One more week: who's still in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you still in?

• Yes. I can keep going for one more week.

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • I tried, but then I dug out AB and blissfully caved.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • I didn't even start, ya whack-job.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I'm starting nnnnnnnnnnnow.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
One
More
Week.

I think I can almost stand it. I haven't listened to any U2 except the new stuff since the end of August. It has made the new stuff sweeter, but it has been extra difficult not hearing anything from AB or October or JT for almost three months.

Have you been able to hold out this whole time?

I'm doing just the opposite, M. I'm listening to nothing new but Vertigo - and only when it's on the local station..... I had to try & explain to a dear friend the other night why he MUSTN'T!!!! play a downloaded version of COBL for me over the phone. Even though this friend knows I'm certifiably insane over U2.

Sigh..... it's such a burden to try & carry on conversations about the guys with normal people sometimes. They don't understand me like you PLEBAn Bonoholics do! :lmao: :tongue:

gawd I hope that I can hold out too. So far I have with tons of difficulty NOT downloaded the new album...:crazy: :help:

I may need to head to the Church of U2....and do a whole lotta prayin...:angel:

I went a day without listening to U2 recently.......but it also happened to be a day that I was away and didn't have access to U2......

Just three of us.

music.gif
We are insane. We are the nutcases. We're the ones who gave up U2 even though we didn't have to. There's a choice we're makin'; we're saving our cds.
music.gif

Unfortunately, I also haven't heard the new album. But not because of lack of trying. I just haven't had any luck with the downloads, so I am waiting until next week:sad:

I'm still abstaining from everything but what's already been officially released (i.e. the two Vertigo cd's).

We've waited for over 4 years... what's one more week?!

...and I want to hear the album the way it's meant to be heard, on a CD through my sound system...not from some sub-par download over a pc. Honestly, that would just ruin the whole experince for me.

Enjoy the new album next week, folks!

kawai17 said:
To all you HTDAAB virgins... any particular songs you are looking forward to listening to for the first time?

LAPOE and MD, just because I know how great they'll be (beach clips ;)

I was U2-fasting for a while but i've had a couple of weekend school trips recently and I needed U2 there to keep me sane...i've only heard 2/12 tracks from the new CD though, showing some restraint at least...

HelloAngel said:
Still holding!! :wave:

Yes, but as I recall you said you had no desire to listen to any U2 anyway, even before the challenge started. So it's not really an achievement then... :hmm:

BluRmGrl said:
I'm doing just the opposite, M. I'm listening to nothing new but Vertigo - and only when it's on the local station..... I had to try & explain to a dear friend the other night why he MUSTN'T!!!! play a downloaded version of COBL for me over the phone. Even though this friend knows I'm certifiably insane over U2.

Sigh..... it's such a burden to try & carry on conversations about the guys with normal people sometimes. They don't understand me like you PLEBAn Bonoholics do! :lmao: :tongue:

I'm with ya. I haven't listened to any of the new stuff except for Vertigo and I have heard Mercy but that's not on the abum so it's o.k. I don't want to hear the new stuff untill I have the actuall cd in my hands. Other wise it'd be like knowing what you got for Christmas before opening the presents. Though the last few weeks have been dragging on forever.

martha said:
One
More
Week.

I think I can almost stand it. I haven't listened to any U2 except the new stuff since the end of August. It has made the new stuff sweeter, but it has been extra difficult not hearing anything from AB or October or JT for almost three months.

Have you been able to hold out this whole time?

I don't understand why you have given up old U2 material. I mean the lead up to a new album always seems to be the time where I just oversaturate myself with a bands old material. I have been going through the catalogue over and over since September, listening from Boy right through to ATYCLB and it makes the anticipation for HTDAAB that much more insane.

Re: Re: One more week: who's still in?

Hallucination said:

I don't understand why you have given up old U2 material.

That's because you didn't read my first poll on this from August.

This thread IS NOT about not listening to HTDAAB. It's about giving up old U2 so that when you do hear it again, you actually hear it.

UPDATE: :reject: Forgive me M! I am weak and have been broken.... :sad:

My local radio station announced tonight they were going to be spinning a couple of singles from HTDAAB since they were being leaked on the 'net anyway.... I couldn't help myself!!!! :scream:

I listened all evening and... I have heard two completely f*ckin' amazing, brand spankin' new U2 songs... and it was GOOOOOD!!! :mac: I've gone the to Dark Side & I ain't coming back!!! :evil:

Please pray for my soul & your continued strength. :angel:

Ever yours,
Blu

I'm still in..though not entirely by choice....

(see my post in Where The Album..area about tonight's BBC Radio One from Dublin show. the thread for people who have just heard that perf.....can anybody help me with a "compilation Cd' please?? PLEASE see my post there...the library is closing in 2 min so I don't have time to repost...

BluRmGrl said:

My local radio station announced tonight they were going to be spinning a couple of singles from HTDAAB since they were being leaked on the 'net anyway.... I couldn't help myself!!!! :scream:

New U2 doesn't count. It's only old U2 we're abstaining from. So if you haven't listened to anything you already own, you're still in. I've listened to all the new stuff I can. I'm looking forward to putting JT back in the rotation!

Back
Top Bottom