One Campaign and incorporation into show...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
What does everyone think about the talk of the audience being able to use their cell phones to SMS a message during the performance of "One" and to have their names displayed on a screen behind the band?

Personally, I think it will ruin the experience that is 'One'. And who can make sure that no offensive language doesn't make it up onto the screen, or commercials, etc.?

There's a place and a time for everything, but cell phones during One is not it.

interesting point. IT will be tough to contain what is being said during "One." Then they have to decide, what is appropriate and what is not....

What If text message "Count me in, I want to help with Africa. For shizzle my nizzle!!!" That will make a few people laugh and get a kick of it. Should people really be lauging out loud during the performance of "One?"

honestly, I think if its done right it could be a good thing. If.....

another thing, I'm all for Bono and his works in Africa, I really am...however, sometimes I wish he would separate his work and his speeches from the music. :reject:

As much as I enjoy some of his 5 min. speeches before ONE, I liked it best during ZooTV when he would just grab his guitar and say "this is one." And the band kicks in to the greatest song ever.

Should prove interesting how they conduct it, that's for sure.

Though personally, I think we could do without One in the setlist. Yeah, I'm in a minority, but I think it's run its course and it's time for something better.

bathiu said:
:eyebrow: I feel the same about WOWY and Bad... but I can never get enough of One...

I'm tired of One. It's just ceased to be of interest to me. I love Bad in any incarnation, though, and if they could please get WOWY back to how it sounded in its glory days, I'd never ask again for its removal.

I like the live version of One and the extra verse. *shrugs* I don't like the studio version much, though.

Back
Top Bottom