Opening Night Setlist Predictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After years of wasting my time on this forum making dream setlists, this is possibly my ultimate final encore:

Gone
Until the End of the World
Exit
The Fly

Apart from the obvious thematic relevance to ending a show, HOW FUCKING GOOD WOULD ALL THOSE SONGS BE TOGETHER.

I. WOULD. DIE.

After years of wasting my time on this forum making dream setlists, this is possibly my ultimate final encore:

Gone
Exit
The Fly

Apart from the obvious thematic relevance to ending a show, HOW FUCKING GOOD WOULD ALL THOSE SONGS BE TOGETHER.
I'd pay big bucks to see that.

Gone
Exit
The Fly

I. WOULD. DIE.

That would be amazing! I wish a U2 concert would end on a more upbeat note sometimes. Most other bands end with a massive finish.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Gone
Exit
The Fly

I. WOULD. DIE.

As a first encore, not as the night's closer, that would be the best set of songs they could ever do. 3 of those songs have, at one time or another, had the honor of being called my FAVORITE song.

No one cares.

You are rude!
I would like them to reintroduce Throw Your Arms, back into the set.
If they did that, I would fly my ass from Australia to Alaska, if I had to.

Mix in Last Night on Earth, with maybe a little bit of cheeky Zoo style Desire and that's when it hits uncontrollable bank account spillage territory for me.

ACROBAT should've ended all Zoo TV shows, right after Love Is BLindness, ending with media frenzy, the screens going wild, then the SOUND stops ante the TVs goes to snow...

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep..

Anyway, about this thread:

01 - California
02 - The Miracle

blablabla

- With Or Without You -->
- Every Breaking Wave -->
- Where The Streets Have No Name

ENCORE

- The Troubles -->
- Bullet The Blue Sky
(Or maybe the other way around)

Final song:
- Invisible

That's all I have right now

California is made to start

The WOWY/EBW thing is obvious. Is the same bass pattern, and the chord can arrange. Then to Streets there can be a chord progression.

The Troubles/BTBS to me speaks as The Troubels seems the most social of all songs on the album. The intro/outro is creepy. And the "Someone else is in control" line can be interpreted in such ways that Bullet afterwards has sense.

Assuming they can do 26 songs. I don't think it's an unsafe assumption, but maybe it is.

1.) This is Where You Can Reach Me Now
2.) Two Hearts Beat as One (rotate Out of Control and I Will Follow)
3.)Mysterious Ways (rotate full band 1980s Desire)
4.)Beautiful day
5.)Until the End of the World
6.)Every Breaking Wave
7.)Still Haven't Found
8.)California
9.)City of Blinding Lights (rotate In God's Country)
10.)Vertigo
11.)Raised by Wolves
12.)Sunday Bloody Sunday
13.)Bullet the Blue Sky
14.)Running to Standstill
15.)Bad
16.)Pride (rotate New Year's Day)
17.)The Miracle
18.)Volcano (rotate Cedarwood Rd)
19.)Gone
20.)Last Night on Earth
21.)Your Gonna Sleep Like a Baby Tonight
22.)Please
23.)Where The Streets Have No Name
24.)Iris
25.)One
26.)The Troubles/40 (Edge solo extended before 40 snippet, everyone leaves the stage, Larry does the 40 outro).

So, ignore the rotate slots for opening night, obviously and go right down the list I made. The rotates represent what I think would be good for the first 10 shows or so as they get their feet wet. It's by no means an exhaustive list- we definitely should be seeing songs like Exit, October, LIB and ASOH back in the mix as time goes on. And there's no reason not to bring EBTTRT and The Fly back into the mix, etc. It will develop well as they go along, I think.

Apologies if anyone has already suggested this BUT . . .

Raised By Wolves-->
New Years Day

It would work mid-to-late set, no?

I think Exit's lyrics could be snippeted in Raised By Wolves. I just keep picturing the "deeper into black, deeper in white" part as an extra verse of it.

Gone
Exit
The Fly

I. WOULD. DIE.

:drool::drool:

I think The Miracle, followed by Invisible would make a pretty decent start to the show.

I love the song, but I don't know how well Sleep Like A Baby Tonight would go live...

Anyway, I think it's a good bet to say that Song For Someone is a possibility as the "unplugged" song that's become such a staple of U2 shows.

That being said, I also think that it would be really cool if they opened the show with the first few songs off of SOI, sort of like on ZooTV:

1-The Miracle
2-Every Breaking Wave
3-California
4-Song for Someone
5-Iris (Hold Me Close)
6-Magnificent
7-Mysterious Ways
8-The Fly
9-New Year's Day
10-Elevation
11-Beautiful Day
12-Still Haven't Found
13-Angel of Harlem
14-Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
15-Vertigo
16-Volcano
17-Raised By Wolves
18-Cedarwood Road
19-Bullet The Blue Sky
20-This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
-ENCORE BREAK-
21-Invisible
22-One
23-Where The Streets Have No Name
24-The Troubles
25-Bad/All I Want Is You

About 1/3 of this setlist I'm certain won't be played but here is an interesting setlist to say the least:

Intro(Whatever that will be)
1. Invisible
2. City of Blinding Lights or Iris(Hold Me Close)
3. Magnificent
4. Every Breaking Wave
5. God Pt. II/Surrender or A Sort of Homecoming/Unforgettable Fire
6. Red Hill Mining Town or Trip Through Your Wires
7. One
8. Kite or Original of the Species or Sometimes You Cant Make It
9. California(No End To Love)
10.This is Where You Can Reach Me Now
11.Unknown Caller
12.Piano Medly(Bono and Edge)Ordinary Love, So Cruel, October
13.Numb:drool:
14.Lemon:drool:
15.Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses:drool:
16.Cedarwood Rd.
17.Sleep Like A Baby Tonight:drool:
18.Beautiful Day
19.Where the Streets Have No Name
20.Pride(In The Name of Love)

Encore 1:
21.Miracle(Joey Ramone)
22.Vertigo
23.Bad/All I Want is You

Encore 2:
24.Lady With A Spinning Head or Night and Day:drool:
25.Acrobat:drool:or Breathe
26.Mercy:drool:or Please
27.Troubles/Song for Someone(crowd sing along with Bono towards the end)

Although I could see Invisible seguing into Streets also if the setlist had a different order

I notice alot of people seem to like The Miracle of Joey Ramone as the opener. IDK it seems a bit slower but it does have the feel good chorus I guess. Personally I like Invisible better for an opener but that also has some slow moments. Maybe one to open the show and the other the encore.

My perfect setlist . . . Bono drops mic and walks offstage with hands up

1.) The Miracle
2.) California
3.) MOFO
4.) EBTTRT
5.) Mysterious Ways
6.) EBW
7.) Beautiful Day
8.) UTEOTW
9.) Exit
10.) God Part II
11.) Raised by Wolves
12.) Sunday Bloody Sunday
13.) Pride
14.) WTSHNN
15.) In God's Country
16.) Bad

Encore 1

17.) COBL
18.) Vertigo
19.) Volcano
20.) Cedarwood Road
21.) Sleep Like a Baby Tonight
22.) Lemon

Encore 2

23.) Magnificent
24.) One
25.) The Troubles

I think it's quite safe to say that The Miracle will be the opener. Not only is it the first song on the album and the first single, but it is also a song about a moment that basically triggered U2's career. It's a good starting point and I think it would make a good opener.

Invisible could be in the encore or the last song before the encore. "There is no them" should make for a great audience singsang.

It would never happen but Song For Somone would be a nice way for the shows to end. Almost like Bono singing to and about the relationship with the crowd.

The song could start with a very dim lights and the venue could get brighter and brighter as the song goes on until all the house lights are on after Edge's solo. Bono sings the last verse with the house lights on and as he sings the final line "And there is a light don't let it go out..." the lights go out and the show is over.

Invisible
The Miracle
Gloria
California
Beautiful Day
Elevation (I hope Not)
Get On Your Boots (God I hope not)
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Every Breaking Wave
A Song For Someone

Silver And Gold