PGP: What time is it in the world? Mandatory spanking time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I'd done more hanging out with people on the Vertigo shows I saw.

I wasn't as involved with the site and did make a few friends I hung with in Seattle and Vancouver, which was fun, but for this tour, it's been as much about meeting/hanging out with people from here as it is about seeing my favorite band. :)

I don't thnk I even starte posting on here until after Vertigo and yes, ths tour has been about meeting people I've been talking to for years now.

I LOVED seeing you and wild and thora (and a bajillion others) in vegas. and the GA line in Pasadena was like one all day party for me (once the F up was dealt with :rolleyes: )

I went to my first show with my husband. I NEEDED to see another show so I went to Salt Lake City by myself. Flew in the night before, got a hotel room, lined up, made friends with two girls in line, we got great rail spots together, enjoyed the show, went back to the hotel happy and flew home the next day.

Then for this tour I started saving $100 a month for a year or more (as soon as I heard the new album was coming out). That and making friends here to travel/stay/hang with made the 4 shows easy and A TOTAL BLAST!!!!!

:applaud::bow:

I met up with two non-internet friends for Vancouver - we were planning on meeting up inside, but ended up getting to the line at the same time, which was neat.

But yeah, I mostly just drove up there, took a nap, went to the concert, and drove home the next morning!

:drool:

I will assume you've seen the goofy Xmen trailer spoof that took advantage of this fact. (that he sings and dances, not that he is hot)

no! Link plz. I have seen him in Oklahoma and heard the soundtrack of The Boy from Oz :drool:

Perv away, m'dear! I think we can all appreciate a fine ass! :wink:

Then it's safe to say I :drool:ed a little when I saw him bend over at the water fountain yesterday. God, I'm such a perv!

I LOVED seeing you and wild and thora (and a bajillion others) in vegas.

Vegas was SO FUN. I wish I hadn't crashed so hard so early. :lol:

Chicago was really great as well, but Vegas took the cake for the sheer number of Interferencers I "knew" and was thrilled to meet face to face.

Chicago was really great as well, but Vegas took the cake for the sheer number of Interferencers I "knew" and was thrilled to meet face to face.

I know!!! That night at 9 Fine was soooooooo fun. And I was glad X 10000 that I had seats for that show, when my roomies had to get up at 6am the next morning. I texted them from the hotel pool at 10am the next morning, while they were baking in the GA line. (although seats for one show was plenty, GA for me kthx)

I was horribly hungover the next day (and for a long time I refused to acknowledge it was a hangover; I figure if you go to bed sober, you're sick from something else!), but thankfully had recovered in time for the show.

GA was fun at the back of the field. I loved how small that stadium was!

I met up with two non-internet friends for Vancouver - we were planning on meeting up inside, but ended up getting to the line at the same time, which was neat.

But yeah, I mostly just drove up there, took a nap, went to the concert, and drove home the next morning!

My car was fucked up at the time, so I couldn't have gone to any fan events, even if there were any. I don't know if anything ended up getting arranged, but I wasn't into it for my city anyway. :lol:

Then it's safe to say I :drool:ed a little when I saw him bend over at the water fountain yesterday. God, I'm such a perv!

Mmm!! :drool: Staring at hot guys' asses is niiiice. :lol:

I crashed pretty early too. :lol: :lame: But it was crazy awesome fun.

THIS. It was so cool to finally meet Wild and zu and others, and hang out with peeps I already had met, like you. :D

I was horribly hungover the next day (and for a long time I refused to acknowledge it was a hangover; I figure if you go to bed sober, you're sick from something else!), but thankfully had recovered in time for the show.

GA was fun at the back of the field. I loved how small that stadium was!

I had the ultimate hangover cure that day - gatorade from the hotel vending machine and taco bell from the gas station down the street :lmao:

Yeah, the only reason I did seats for that was b/c it was so small (I kinda wish I'd done GA though - althoug seeing th elcaw from far was cool). AND I got to sit with BonoMot :love:

I've had very few actual hangovers in my life, so I'm woefully unprepared for dealing with them, even in my mid-30s! :lol:

Charlottesville? So what shows are near you this leg?

The Charlottesville one was the closest. Other than that, the next nearest shows are in PA. which is made worse by the fact that I'm in the process of relocating to Durham for work. I'm hoping to get GA's for the Philly drop. *crosses fingers* And possibly for Toronoto because I know way too many PLEBAns who'll be there along with my Near Clone. I feel it would be unfair of me to miss that show.

We saw him at the con thing that we went to on the weekend. It was super disorganized this year, but we hit it really lucky and had no problems. Last year we saw Nimoy, and this year we completed the pair with Shatner. And then we got a picture with him....where we both may be blinking.:lol: Super duper nerdy, but still kinda awesome.
There was a bunch of other "random" people there too...Adam West, Burt Ward, Julie Newmar, um, this dude from McHale's Navy....Micheal Dorn...:hmm
Anyway, yeah. Giant geekfest. :cute But it was a lot of fun, and we partied a lil in Toronto too. Including playing Clue (yes, the board game) in a bar. Heh.

And funny you mention geology...one of the kids we were hanging out with Saturday night, a friend of Boi, is a geologist! Hilarious dude, with many bad geology jokes.
Who also apparently ran into Adam West in the john once. :lol

And yes, Boi flys out sunday morning...won't be back til christmas. :sad

I'm so glad things are shaping up!!! You apartment sounds awesome, I can't wait to see pics. I remember a while back it being mentioned that you managed to secure internets, which is must be so crazy exciting for you. No more wandering the streets late at night. Things have been really going your way lately, which is great. I'm sooo glad :hug:

Yeah, the weather has been crazy hasn't it? I'm so worried that Boi is headed back straight into hurricane season. :uhoh I really want to buy him waterwings or something.
But even up here things have been wacky, up and down all the time.

so what Con was it?
hey I speak :nerd: and geek! : D

Have you ever had any interest or been to a Wolrd Con? :ohmy::drool::heart:

SOunds like you both had a great time! YAY!!!

hooo boy HurricaneLand :yikes: Puit white light around him ( metaphyscial strategy). I'll try to remember to, too!
sorry he's so far away! : (
Hvae you tried web cameras yet or is that more of a torture than a pleasure?

crazy excited is RIght!!!:hyper::lol::drool::heart:

i' ve been up like till 4AM 5 AM 6AM alotof the time in the past 3 week.

now i have to start cutting back and keep the latest nights for the U2 concerts only, and posting show comments and pic drooling afterwards!

there were 2 night i never even went to sleep so ihave been skating on 5 -6 hrs alot lately. I have reboost my sleeping again!

i'm not sure if i'm having a return eye problem or just something part of thiscondition that i have to put up with /it maight improve again. SO i'm in the process of commnicating wmy doctor's office.

when I get more parts of my apt togehter then i'll take pics! : D

it's just taken longer than i expected it to.

and the net.. i'm using 2 others open signals but by end of year /early next i hope i can get a set uop that i can afford to pay for. SO there qre times I lose the signals, nand ahve to keep trying or give up for an hour a few depends....

nd in between hanging out in Interland I started to look up all manner of ther cool stuff! <3 <3

Yeah, there's no way I would have been able to do GA the day after that party. :lol: I wasn't crazy hungover, but I definitely wasn't feeling all that hot. It didn't help that I barely ate at all the next day, and just kept on with the drinking before and after the concert (and for the rest of that weekend too!). :laugh: Ahh, Vegas. :love:

The Charlottesville one was the closest. Other than that, the next nearest shows are in PA. which is made worse by the fact that I'm in the process of relocating to Durham for work. I'm hoping to get GA's for the Philly drop. *crosses fingers* And possibly for Toronoto because I know way too many PLEBAns who'll be there along with my Near Clone. I feel it would be unfair of me to miss that show.

Well, if you're doing Toronto , you might as well to Montreal as well. Just ask the PLEBAns here.

I've had very few actual hangovers in my life, so I'm woefully unprepared for dealing with them, even in my mid-30s! :lol:

I've had more hangovers than I care to admit. In college, the cure was Taco Bell (3 tacos and a Dr.Pepper). Now it's Gatorade and a fried egg sandwich.

Yeah, there's no way I would have been able to do GA the day after that party. :lol: I wasn't crazy hungover, but I definitely wasn't feeling all that hot. It didn't help that I barely ate at all the next day, and just kept on with the drinking before and after the concert, and for the rest of that weekend. :laugh: Ahh, Vegas. :love:

:lol: I wasn't as hung over as I could have been. Thank god when I told Ethan "I can't decide if I should ahve another Jameson or water" he said "WATER" :bow: But yeah, the sleep and gatorade and greasefood helped. I can't believe you drank more after that. There's no way I could have continued the next day. You're a trooper.

Well, if you're doing Toronto , you might as well to Montreal as well. Just ask the PLEBAns here.

But how close together are they? Since I was planning on using paid vacation time to see it so I wouldn't have to worry overmuchabout my paycheck. But then again, I have to have TICKETS first. Which is my big issue. If I can get tickets, I can find a way there, if it means bloody well hitch hiking. See? I've got a sign already. It says 'Will Sing U2 Songs for Ride'.

I think beegee was annoyed that Sicy and I were both exhausted after the show, by the time we got back to the hotel. She wanted to go out, but we were all "BED. NOW."

I wish I were more of a night owl - I'd love to do late night Vegas one of these years.

I'm kind of pondering Montreal as well... My obvious first choice is Miami since I could drive, but the idea of sitting outside waiting for GA alllllllll day in Miami in JUNE is not that appealing. I have a pretty good theory in the works that involves swinging by Target on the way and picking up a kiddie pool, but....

But how close together are they? Since I was planning on using paid vacation time to see it so I wouldn't have to worry overmuchabout my paycheck. But then again, I have to have TICKETS first. Which is my big issue. If I can get tickets, I can find a way there, if it means bloody well hitch hiking. See? I've got a sign already. It says 'Will Sing U2 Songs for Ride'.

I've found that between Interference and stubhub, tickets are rarely the problem. Keep looking, get the word out htat you're looking and you'll find what you need.

I think beegee was annoyed that Sicy and I were both exhausted after the show, by the time we got back to the hotel. She wanted to go out, but we were all "BED. NOW."

I wish I were more of a night owl - I'd love to do late night Vegas one of these years.

I still don't see the appeal of the party all night vegas thing. i think I was kinda grossed out by the one "all night out" I had in Vegas (skanky girls and pervy guys and bad dance music). :shrug:

It's pumpkin time, girls. gotta go :wave:

I still don't see the appeal of the party all night vegas thing. i think I was kinda grossed out by the one "all night out" I had in Vegas (skanky girls and pervy guys and bad dance music). :shrug:

I could only do that if I had a friend there with me who I could just be all goofy and "I don't give a shit" and be my dorky self amongst all the skeeves. :lol:

:lol: I wasn't as hung over as I could have been. Thank god when I told Ethan "I can't decide if I should ahve another Jameson or water" he said "WATER" :bow: But yeah, the sleep and gatorade and greasefood helped. I can't believe you drank more after that. There's no way I could have continued the next day. You're a trooper.

It was a little ridiculous. :lol: I spent some time out by the pool, and ended up chugging a few fruity drinks. It hit me just as we were leaving for the concert, and I felt sooo gross. I grabbed a bottle of water and a bag of chips or something, and I was okay by the time the show started.

I guess I just figured it was Vegas, so I was supposed to drink ridiculous amounts of alcohol. I had a huge booze budget on purpose, but even then I didn't even blow through all of it. :lol:

I wanted to go to bed too, but we were so hungry, so we grabbed food out of the minibar and had a drink or two to go with it. Then I passed out. :lol:

I'd like to do that too, but I'm the same. I just can't stay up as late as I used to be able to. Now I generally am in bed by 10, and read until 11-ish. I'm a raging bitch if I don't get enough sleep, so I try to make that happen. :lol:

I'm kind of pondering Montreal as well... My obvious first choice is Miami since I could drive, but the idea of sitting outside waiting for GA alllllllll day in Miami in JUNE is not that appealing. I have a pretty good theory in the works that involves swinging by Target on the way and picking up a kiddie pool, but....

Dudette....

I would totally want to join your party in Ga if you had a kiddie pool and enough water to pull it off. Then people could take turns buying bags of ice to keep the water cool. It's be totally awesome. But we'd run the risk of the boys seeing us in our bathing suits. I'm not sure if that would score any points or not.... :hmm:

G'night, zu!

I could only do that if I had a friend there with me who I could just be all goofy and "I don't give a shit" and be my dorky self amongst all the skeeves. :lol:

Yeah, having crazy friends along with you definitely helps. When I'm with certain friends (in particular my two best Seattle friends), we'll go out and do crazy things and act like complete dorks, and will have an absolute ball. :love: We've been to many bars in Seattle and just acted like idiots, and those were the best times ever. :D

Time for me to head out too. It was fun to reminisce about Vegas. :D G'night, all!

Dudette...

If you did that I'd totally join your GA line party. And everyone could take turns going out for ice to keep the water cool. But... would we score bonus Bono points for going to the show in our swim suits? :hmm:

boyfriend/ignorance/malaise is better than "I only see club shows" snobbery!

:lol: :( :hug::hug: oh, i hear ya!

when I got into the original CBGB's Punk/nNew Wave bands (75/76)and some of the other bands over influences by them/or reaxcting to them over the next ?18 plus yrs or so..there were a few years when The WHo and Springsteen weren't touring.

ANd when The WHO came back ?76 or 78 to MSG.... I had been writing a few little "essays" -maybe influeneced by hanging out with NYRocker (wonderful Punk/New Wave Magaizine) on some of the rock shows I was seeing.

When the Who came back inn ? 76 or 78 ? tghe beginning of my essay had something to the effect thet "I "was coming out of the very exciting close up world of seeing bands in clubs..and drage myself back to the cavernous realms od Madison Square Garden..." etc :D

Luckily my love for bands that were way up higher on the audience sizes didn't preclude me from going back to the arenas for them!

Back
Top Bottom