PGP: Saluting Right Back at Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wasn't sure who was saying goodnight and who was actually leaving before... and of course now everyone's left. :lol:

(And I'm going to be super-conscious of using *L* now!)

Goodnight to those going/gone to bed! :wave:

It has been fun being here with people... although not very good for productivity. :uhoh:

:giggle: I think the bodyguards behind Edge and Adam want their pizza too.

Ooh your poster has me intrigued now to find that pic!

Ok I'm off for a bit, need to go scan a picture for someone and watch some X-Files... my daughters and I are marathoning the series right now. (Big TV heads here, we're always marathoning through an entire series of something!) Nice talking to everyone. :wave:

If all else fails, comet, I will take a photo of it, if I can convince it to lie flat after being rolled up for 10 years!

Good to chat :D Seeya! :wave:

oops sentence just copped off :huh:
I
get such a smile talking to you in reat time , ali
when you are almost or directly on the other side of the globe.... I imagine there's a very long wire attached to the "tin can " each of use is using that goes straight through the planet!:lol:

Aww :hug: Today has been a much smilier day at work than I usually have! :)

This whole internet thing is pretty amazing.

Someone needs to make a tunnel through the middle of the earth for real, and get a giant (heat-proof) elevator going through it. Without actually using any power except gravity, you could travel right through to the other side of the earth in 40 minutes or something!! That would be so awesome. :nerd:

Back. But going to bed shortly. Had a lovely dinner, good conversation and a bottle of wine with my friend. It was much needed. :heart: We also made some really cool cards:

The product of my evening :) on Twitpic

It's a picture from my phone, so it doesn't do it justice, but it's really fun. :D I made it for a friend whose birthday is coming up, and she LOVES pink and girly stuff. :lol:

As for posters, I have three U2 ones in my bedroom - one is from ATYCLB (the boys standing around in the airport), and the other two are from the Vertigo tour (one has all the 1st leg dates on it, the other is Vancouver specific). I have another poster that I found at the grocery store ( :lmao: ) for like $2, and I still haven't hung it up and framed it yet. :lol: I've had it for months. It's a gorgeous B&W NLOTH picture of them standing on a beach, all looking broody and awesome, and then a smaller picture at the very bottom that was in the album artwork, I think, of them somewhere in Morocco, perhaps. Either way, it's beautiful. Must get it framed, because it would look fabulous with the other B&W artwork I have in my kitchen/dining room area.

Aww :hug: Today has been a much smilier day at work than I usually have! :)

This whole internet thing is pretty amazing.

Someone needs to make a tunnel through the middle of the earth for real, and get a giant (heat-proof) elevator going through it. Without actually using any power except gravity, you could travel right through to the other side of the earth in 40 minutes or something!! That would be so awesome. :nerd:

glad we could smile your work day up!

love it :nerd: tho ithink it'd be longer travel or would maybe eneed super sonic speed! :D

personally i think The Net is amazing!!!

i can almost never be totoally bored with the net now at home b/c i have so many interests to look up and revisit or learn new stuff...

Plus talking with my far-away friends & family!

and we won't leave the perving out, will we? :lol:
:wink:

Oh yeah, and the posters in my bedroom aren't framed. I just stuck them up there with tacks and tape. :lol: I don't plan on saving them, since they're pretty average posters, but the NLOTH poster I definitely will be framing. I have a bunch of photography that I need to frame as well. Maybe that's what I'll do this weekend - go on a frame search. :)

Hi and bye, dazz! Sorry I can't stay to chat - it's way past my normal bedtime, and I do have to be somewhat functional for tomorrow. :lol: G'night!

Back. But going to bed shortly. Had a lovely dinner, good conversation and a bottle of wine with my friend. It was much needed. :heart: We also made some really cool cards:

The product of my evening :) on Twitpic

It's a picture from my phone, so it doesn't do it justice, but it's really fun. :D I made it for a friend whose birthday is coming up, and she LOVES pink and girly stuff. :lol:

As for posters, I have three U2 ones in my bedroom - one is from ATYCLB (the boys standing around in the airport), and the other two are from the Vertigo tour (one has all the 1st leg dates on it, the other is Vancouver specific). I have another poster that I found at the grocery store ( :lmao: ) for like $2, and I still haven't hung it up and framed it yet. :lol: I've had it for months. It's a gorgeous B&W NLOTH picture of them standing on a beach, all looking broody and awesome, and then a smaller picture at the very bottom that was in the album artwork, I think, of them somewhere in Morocco, perhaps. Either way, it's beautiful. Must get it framed, because it would look fabulous with the other B&W artwork I have in my kitchen/dining room area.

Hi/bye Thora! An admirable sentiment on that card, indeed. :up:

I like the sound of that NLOTH poster!

Have a good night! :wave:

Hi and bye, dazz! Sorry I can't stay to chat - it's way past my normal bedtime, and I do have to be somewhat functional for tomorrow. :lol: G'night!

That's OK thora! :hug: Glad you had a really good night out! The cared looks pretty!

ah, yes,,,,functionality has its' uses!:wink:
The NLOTH poster sounds wonderful!

you must frame up someof your Hawaii photos and the sky diving!!!:applaud:

sleep good!

glad we could smile your work day up!

love it :nerd: tho ithink it'd be longer travel or would maybe eneed super sonic speed! :D

personally i think The Net is amazing!!!

i can almost never be totoally bored with the net now at home b/c i have so many interests to look up and revisit or learn new stuff...

Plus talking with my far-away friends & family!

and we won't leave the perving out, will we? :lol:

It might theoretically break the sound barrier, not sure... :hmm: I know someone's worked it all out, anyway. The elevator/capsule thing would accelerate as it neared the centre of the earth, then gravity pulling the other way would slow it down as it went back towards the opposite surface. You'd just need to catch it before it went back again...

I first met the internet when I started uni in '97... and I've been irrevocably hooked ever since. :D

interestintg! they have to have some kind of locking mechanism to catch/hold it in place for people to get in and out!

it would be wild that for sure!

because i was going to some local SF cons in my area.....i heard some people talking about newsgroups, rec something,bulletin Boards etc in ?1991. ANd listening to a Science program on NPR ( Nat'l Public Radio) the host/science reporter was telling people to ? e-mail him at "the Well".

SO I strted hearing about it earlier and WHEN it was still "The Internet" VS what would become The (Worldwide) Web.

The difference (history) of it ( if I have it right) was the Net came out of US Defense and keeping info and goverment communications going by by spreading out the bits of info in a non-centralized communications system that was set up at various universities.

Eventual it gained these social functions as well--but was all done with type and maybe some drawings made from manipulating type eleements. maybe later simple line draweing ( NOT sure)...

FInally it became the Web when whoever(s) invented a way to make it easier the the average person to use it by having these very graphical, colorful Icons etc.... to click on INSTAED of typing strings of commands or letter and number combos.

i think it was called a GUI _________ something: Graphical User Interface. From that sites & seaerch engines developed.

I finally got my chance to be on the Web when i saw that there were a (very) few Net Cafes opened up in The East Village and The Village. SO at the very end --of 1995 New Year's Eve afgernoon-- my present (from holidays) to myself was to go one on to Google ( or maybe back then it was YAHOO) for the first time at one of the East Village net Cafe's!
The newspapers etc began to print photos of what the sceen looked like.

I had been really oput of it in mid-94 thru mid-late 95 so I heard about that they were putting The Net into thelibrary BUT I thot they only were putting it inmo the still being built (then) SIBL> Sicence, Business & Industr< Library.

MY big surprise in early spring 1996 was going to one of the several BIG MIdtown libraries> I was going to the Magaizne collection desk when on my way over there I saw some people at computer terminals.

They HOWEVER were NOT using the Library's computer catalouge looking for books...I recognized the Web screen!
it was OMG!!! they're here already!

I spent years in the librbay using the net till /or in addtion to that i had other surces to also acess it!

and now :yippie::yippie: I have more acess at last! :D

and now :yippie::yippie: I have more acess at last! :D

It's been a long time coming, that's for sure! :D

Yeah, GUI is the right term, I think. That's what the IT guys at work call the "front-end" system we use, as opposed to the text-based (and more powerful) "back-end".

For comet: Here is the poster I was talking about, although I'm sure I've seen this pic flipped around the other way somewhere...

U2 posters & t-shirts - Buy U2 posters & t-shirts at Pushposters.com

Dunno where I was imagining Bono's tie-dye from, you can't see what he's wearing there! :reject:

I guess that takes care of my theory that they only had one pair of sunglasses between them in those days...

09bono_pizza.jpg
Adam tongue :drool:

I hate not having my phone. And I had a chance to get a free netbook yesterday, but it requires me to pay $60 a month for net service. And I can't afford that right now. :(

I miss everyone like crazy. Hope everyone is doing well.

i know some peole use the *g* here

:heart: I used to use that all the time on other sites! I hated the way ;-) looked, I didn't like LOL, and *g* for "grin" was refreshing.

Sometimes I want to use it here instead of :wink: because I get tired of that, but I always assumed no one would know what I was doing!

I'm playing hooky today - my team of three were supposed to go to this silly seminar that was mostly an excuse to not go to the office, and my boss said "if you want to bail at noon, it's fine. Actually, if you want to skip the whole thing that's cool too."

So I just texted her that I was taking her up on that offer. :lol:

Update on the poster at Target - got clarification on the @U2 forum. It's not a rolled up poster, it's one of the flat-on-cardboard posters like you see these days.

which is good news, because I actually did FIND those last night, they just didn't have the U2 one. There were about 20, and half of them were Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly. :lol:

:shifty: maaybe Bono heard my hair prayer

bonohelsinkilarre.jpg

edge and adam lookin good too

adamhelsinkilarre.jpg

edgehelsinkilarre.jpg

sorry there wasn't a larry pic. :(

Hey thanks for the Target poster update cori :hmm: good to know, I'm going to have a look today, but I'm still debating staying and seeing what happens at today's show.

Ali thanks for showing me your poster :) ah cool.

Back
Top Bottom