if you need a hand and I'll get out my Riverside Edition Shakespeare and help :)

Universal actually has Portofino (amazing)
Hard Rock :drool:
and Royal Pacifica

if you're into partying maybe a bit, and movies, go to Universal

if you prefer Disney, then stay near Lake Buena Vista and go to Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island and shtuff and a waterpark

DO NOT GO TO WET N' WILD FOR SWIMMING, IT IS DISGUSTING

Here's a question for you Floridians: What's it like to live in Florida? I'm thinking of applying for a job in the Miami area, and I'm wondering what it might be like to actually live there -- especially since I live in southern Michigan and haven't been to Florida since I was three years old.

(I realize you could probably fill a book or a screen with this, but ... )

LemonMacPhisto said:
Universal actually has Portofino (amazing)
Hard Rock :drool:
and Royal Pacifica

if you're into partying maybe a bit, and movies, go to Universal

if you prefer Disney, then stay near Lake Buena Vista and go to Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island and shtuff and a waterpark

DO NOT GO TO WET N' WILD FOR SWIMMING, IT IS DISGUSTING

Is Royal Pacifica new? I've never heard of it :hmm:

I've stayed at Portofino a few times :drool: Next time it'll be Hard Rock :wink:

:lmao: I've never been to Wet n' Wild, but that slide you can see from the highway looks insane :yikes:

jobob said:
Here's a question for you Floridians: What's it like to live in Florida? I'm thinking of applying for a job in the Miami area, and I'm wondering what it might be like to actually live there -- especially since I live in southern Michigan and haven't been to Florida since I was three years old.

Be ready for any weather changes, it could be hot in the afternoon, and cold at night. Or completely crazy and stuff, you can never put away your "Winter Clothes" or "Summer Clothes" like in the north.

There are tons of bad drivers because of the large tourism base, old people, and plain horrible teenage drivers. Definitely defensive driving in Orlando and stuff. Offensive driving in Miami

If you're going to Miami (my mammy), then make sure you are fluent in Spanish.

jobob said:

:lol: I will not put my personal views into the answer :wink:

Be careful if you want to move to Miami, and do your research first because parts of it are super nice and super expensive, and other parts are disgusting slums (like by the Arena where U2 played :yikes: ) They are renovating the whole downtown area though, so you may be able to get a good deal on a place :yes:

A lot of people think that it's cheaper to live here for some reason, but my parents say it isn't :lol: It might just be because I live in probably the most snotty stuffy part of FL :madspit:

If you like warm weather and stuff, it'll be great for you :up: But hurricane/rainy season sucks. And summers are supposedly horribly hot, but I've never been here for the summer so I don't know :shrug: But it can be beautiful and sunny one minute, and pouring rain the next. Or it can be like it was the other day- the other day it was like 40 degrees and today it was in the 80's!

:lol: I don't know what you want to know :wink:

Back
Top Bottom