PGP: Saluting Right Back at Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh god, Sweet Fire of Love, YES. Thanks!!

Have I ever told you that I have a Robbie Robertson thing, and that he was raised about 10 minutes from me? :drool: :lol:

i thought i'd fall on the floor the first time i heard it!
wwooooo-ahhhhhh wow

the 2 of them together on that song, the contrast betwen their voices, trading verses and duetyintg eeeyyiiiiii
SOooooooooooo HOTTTTTTTT!
glad some one appreicates it as much as I do!:drool::drool::drool:

oh cool!!!! about the very close proximetry!

no, you're right ... there's some serious sarcasm but some of the images and the vocalizing overbound the sarcasm for me. :D

Oh I can totally agree with you. Some of the lines just scream that in fact. Still, like Dazz said, his delivery takes over my brain though and does me in. I in fact may or may not have listened to that song in my car today 3 times while on a Starbucks run. :shifty:

:lol: :up: i dunno...maybe I prefer a less hostile Bono? :lol:

Ooh, I think I might vaguely remember that, but not details? Over the years, we've had a lot of people pop in - some have stuck (thank goodness :heart: ) and some have moved on to greener pastures, if they felt that this wasn't for them.

And some return. :)

In 05/06, it was a very band lusty thread, and the regulars that gathered in the first few months just seemed to click :heart: (although we've had some great additions over the years too - it seems like some were just born to be here).

The new leather wardrobe has contributed to the resurgence of the lusty talk. :shifty:

:hug: I'll try not to be a stranger again.

And yeah I don't remember details from years ago either, but I had just remembered something to that effect. :hmm:

Okay so band/leather/lusty talk is back. :up: Excellent! *Mr. Burns voice*

:lol: oh damn... forum maintenance, means I've stayed up way too late again! (as usual)

i thought i'd fall on the floor the first time i heard it!
wwooooo-ahhhhhh wow

the 2 of them together on that song, the contrast betwen their voices, trading verses and duetyintg eeeyyiiiiii
SOooooooooooo HOTTTTTTTT!
glad some one appreicates it as much as I do!:drool::drool::drool:

oh cool!!!! about the very close proximetry!

He's part native Canadian, and I live on one end of town...if you drive out of town for 10, 15 minutes, you end up on the Six Nations Reservation, which is where he spent summers with one parent's (his mother's, if I recall correctly...native people generally go with maternal lineage) relatives.

I'm sure you've heard me speak of Bob? The guy I was seeing? He's native Canadian...but he lives in the city. Due to the proximity of the reservation, this area has a very high population of Native Canadians, so rich in history. :) I live like 4 blocks from the oldest church in Ontario, a native church. The founder of our city, Joseph Brant, a native chief, is buried there. Joseph Brant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I was a little kid in the dark ages, in the 70s, kids around here would dig in their backyards and find ancient arrowheads. I remember wanting to find one SO badly, but I never did. :lol:

/end dorkiness :reject:

Ok so Sweet Fire of Love and Can't Help Falling In Love (Triple Peaks Remix). :hmm: I have some re-listening to do. Must go see if I have them in my itunes....

ooh I do! yay!

:lol: I was just thinking that about you! I had a coffee run at 9:30 tonight tho... so yeah. :wink:

oops. :shifty: hostile Bono is ok with me.

I get that. Any Bono is better than no Bono. :shifty:

As I was bitching to the girls earlier in this thread, I'm in the midst of a major insomniac episode. Last night I slept for an hour, then had a 90 minute nap in the early afternoon. I should NOT be still awake. :scream: So frustrating...

I get that. Any Bono is better than no Bono. :shifty:

As I was bitching to the girls earlier in this thread, I'm in the midst of a major insomniac episode. Last night I slept for an hour, then had a 90 minute nap in the early afternoon. I should NOT be still awake. :scream: So frustrating...

Aww I'm sorry. I understand though, I go through it sometimes too, even without the coffee. I go on and off caffeine like some sort of weird junkie. Right now I'm on in a bad way. :crack: I need to go cold turkey again though soon.

Like I said, I've never been a fan of the remixes, especially most 90s AB ones. I heard about Can't Help Falling In Love (Triple Peaks Remix) on here when someone requested a copy because he wanted to use it for his wedding. :cute: I googled it because of that and found a copy on Pirate Bay, along with a bunch of other remixes from the era that I actually liked. I've always thought that it would make an excellent track for a movie...playing over a montage in a romantic comedy, or something. It has a dreamy, film-like quality.

In a few years, I can see a "Behind the Music" sort of show. The early days, when it was part of the band and everything was peachy. It would appear from time to time, but was mostly content with being a member (lolz). Fast forward to now, when the discontent and the appeals for independence start...wanting to be more visible - nay, insisting on it! - wanting to have its own voice. Then the solo era...it'll be the toast of the town, at all the best parties, everyone vying for a piece of it. Then...a tragic downfall
I'm thinking an STD *tears*
...and finally, a triumphant resurrection, followed by a reunion with Bono and the others. :happy:

:lmao: I'm literally sitting here with tears of laughter in my eyes. This thread is gold. God catching up has never been this hillarious :laugh:

He's part native Canadian, and I live on one end of town...if you drive out of town for 10, 15 minutes, you end up on the Six Nations Reservation, which is where he spent summers with one parent's (his mother's, if I recall correctly...native people generally go with maternal lineage) relatives.

I'm sure you've heard me speak of Bob? The guy I was seeing? He's native Canadian...but he lives in the city. Due to the proximity of the reservation, this area has a very high population of Native Canadians, so rich in history. :) I live like 4 blocks from the oldest church in Ontario, a native church. The founder of our city, Joseph Brant, a native chief, is buried there. Joseph Brant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I was a little kid in the dark ages, in the early to mid 70s, kids around here would dig in their backyards and find ancient arrowheads. I remember wanting to find one SO badly, but I never did. :lol:

/end dorkiness :reject:

aaaaaaawwwww VP, look who you're talking to :D I appreciate this stuff!

SIx Nations probably that connects up with the ? Iraquois ( are part of) and others up at the NY State And Candian border!
There is a certain portion of Native Americans living around the NYC area. I don't know if they have diminished in numbers in the last 20 yrs or so.

I don't know if there is a NAtive Church here in NYC, BUT at St Johyn The Divine...there is ( among the many niches- it's the biggest Gothic cathedral in the world? )...an alter presented in a Native American way.

Bob was he the ? policeman or trooper guy OR was there someone else AFTER him???

In the park that is in the Northern most edge of Manahttan...on the Hudson River side there are caves where you could find Native American arrowheads as well!
aI don't know whether you can stillfind them -- certainly there were 50- 30 years ago!

Really?? Weird, I don't remember that!

You should catch up on some recent threads. We've essentially decided that the pants
or the contents within, rather
are about to become a separate entity. We've basically plotted out a career path for it, decided that it needs its own staff, etc. :shifty:
If it's going to be a musical career, can I apply to be the instrument technician? :shifty:

You were never here during the time I was here. It's been a couple years or so at least since I was here daily. Maybe more. Yeah it's been a while. :ohmy: Maybe Wild will remember, or Gg :flirt: (or maybe everyone will have forgotten :lol: ) I can't remember who else was around a lot then. (I have a very suckful memory, my bad!) OH wait... or Carlos might remember, he was here. :rolleyes: :wink:

OMG a career path? :lmao:

:flirt: How could I not? You should stay, it's great fun in here. We already converted Cori into our little tribe.

Aww I'm sorry. I understand though, I go through it sometimes too, even without the coffee. I go on and off caffeine like some sort of weird junkie. Right now I'm on in a bad way. :crack: I need to go cold turkey again though soon.

Oh wow, that's gotta be tough. :( Some people think "caffeine addiction, whatever" :rolleyes: but it can have very real, physical consequences that impede sleep, for one thing. I actually read a really interesting article recently about how caffeine acts on the brain, if you're interested.

Unfortunately, that's not my issue. I only have two cups of coffee when I get up, and other than the odd day where I allow myself chocolate (PMS :drool: ) that's it for my caffeine intake.

Like I said, I've never been a fan of the remixes, especially most 90s AB ones. I heard about Can't Help Falling In Love (Triple Peaks Remix) on here when someone requested a copy because he wanted to use it for his wedding. :cute: I googled it because of that and found a copy on Pirate Bay, along with a bunch of other remixes from the era that I actually liked. I've always thought that it would make an excellent track for a movie...playing over a montage in a romantic comedy, or something. It has a dreamy, film-like quality.

I kind of love remixes, though not all of them of course. I do listen to them a lot but I have to endure the scorn of my kid though. My oldest daughter hates ALL of them with a fiery passion :lol: Oh well toooooo bad.

I have a ginormous collection of them so I haven't listened to many in a while. I need to listen to that one again and see if I remember it. :hmm:

I remember when your Bono avi was itty bitty :cute: And I've always thought it cool that you've kept him so long. You OWN him. :D I don't change mine a ton or anything and can easily go years with the same one, tho I do put up my Bono/Edge party animals for special birthday occasions. ;) I'm about to change back to my regular real soon here. Bouncy Bono has been with me though since the very beginning, so if I do let him go it's gonna be tough. Plus I almost did once and Gg found out and nearly killed me, so there's always that incentive to keep him. :uhoh:

:hmm: I don't think I could write the country song. :shifty: Though I did whip out a Bono hair-prayer one time years ago that some people round these parts still use often.

That sig is FAR too hypnotizing to let go of. :tsk:

Just look at it

Bounce

bounce

*bounce*

:drool:

I wanted it bigger after I saw a few people in EYKIW posting crazy things that I'd never say, and I didn't want to be associated with them. :lol: I think GG was the one who originally made it bigger for me, but then there was a weird shadow in one corner, and Sicy edited it out. :) The Ben pancake and Trumpy sigs, Sarah made those for me. She has PS on her computer, I don't.

I totally associate Bouncy Bono with you, and you can never change him! :horror: :wink:

A repost of the hair prayer would be appreciated, plz. :)

If you want a new sig with some leather in it, I wouldn't mind making it for you. :shifty: Just let me know if you want it what pics I should use and other specifics..

:lol: I was just thinking that about you! I had a coffee run at 9:30 tonight tho... so yeah. :wink:

oops. :shifty: hostile Bono is ok with me.

:shifty: Sooo, what about wifebeater Bono?
bonobw.jpg

:drool:

Woah wait what :shocked: I didn't realise you guys were actually online right now!!!! What are you doing in my timezone??? :lol: Isn't it insanely late in the west?

Oh wow, that's gotta be tough. :( Some people think "caffeine addiction, whatever" :rolleyes: but it can have very real, physical consequences that impede sleep, for one thing. I actually read a really interesting article recently about how caffeine acts on the brain, if you're interested.

Unfortunately, that's not my issue. I only have two cups of coffee when I get up, and other than the odd day where I allow myself chocolate (PMS :drool: ) that's it for my caffeine intake.

Oh yes please I'd like to see it. I'm always looking for more incentive to help me give it up. I know caffeine is BAD for me. It creates some real physical problems for me too. But it's so hard for me to shake it. I do go through bad withdrawal symptoms when I go off. No one wants to be around me for a week. It's awful! But I know when I have to do it, and it's going to be soon again. But I hate it, because I love it (so I know I'll be back too!) :( It's a vicious cycle. :lol:

aaaaaaawwwww VP, look who you're talking to :D I appreciate this stuff!

SIx Nations probably that connects up with the ? Iraquois ( are part of) and others up at the NY State And Candian border!
There is a certain portion of Native Americans living around the NYC area. I don't know if they have diminished in numbers in the last 20 yrs or so.

I don't know if there is a NAtive Church here in NYC, BUT at St Johyn The Divine...there is ( among the many niches- it's the biggest Gothic cathedral in the world? )...an alter presented in a Native American way.

Bob was he the ? policeman or trooper guy OR was there someone else AFTER him???

In the park that is in the Northern most edge of Manahttan...on the Hudson River side there are caves where you could find Native American arrowheads as well!
aI don't know whether you can stillfind them -- certainly there were 50- 30 years ago!

Yeah, that's him. He's a patrolman for the province - has authority over anything to do with the highway traffic act, traffic accidents (in this realm, they actually have authority over police, and they train police officers)...but nothing to do with personal/criminal acts...it's all transportation, garages/service centers that do repair work, seeing that vehicles (esp commercial vehicles) are roadworthy. He works for the provincial government. But he drives a patrol car that has a siren, and wears a uniform. :combust: :wink: :reject:

I thought you might be interested. :) They are closely related to the tribes of upstate NY. In recent years, there's been a huge to-do in this area about native land claims (they were promised 6 miles on either side of the Grand River, a long river that runs through this city and much of the province), which has been built upon by white people. It's a whole big thing, and I don't want to bore the thread with it further, but if you're interested, I can PM you info. :)

I'm old, and I still want an arrowhead. :angry: :wink:

Btw, note the necklace in that pic. :shifty: I think B should wear it again now we have the new Encore opener.

:giggle: What time is it in your world?
How have ya been :hug:

that'd be interesting - the caffie article

in chocolate there's not only some caffine but a component ....

chocolates botanical name is Theobroma Cacao ( Cocoa treea nother name)

I just looked that senttence up :lol: but I did remember from the last year or so that THEObroma part of the name -theo is Greek is God(?s ) from Ancient Greece.

SO there is something in this component that usually makes botanical chemists think of a Food of the Gods. :drool::D

I kind of love remixes, though not all of them of course. I do listen to them a lot but I have to endure the scorn of my kid though. My oldest daughter hates ALL of them with a fiery passion :lol: Oh well toooooo bad.

I have a ginormous collection of them so I haven't listened to many in a while. I need to listen to that one again and see if I remember it. :hmm:

yeah, Sarah's not a big fan of them either, but unlike her, I've at least found a few that I like. In particular, the fan club remix cd was decent, I liked quite a bit of that. :up:

Back
Top Bottom