PGP: It's Beer O'Clock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Catch you later, Dazz :wave:!

Yup, he's a tool and a half. He was just CHARMING to me and my friends on many occasions. :tsk: Bastard.

*Raises eyebrows* Interesting. I'm tempted to ask for stories now :p.

I've probably mentioned him before. Yes, he has fabulous taste in music, and is always posting videos or sharing the records he's listening to on Twitter/FB.

Nope, I didn't make a list. Like you said it sounds fun in theory but is virtually impossible to do. :lol:

Yeah, I remember discussion about him here before. I had a feeling that might be who you were referring to earlier, actually, but who knows, could've been some other artist, too :D. He seems cool.

Exactly. But that's what makes music so wonderful, always discovering more amazing songs :heart:.

Yes, I too got mine. My gripe...too many photos of 2009. Boo.

HA! I thought the exact same thing as I flipped through mine last night. WTF. 2009 Bono has been done. (heh) We needed the new shit. :grumpy:

Yams make more sense to me as I cannot knit, sew, cross stitch, scapbook, glue or bedazzle. I am a craft wasteland.

This.

*Raises eyebrows* Interesting. I'm tempted to ask for stories now :p.

Oh, it's nothing too interesting. Just your normal douchebaggery-like behaviour. He hit on my friend many times and asked her out, and was rude to her when she turned him down. He kept trying to get us to come to his shows and hang out backstage (with all that that would imply - ewww), and was just oh so classy about all of that. He had a very high opinion of himself, and let everyone know. We pretty just much either raised our eyebrows or shook our heads at him and tried to ignore him.

My land line has been ringing a lot in the last few days, and every time it rings I jump. :lol: I really hope that for once it will be someone calling me for an interview or to tell me I have a job, instead of the telemarketers that it always seems to be. :lol:

The font always makes r and n together look like m. So for a moment I thought Daz was drooling over expensive glorious gorgeous yams. :giggle: Yum!

:lol: that's right, girlfriend-
RARE South American Yams - first time they were imported out of their country to our farmers market! :hyper:

Yam soup w a touch of garlic and curry powder, carrot slices, slices of
yam grilled first in butter, and some fresh coriander and crushed cashews sprinkled on top!

sounds good, yes? :D

If I were take up any of those crafts it would be a needs basis. Most likely sewing. But I am suck with crafty type things. That's not where my imagination and aptitude lies.

This day has been sooooo loooong

Holy shit guys. Not sure if anyone's interested, but this is SO cool. This song, played through the new MacBook Pro ad:

Apple - Introducing MacBook Pro with Retina display - YouTube

is from a band that a friend of Sarah's is in! I *think* this band is made up on the girl, her brother, and a friend. Sarah met her and went to some of their shows when the girl was dating Sarah's roommate. They've broken up, but Sarah keeps in touch with her via FB and still goes to some of her shows. They're mostly electronica and not really my thing, but I've heard a few of their songs that I like.

Here is the whole song.

KIDSTREET - Song (String Version) [Macbook Pro 2012 Song] - YouTube

Here's the song, the non-string version.

[HD] Kidstreet - Song - YouTube

I've actually heard this before, and this is one that I like. But anyway, WAY cool for them!!

VP, that's awesome that Sarah's friend's band is getting some play! I remember discovering Nick Drake because of that VW commercial years ago.

Djembe, not bongo! :angry: I want Larry's djembe (and no, that isn't a euphemism :wink:)

I want to BE the djembe...

I has Muse tickets :happydance::cabbagepatch::loveshower:

cool!!

OMG I went on the first page if the thread!!!

The photos posted have made me need my bunk immediately ..... :shifty:

WILD!!!!! How's things? love you!!!

This week is more hectic than I thought! I'm teaching a drama camp with 14 5-year-olds. They're SOOOOOOO cute. I really like them and it's hard to be in a cranky mood around them, even when you arrive late to work because of traffic. Never thought I'd like kids' camp again.

VP, that's awesome that Sarah's friend's band is getting some play! I remember discovering Nick Drake because of that VW commercial years ago.

I want to BE the djembe...

This week is more hectic than I thought! I'm teaching a drama camp with 14 5-year-olds. They're SOOOOOOO cute. I really like them and it's hard to be in a cranky mood around them, even when you arrive late to work because of traffic. Never thought I'd like kids' camp again.

Daz, great news that you'll be even a little bit weight bearing soon. Progress is progress!

That's cool! A lot of bands are turning to that, to be discovered. I know I've found a few, too.

I'm not surprised. :wink:

Aw, that sounds like so much fun, glad you're having a good time with it!! :)

Dazzled, agree about your progress! I was just catching up Sarah with your news...she's very interested, with the whole injury similarity thing. She says to get well soon!!

I hope the band does well, too. Like I said, not entirely my thing, but I do like some of their songs, and the song from the Apple ad is a gorgeous piece of music. Sarah was actually telling me after that the band found out a while ago that a car company, not sure which one, had been using that same piece in one of their ads, without the band's permission. They eventually came to an agreement with the company, and were compensated for it. :up:

Daz, great news that you'll be even a little bit weight bearing soon. Progress is progress!
Dazzled, agree about your progress! I was just catching up Sarah with your news...she's very interested, with the whole injury similarity thing. She says to get well soon!!
Zu! :hug:
VP! :hug:
Sarah! :hug:

*****THANK YOU*****, all!

:hyper::love::hyper:
I did start this morning!

Again I was like :hmm: just how am I going to be actually doing this thing!??:huh::lol:

So here's how it goes....
-You got a patient with a cam* walking boot> me :D
- You got a walker (in this case 2 double-wheels in front and plain rubber tips in the back (like cane tips)
*the cam boot has a rounded "foot" bottom to more closely match the foward heel 2 toe action of the foot walking motion

-The walker is right in front of me (I am in the wheel chair)
-I push up (arms on arm rests, the good left foot/ankle etc) out of the wheel chair/stand/ and grab onto either side's hand grip of the walker
- I forget after I did this that instead of keeping my right leg lifted off the floor i could now have it touching the floor lightly for better balance.

caveat#
i was trying to imagine the effort tonite-- who knows maybe i'll have to reverse the order of legs in tomorrow's corrected description :lol:

-I move the walker forward
-then I lift the right leg/foot (w Boot) forward and set front toes/ball of foot down lightly on the ground

-then I lift up my left (good) foot/leg AND with Arms push up and gently swing my(good) leg/foot forward while keeping the right foot (w Boot) on the ground rocking slightly forward from ball of foot to toes: the weight is STILL MOSTLY being borne by my shoulders/arms/hands (on grips).

I DO NOT REMEMBER 4NOW whether I put my left foot next to the right one OR somewhat more forward!
//REPEAT As Needed

so i went around the small gym twice and later to and from the
Seated Elliptical Trainer machine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom