Outside concerts VS indoor Concerts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Captain

The Fly
What do you think would be a better concert...I have never been to an outdoor concert, but I think the dynamics would be much more intense.. anyone been to both?

IMHO.. Indoors alway's take the cake

I saw Popmart a few times in open roof stadiums like the Texas Cotton Bowl and LA memorial Colliseum. and a few times in closed roof stadiums like St Louis. and the Astrodome..it must be the way the sound is able to bounce around the walls and whatnot ..it's always much louder..besides the effects look cooler in a indoor stadium/arena. things like fog lights and stage lighting looks sharper without the fog zooming off into the night sky.

outdoors simple really

slane dvd verus boston??
slane blows boston away

indoors is nice up close
but you get thrown about and its too
cramped on the floor.

outdoors bigger sound/more fans/more space
better gigs in my view

ive seen them 12 times since 1987
indoors+stadiums
the stadiums are much better
with my experience

BB Mac

Last edited:
Someone who has seen every U2 concert in the la vegas area since 87...i would say that indoor vs outdoor are two different beasts. for sound and effect indoor, but for feeling outdoor, there is nothing like 100,000 u2 fans sing streets or pride

Nothing like U2 playing inside the biggest stadium of whole tour :D

barcelona_camp_nou1.jpg

Vox

Yeah to Me I think that the more people would come the more the band could play off the crowd... Usually that brings a better show... but I suppose the lighting and everything in the indoors would really help the show...

I've seen both, prefer indoors -- lighting, sound, all seem to play off better. Plus, generally all the seats in the house are pretty good, especially when you account for the b-stage, runway thingy bobby.

Don't get me wrong, outdoors is cool too, but unless your seats are solid, you can get lost in the shuffle.

I'd like to see them in a domed stadium sometime -- seems like it would be the best of both worlds.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom