PGP: Let the GA Panic/Fun Begin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG! Ticket says Sat! : panic: Gotta take Friday off and head down after a Thursday nap after work to camp out. MUST HAVE RAIL SIDE EDGE!!!!!!!

I'll be cheering you on in spirit!!!

Well hello there Mr. The Edge :flirt:

: shifty:
HelloMrTheEdgeseattle6-4-2011.jpg
:ohmy:
:sexywink: HI there Mr The Edge

GraceRyan;7228812 said:
Dude, that has to be weird for you. And I think Larry is more hubby material having been with the same woman for 30+ years. Adam is the bad boy. Have her read U2 at the End of the World. : sexywink:

If my mom started waxing poetic about U2, it would be strange for me. But my mom is in her 60's. I'd tell her to stop being a cougar!

Better watch out who ya talking to, girlfriend! :wink:
I'm 58 1/4 : D

I was 27 when I heard great things about U2 Live! in 1980.
I found them through The New York Rocker; one of
the seminal NYC Rock Zines that covered the beginnings,
and rise to all around the world
of the CBGB's Punk & New Wave Bands,
and the bands inspired by them!

My kids have had to put up with me. : reject: At least I finally turned them into fans so at least they get it now. : D
:applaud:

Well, girls--I am in my 60s, and U2 has been a part of me for over 30 years--we kinda grew up together. And my mom liked them a lot, too. If we hadn't lost her 10 years ago, I'm sure she'd still be a great fan, even though she'd be 89 by now!

As my uncle used to say, "Just because there's snow on the chimney, it doesn't mean that there's no fire in the fireplace." : cute:
As you can see my time line is very similar to yours !

Le SYGH : (
My mom got such a kick out of the Movie Function on my digital camera.
I used her show her photos & mini vids of beautiful places; gardens, esplanades, parks, holiday & other cool events around NYC , since she couldn't go out around the city anymore. ( But thank the powers~the NH she was in had a beautiful big lawn & trees and flower bushes overlooking the Hudson river)

She passed about 15 months before the '09 Giants Stadium gig .
I know she would have absolutely loved The Claw -
from both an structure/engineering POV, and the gorgeous lighting & effects!:hyper:

My two sisters (who are both younger than I am) and I say this will be a picture of us someday--except we haven't let our hair go gray. : lol:

BonoOlderFans.jpg
lol! Go R&R Grannies!

:bow :
I thought I was special with loving them since I was 12 and I'll be 40 this year. Yep, we grew up together even though they were 10 years older. As I've said, they have been my longest relationship so far.

My mom can have her Roger Daltry.
:giggle:
Have you ever seen what Roger looked like in
his mid- 20-s trough30's ???
:drool:
But he may not be your type! ;D

I'm home.
WOW. Just, wow. : heart : My god was that ever an AMAZING experience!!! : love :

I'll catch up on things later, but wanted to stop in and say hi first. : lol: I'm just going to start uploading pics and so on. : D
YAY thora! :yippie:
Not even being in the line, I walked in when the gates opened (through a separate gate from the queue), spotted friends on the outer rail (including Thora - YAY!), and stood right behind them. By the time U2 came on stage, I was on the rail.

I'm so happy that happened - got a great spot and got to hang with friends without having to do the line.
YAY, cori! :yippie:

The camera I borrowed has a setting for when subjects are in motion. I have some FANTASTIC pictures.
oooo, cool maybe like "continuous shooting' that's what my Cannon Power Shot has?

I had to give up Baltimore because of financial reasons. I'm barely going to make it to Canada as it is, and going to Baltimore would have completely screwed me over financially.

:(

Thanks, dazz! It was an incredible experience!! :heart:

I had to give up Baltimore because of financial reasons. I'm barely going to make it to Canada as it is, and going to Baltimore would have completely screwed me over financially.

Sorry to hear that, hon. :sad: :hug: I'm selfishly glad you're still coming to Canada, though. :)

:ohmy:

aaawww that bites, deeg! :hug:

pardon me for asking....

I thot that your (reatively) new job was
going pretty well $$ wise?
New expenses (other than U2 & PGP Field Trips) ??
OR the continuing Reccession Blues?

April and May were terrible months for me financially. I made about $200 a week less than what I was making, which screwed me over. Plus, I have regular expenses besides U2 as well.

I'm not sure about Philly. Right now, I have to get Montreal/Toronto paid for and go from there. I just have the major sadz today. Being an adult sucks, man.

I think i better go eat my late lunch :lol:
tummy is portesting!

I needs a smiley with a
gnereral "I Protest" sign;
good for all protest occasions! :wink:

I wanted to get all caught up with
the thread and check on my computer
art piece, too. I knew something seemed to be missing on it just before I left it on Sat!

I found it and I'm correcting it!

bbs!

daygloeyes2;7229994[COLOR="Red" said:
]April and May were terrible months for me financially. I made about $200 a week less than what I was making,[/COLOR] which screwed me over. Plus, I have regular expenses besides U2 as well.

I'm not sure about Philly. Right now, I have to get Montreal/Toronto paid for and go from there. I just have the major sadz today. Being an adult sucks, man.

oh shit, that's esp nasty, dg ! :( :hug:

I meant new expenses beyond your regular
monthly etc expenses or other special stuff.

All the best for getting Montreal & TO all in place for now! :hug:

off 2 late lunch

bbs

*tumbleweeds*
Le :sigh:

:hyper:
wonders how :hug:ZU & :hug:Comet are doing!!!!
:hyper:

*cobwebs*
Le :sigh:

well at least I had fun in 360 tour
just burned some :heart: :drool: pix on to
CD to take home and save into my laptop

And WHEFE are the vids for Bno pointing at amy & K
And Adam and drea vid? photos? .......

......so i can see :hyper: them tomorrow or weds!
In the last PGP thread or___________??

Better watch out who ya talking to, girlfriend!
I'm 58 1/4 : D

I was 27 when I heard great things about U2 Live! in 1980.
I found them through The New York Rocker; one of
the seminal NYC Rock Zines that covered the beginnings,
and rise to all around the world
of the CBGB's Punk & New Wave Bands,
and the bands inspired by them!

I think it was more of a case if my mom started rhapsodizing on Bono, I'd be all 'get yo own, byatch!'. But I find Jake Gyllenhaal dreamy and I'm 9 years older...so ROAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
:bow :
I thought I was special with loving them since I was 12 and I'll be 40 this year. Yep, we grew up together even though they were 10 years older. As I've said, they have been my longest relationship so far.

My mom can have her Roger Daltry.

Have you ever seen what Roger looked like in
his mid- 20-s trough30's ???
But he may not be your type! ;D

I was more into Pete Townsend. Swear to God, he was my first musical crush 1982. Remember the Farewell Tour? I was beside myself because my step-dad wouldn't let my mom take me.

On an unrelated note, Dear Sirius Radio - we NEED a U2 channel. The Pearl Jam is pretty good so an U2 would be mega-awesome. Thank you, Amy

Also, my daughter had only one accident at school. Could we be diaper-less one day?

My Seattle pictures are up on FB for all to see, now. :)

I'm so glad I went to bed early last night. :lol: I'm still pretty tired, but getting 8 hours of sleep last night definitely helped.

Back
Top Bottom