on Danger Mouse's production

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still think Danger Mouses work has been traditionally boring as shit. Unless there's heavy hip hop influences like U2 bullshitted about with Rza in the 90s I'm not excited

Do you purposefully choose the most obtuse interpretation of other people's statements?

Wanting to hear a record by a (bird) shitty band is.

Seems I nailed it. It was the liking a band thingy.

Not obtuse. Laser sharp.

"Gonna Run 2 U" should know better. Liking a band some person doesn't like, disliking a producer some person really likes.

The stones on him/her. How dare they.

food for thought on the new Danger Mouse album, from the "Danger Mouse, That Dude" blog

I just took a closer look at the track times for “After the Disco” as they’re listed on iTunes…

It’s a long album! Just a hair over 45 minutes. That’s a change for DM - he’s been quoted in the past as saying his ideal album length is between 33 and 36 minutes.

I cant imagine a 35 minute U2 album.. wouldn't allow for any 5 minute mid-tempo songs! their bread and butter.

That's an interesting thought. I think the person behind that blog also posted on atu2 with some predictions on what a Danger Mouse-produced u2 album would be like, and one of their points was that DM prefers shorter, to the point songs.

With u2's apparent aim to have 'lots of hits' or whatever, the band could go along with that idea (most radio hits are pretty short, not like the 7-minute long MOS), and we could well get an album much shorter than NLOTH.

I guess maybe it's a sign of my age that even a 45 minute record seems a little short. Seems like most of my faves are right up around 60.

I guess maybe it's a sign of my age that even a 45 minute record seems a little short. Seems like most of my faves are right up around 60.

Young age then. 60 plus minutes records are typical of the digital age.

Back
Top Bottom