perfect segues.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aski

Acrobat
i was enjoying the Live at Sydney Zoo Tv DVD the other day, and i was once again impressed by the perfect transition from Lemon (a great live song btw, hope they reconsider it for this tour) into With Or Without You ("midnight... midnight").

thinking of other 'perfect segues', these are some of my favourites:

Elevation tour: the Bad/Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses/Streets transition from Oakland 15 Nov 2001 with the extended Wild Horses outro ('"who's gonna fall/you have my heart")

Popmart: of course Please/Streets, with Seattle 12 Dec 97 being one of my favourite. Also Los Angeles 21 June 97, with Bono whispering a prayer to the late Ginsberg ("Allen Ginsberg, tonight i've been thinking about you" then a long ad lib prayer).

Zoo TV: Running/Streets, my favourite being Anaheim 14 Nov 92, where Bono plays a completely different harmonica outro (an old hymn; Shall We Gather At The River, probably inspired by the church visit in San Diego 10 Nov 92, which he comments during that show during Still Haven't Found).

anyone else have special favourite segues from the different tours?

one more Popmart show: Madison 25 June 1997; Please/Hallelujah (dedicated to Jeff Buckley)/Streets.

heartbreaking.

All I Want Is You --> Bad at a couple of Lovetown gigs (notably 20 October 1989, Sydney) was absolutely sublime.

I think Please -> Streets from Popmart Sarajevo is the greatest thing they ever did.

Speaking of which, the extended outro that Streets has on Popmart - when did they play this for the first time? Anyone knows?

I'm probably in the minority, but I thought RTSS-Human Rights Video-Pride on the Vertigo Tour was alright. I adore RTSS from that tour. I'm not a big fan of Pride, but if they insist on doing it, that wasn't a bad way to go about it.

one more Popmart show: Madison 25 June 1997; Please/Hallelujah (dedicated to Jeff Buckley)/Streets.

heartbreaking.

Dang, I was at that show and I don't remember the Hallelujah snippet.

*off to dig out the bootleg*

i don't have this on audio, only dvd bootleg.

it's there.

Oh, I believe you. I just didn't remember it - I don't listen to that bootleg that often.

May I ask where you found the DVD bootleg? I've never seen it online. Did you trade or download it from somewhere online? I'd love to find a copy to download, even if it's crummy quality.

I love all the segues mentioned but another great one I've been listening to a lot lately is I Threw A Brick Through A Window/A Day Without Me from the October/War tours.

Oh, I believe you. I just didn't remember it - I don't listen to that bootleg that often.

May I ask where you found the DVD bootleg? I've never seen it online. Did you trade or download it from somewhere online? I'd love to find a copy to download, even if it's crummy quality.

i downloaded this DVD from u2torrents.com, but it's been a while, so i don't know if there's any seeders left (and i don't have the files on my PC anymore either)

Bad - Fool to Cry/The First Time - Bullet the Blue Sky (Zoo TV)

i downloaded this DVD from u2torrents.com, but it's been a while, so i don't know if there's any seeders left (and i don't have the files on my PC anymore either)

Good to know - I'll poke around online for it. I'd never seen a copy of it, and would love to have it in my collection, since it was a show I attended. Thanks! :)

Imagine they play Breathe and in the end of the song they start to play the drums that the songs starts with and a few seconds later it seuqes into the drums and guitar of Acrobat.

Back
Top Bottom