Pete Yorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, he came through town last night and I missed it.

Needless to say, I'm very disappointed.

I guess not.

I went and saw him on Wednesday with my husband, and it was AWESOME. We saw him at the paradise lounge in boston, I love this place. It's so small, it's like having someone put on a concert in your living room .I picked up his westerns CD and preordered the new one as well. Love his cover of the associations Never My Love. He did a good range of all his stuff, both albums and some more obscure songs as well. The only complaint from me was that I was really hoping to hear Lose You, but it didnt make the setlist. Maybe next time, apparently he's coming back in the fall.

hmm, I finally got around to getting the second album some months ago, by now I've given it plenty of listens ..and there's a couple of songs I definitely like but for the most part...I hate to admit it...but it's boring. There's nothing great about it, the music is mediocre and the lyrics less so. Nevertheless, I'll probably get this album & hopefully he'll have evolved both musically & lyrically or at least be an enjoyable listen.

yea that's why my last line was "enjoyable listen" :sexywink:, ...musicforthemorningafter is far from anything unique or truly impressive. but, nevertheless, in my opinion it's a great, solid album and one of my favorites & most listened to. I'll try and not hold expectations for nightcrawler but I'm anxious to listen to it since it seems like ages ago that pete yorn came out with an album.

1.Vampyre.

It starts as this quite/tight little acoustic/vocal tune. Some angry/evil lyrics. 2nd verse builds with martial drums, and the third throws in fuzz guitars and lyrics about who knows what. By the outro it's all going full blast. Something about a "cold shovel"? I dunno.

2. For Us

The lead single. Built around a simple chord pattern. The verse is unstellar. Nice release in the chorus. And it needs it, as the tune just seems to plod around on riffs and breaks, leading nowhere. Shitty first single.

3. Undercover

This was on a soundtrack? Right? Low voice and strummed acoustic into nice harmonies and forceful reprise of the intro riff. Driving song. Nice guitar breakdown. Love lyrics w/ urgency. Good song.

8. Alive

Rock tune. Follows a REMesque acoustic riff through a big chorus. Layered vocals give it a nice lift. Breakdown sounds like Marc Bolan.

9. Splendid Isolation

Springsteen doing reverse "Playboy Mansion" lyrics. He sings like Elvis. Twangy guitars and a harmonica. Really good song.

10. Broken Bottle

Sweeping slide guitar. Really intricate piece. Kinda country but with a little wink. Big guitar break. Think I'm gonna like this one.

11. How Do You Go On?

Airy guitar pop. Amerified Ride tune? That's the best I can do. Amerified Ride with acoustic guitars. I'm sticking with it.

12. Ice Age

Real pretty tune. This is what he's gotten better at. The pretty tune. Pop ballad with acoutic guitars and pianos. Nice vocal bridge.

14. Bandstand In The Sky

Acoustic strummer. Nice harmonies. Larry Mullen Jr. drum beat. Propper album ender. Definite U2 influence, in beat, and guitar outro.

2. Never My Love (Westerns EP)

Cover of the Association. Really familiar and now I know why. Country cover. Nice slide guitar solo. Kind of emotional and pretty.

3. Don't Mean Nothing (Westerns EP)

Acoustic stomper. Nice piano lines, big chorus w/ another female voice in there. Can dance to.

Last edited:
4. The Good Advice (Westerns EP)

Honkey tonk stormer. One of the best thing he's done. Flat out rocks.

Last edited:
5. Lions (Westerns EP)

Reverbed out ballad. Really nice melody. Reminding me alot of something I can't call up right now. Good 3am recording.

6. The Golden Road (Westerns EP)

Railroad country. Don't know how else to describe it. Electric guitar plays a chug-a-lug beat. Hank Williams melody and lyrics to match.

Back
Top Bottom