Pickle Street, West Virgina Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably never buy another guitar with humbuckers, personally, unless I'm gonna have them coil-tapped.

I tend to prefer single coil myself. It's always possible to change the pickups anyway. One of the great things about buying cheap guitars is that you can modify the hell out of them without being afraid of screwing something up.

I tend to prefer single coil myself. It's always possible to change the pickups anyway. One of the great things about buying cheap guitars is that you can modify the hell out of them without being afraid of screwing something up.

My next project is buying a cheap Les Paul and throwing a Floyd Rose, third pickup, piezo pickup et al in it.

True! Through my Blues Jr, though, and through a friend of mine's ac30, I liked the single-coil WAY better than humbuckers simply because humbuckers muddied the tone up. It's good if you're going for a hi-gain situation, but not so much for a cleaner tone.

ETA: my telecaster has humbuckers and I'm gonna do a coil-tap to it soon and put some new pickups in. It'll be nice because the way my band's keyboardist/guitar tech explains it, I'll be able to switch from single-coil to humbucker with an added pull-pot.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

MAJOR U2 news is going to be broadcast on RTE 2fm within the hour!!!!! :hyper:

The Edge IS on fire!!!! :hyper:

:giggle:

But yeah, I'm tuned in and waiting to hear what it it..... :hyper:

So, how are all my virgina's doing??? :drool:

everybody's misused him
ripped him up and abused him
another junkie plan
pushin' dope for the man
a Freddie's on the corner now
if you want to be a junkie, why
remember freddie's LEAKed

?!

He's trying to get across the border to South Virgina. :tsk:

He also wishes I'd use my north virgina more....:ohmy:

:uhoh:

:silent:

He's trying to get across the border to South Virgina. :tsk:

He also wishes I'd use my north virgina more....:ohmy:

:uhoh:

:silent:

Well, I guess we're clearly not talking about states anymore.

Although, who knows, maybe there are some militant Virginians who prefer to call Pennsylvania North Virginia.

everybody's misused him
ripped him up and abused him
another junkie plan
pushin' dope for the man
a Freddie's on the corner now
if you want to be a junkie, why
remember freddie's LEAKed

?!

You finally noticed this?

I was about to change it to Let's LEAK It On.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom