PLEBA girls party-mess with us and get beaten with a flip flop!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russty Cat said:
0404ab69.jpg

Look at B's snazzy new jacket! Very nice!!! And Edge has short sleeves on! Wooohoo!

Okay my first real thought was "Damn I'm really loving the yellow guitar! maybe my other tattoo needs a friend. :giggle:

Mmm. Is that.. a hint of Edge HD I see there?

MBS said:

See...
I told myself, when I came to uni that grades don't matter, it's not so importnat...ya know..:blahblah:....cause grades were always very important to me in HS.
.......I thought all I wanted was to keep my scholarship.
By the end of the year, I realized I was lying to myself.
I still care :sigh:

I did keep my scholarship....despite the blue crack.

So I keep hope for oncoming years. :D

:lol:

:applaud: That's awesome Bri!

I am a crazy perfectionist when it comes to school and marks. But I know it's all going to get much more challenging from here on...but we can do it! :D

Back! :wave:

My mother is doing OK, just resting. The pain is lessening. But she may have broken her toe. :sigh: I'll be in and out all night....

SG-I think I read that he brought Naomi up one night. So it could be her. :|

daygloeyes2 said:
Back! :wave:

My mother is doing OK, just resting. The pain is lessening. But she may have broken her toe. :sigh: I'll be in and out all night....

SG-I think I read that he brought Naomi up one night. So it could be her. :|

:hug: I'm glad she's pretty much ok. Ow on the toe though :no: :yikes: tape it to another toe, that'll splint it and help it heal quicker and not hurt quite so much

And I was afraid that might be her ... :mad: I jsut loathe that woman!

Sad_Girl said:

:hug: I'm glad she's pretty much ok. Ow on the toe though :no: :yikes: tape it to another toe, that'll splint it and help it heal quicker and not hurt quite so much

And I was afraid that might be her ... :mad: I jsut loathe that woman!

Good idea. Thanks. :hug:

What was Adam thinking when he was with her? :tsk: :down:

BTW, here's Elevation from Vertigo 2. Walk This Way is snippeted at the beginning. Enjoy! ::)

http://s37.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=1PIIPH6I7VDHO39HTA53VZH5MR

HI SG! :hug:

I wish you could see her face better in that pic. But if its labeled Naomi it could be her. :( She isn't worthy though. :madspit:

MBS said:

See...
I told myself, when I came to uni that grades don't matter, it's not so importnat...ya know..:blahblah:....cause grades were always very important to me in HS.
.......I thought all I wanted was to keep my scholarship.
By the end of the year, I realized I was lying to myself.
I still care :sigh:

I did keep my scholarship....despite the blue crack.

So I keep hope for oncoming years. :D

:lol:

When I was an undergrad, I realized too late that Grades Do Matter. To the school, to employers, to your parents, to grad school. My distractions were depression and working at the school paper. If the Internet had been around in the early 80's, I would have been in major but major trouble.

I finished my bachelors with barely a B average. Thanks to my department's liberal we-want-you admission attitude, I got into grad school with it.

In library school, I was more focused, and my depression was mostly under control. Most of the time, I worked my butt off. I have a 3.46 average now.

Adam might have been thinking about how they were both into drugs and alcohol at the time. (I don't know about her, but Ad's cleaned up so) if he speant most of his time doing drugs and getting drunka nd she did too, it's possible that he thought he loved her because of that common ground. Or he might have been smitten. *pets sweet, little Adam*

Jsut my 2 cents. (And we all know what that's worth! :lol:)

My 1st 2 years of high school were so-so. Then in my junior year, which is supposed to be the worst year of high school, I did great for the 1st 3 quarters. I had above a 3.0 GPA and I even made honor roll 2nd quarter(you need a 3.25 to make honor roll at my school :madspit: ). But 4th quarter, due to a combo of blue crack and my depression coming back, my grades slipped drastically. :sigh:

Fly, I don't know about that. :lol: But thanks. :hug:

Last edited:
FlyYourKite said:

:applaud: That's awesome Bri!

I am a crazy perfectionist when it comes to school and marks. But I know it's all going to get much more challenging from here on...but we can do it! :D

Thank you :hug:

Oh god..I'm such a perfectionist. :tsk: And we used to have fun teasing competion amongts my friends...
But first year uni, it's a lot of change, and I figure, considering that, I still did well, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't mind doing better.

You and me girl! We'll kick some grade ass!
:lol: :hug:

And sorry if I'm not responding fast......I'm...writing.........:shifty:

Aww Dg :hug:
Borken toe? :yikes: I hope she feels better. :hug:

daygloeyes2 said:
My 1st 2 years of high school were so-so. Then in my junior year, which is supposed to be the worst year of high school, I did great for the 1st 3 quarters. I had above a 3.0 GPA and I even made honor roll 2nd quarter(you need a 3.25 to make honor roll at my school :madspit: ). But 4th quarter, due to a combo of blue crack and my depression coming back, my grades slipped drastically. :sigh:

:hug: DG. If you need to pull your grades up to get intoa 4 year school (because my high school grades were terrible because of some things in my personal life. In fact, I almost dropped out.) I suggest going ot a junior or community college. I went and got a bunch a C's and a couple random B's, then happened to get Psych, History and Philosophyand got As in all three so had a good GPA when I transfered. It's gone back down though. not cut out for an all woman's college I think. My ehart wasn't in classical archaeology. My heart's in Egypt. (and Adam's trousers, and Edge's trousers... and Edge's guitar case.)

jobob said:

When I was an undergrad, I realized too late that Grades Do Matter. To the school, to employers, to your parents, to grad school. My distractions were depression and working at the school paper. If the Internet had been around in the early 80's, I would have been in major but major trouble.

I finished my bachelors with barely a B average. Thanks to my department's liberal we-want-you admission attitude, I got into grad school with it.

In library school, I was more focused, and my depression was mostly under control. Most of the time, I worked my butt off. I have a 3.46 average now.

:hug: :hug:
Sounds like you had to get trough a lot. But good for you! You should be proud of your accomplishments.
And 3.46 ain't bad at all! :applaud:

Sad_Girl said:
He was really in love, any way. That much was obvious in how badly he took it when it ended :sad: I just wanted to hold him and make it all better :sad: :shifty: :evil:

You dirty, dirty girl! :giggle:

Oddly enough for some reason he did really seem to love her. :shrug: Its one of the great mysteries in life, you can never really understand why we love who we do.

But codependency can play a big role in it sometimes. When I was drinking heavily it was always nice to have someone who was willing to drink themselves into oblivion with me.

I'm glad Adam has been able to let that stuff go in his life. :hug:

CeeCee said:

:hug: DG. If you need to pull your grades up to get intoa 4 year school (because my high school grades were terrible because of some things in my personal life. In fact, I almost dropped out.) I suggest going ot a junior or community college. I went and got a bunch a C's and a couple random B's, then happened to get Psych, History and Philosophyand got As in all three so had a good GPA when I transfered. It's gone back down though. not cut out for an all woman's college I think. My ehart wasn't in classical archaeology. My heart's in Egypt. (and Adam's trousers, and Edge's trousers... and Edge's guitar case.)

Is that your heart or your hand in the trousers? :wink:

I've been thinking about going to a state school or something for a year or two and then transferring. Thanks for the advice. :hug:

Hi Sami! :wave: :hug:

Bri, are you writing a cap? :shifty: :hyper:

Hi Sami :hug: :wave:

Joanne Your doing great in school! It will be so rewarding when your all done. I give all of you a ton of credit. I could never have doen all that to get a degree.

Both my parents have Masters Degrees and always hoped that I would achieve that as well. They were very disappointed when I told them I wasn't even hanging around long enough to get an AA. :shrug: School just isn't for everyone.

CeeCee said:
Adam might have been thinking about how they were both into drugs and alcohol at the time. (I don't know about her, but Ad's cleaned up so) if he speant most of his time doing drugs and getting drunka nd she did too, it's possible that he thought he loved her because of that common ground. Or he might have been smitten. *pets sweet, little Adam*

Jsut my 2 cents. (And we all know what that's worth! :lol:)

I was reading through Bono in Conversation before coming here tonight :cough:fanfic research:cough: Happened upon this:

Bono, when asked about Adam not being able to play Zoo TV Sydney and the Adam-Naomi Campbell relationship: "... I introduced Adam to Naomi. And he'd always had a thing for her. What people have to understand about somebody like that is that there is a sort of prowess and big brain in that cat suit, and she is a wildcat -- I think she's a puma. But you know, they were in so many ways really great for each other. I think it would not be fair to characterize Naomi as being in any way responsible for Adam's demise and final fall at Sydney."

whatever you say, B. You were there, I wasn't. :shrug: But I'd have to agree with the final sentence of that statement. Adam's the one who got wasted and didn't go on that night. He's the one who's ultimately responsible for his own drug problem.

Last edited:
sami0201 said:
hi guys :wave:

you are all so lucky you are in/out of college already...i'm still in high school :sigh:

Same here sweetie. :hug: I'll be a senior this fall. :yikes:

Russty Cat said:

I'm glad Adam has been able to let that stuff go in his life. :hug:

I admire Adam very much for being able to put his demons behind him. It's hard for anyone to get over alcohol and drug addiction, but when your in Adam's position and it's being thrown in your face all of the time it can be even harder. I've seen my own father struggle with alcoholism, which is probably why I admire Adam so much for being able to overcome it.

Hi Weldy! :hug:

jobob said:

I was reading through Bono in Conversation before coming here tonight :cough:fanfic research:cough: Happened upon this:

Bono, when asked about Adam not being able to play Zoo TV Sydney and the Adam-Naomi Campbell relationship: "... I introduced Adam to Naomi. And he'd always had a thing for her. What people have to understand about somebody like that is that there is a sort of prowess and big brain in that cat suit, and she is a wildcat -- I think she's a puma. But you know, they were in so many ways really great for each other. I think it would not be fair to characterize Naomi as being in any way responsible for Adam's demise and final fall at Sydney."

whatever you say, B. You were there, I wasn't. :shrug: But I'd have to agree with the final sentence of that statement. Adam's the one who got wasted and didn't go on that night. He's the one who's ultimately responsible for his own drug problem.

I agree too, that in the end you are the only one who can make choices for you. I've been to places in my life like that and you really have no one, but yourself to blame.

daygloeyes2 said:

Is that your heart or your hand in the trousers? :wink:

I've been thinking about going to a state school or something for a year or two and then transferring. Thanks for the advice. :hug:

Hi Sami! :wave: :hug:

Bri, are you writing a cap? :shifty: :hyper:

:lol: Both? Really, I :heart: Adam and Edge. I came for hte Adam and stayed for Edge. (And Bono. And Larry.)

You're welcome DG. :hug: I hated high school and waited years before going to college. Good luck. And you know we're all here for ya, through hoem sickness ect. *nods*

Back
Top Bottom