Oh snap! Shut down by Bono.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree wi marko about larry. He was too busy looking for the letters taped on his keyboard to notice. He was smiling as he turned to walk then had adouble take of the situation as he paseed then the larry grin.
Fair play to bono. ad probably have nailed her there and then!!

Yeah - how could Larry even know what had happened with the girl? He wasn't paying attention to them. I don't think he was pissed.

Writing in the defence of us Plebans, when this clip was posted on Pleba, under the YouTube megamerge thread, most of us condemned this girl's behavior and that they would never dream of putting Bono in such an awkward situation!! :grumpy: I personally thought it was hilarious!! :lol:

neutral said:

WTF?? No, it's not "made up", and not from PLEBA. As I already said in the post you quoted, A/V forum.

It IS made up! You better watch it again then before you go talking about what he said as you weren't even close to what he really said.

hcbiggs2002 said:
most of us condemned this girl's behavior

Don't these kind of things happen during a rock n' roll show? OMG there was a drunk girl on stage trying to kiss Bono! What has this world come to?? :ohmy:

Last edited:
markoajda said:

It IS made up! You better watch it again then before you go talking about what he said as you weren't even close to what he really said.

Stop being rude to neutral. She even said, "I think it was". She's just trying to be helpful in this thread...which is nice, as opposed to the oh-so (yet not-so) subtle PLEBA bashing I witnessed elsewhere in this thread.

hcbiggs2002 said:
Writing in the defence of us Plebans, when this clip was posted on Pleba, under the YouTube megamerge thread, most of us condemned this girl's behavior and that they would never dream of putting Bono in such an awkward situation!! :grumpy: I personally thought it was hilarious!! :lol:

exactly!

good for Bono:up:

markoajda said:

Don't these kind of things happen during a rock n' roll show? OMG there was a drunk girl on stage trying to kiss Bono! What has this world come to?? :ohmy:

Hey, I'm only reporting what was said, so drop the sarcasm mate! :madwife: A lot of people here would tar us Plebans with the same brush as this girl! And I just wanted to put the record straight! :grumpy:

It's nice to see that Bono didn't want to give in, no matter how pretty (and maybe drunk) the girl was. Definitely the wrong song to be that clingy. I think he even says so himself.

Is it just me or was some guy screaming "LARDENCE! LARDENCE!" at the end of that clip when Larry passed?

that first vidoe is obnoxious . I would hope that the people who get up on stage with u2 act with some grace and dignity but it’s not always the case. One show I saw last year the girl was more concerned with showing off to her boyfriend and friends that she hardly looked at the band - it was rude and made her look bad.

I guess it is always a gamble as to who Bono pulls up on stage with him, which is why he probably picks the same fans multiple times. But then again we should have another thread complaining about that fact:crack:

The second one: too funny.

The first one: On further review..yah, I think Larry was laughing.

I didn't even have to click on the You Tube link. I read the first few posts and thought, "I bet it's that obnoxious Ms. Grabby Hands from Vancouver."

waynetravis said:
she did'nt look very pleased when she climbed off stage.
I don't think she climbed off the stage so much as she was pulled off :lol: You can hear security yelling at her and see her get yanked away from him when she's trying to kiss him :p

I just love the idea that he didn't take advantage of the situation, and acted gentlemanly. Her hands were not in the proper places, he takes her hands and pulls them up and then does the slow dance thingy.

Girls should understand, let him lead and you will propably have the experience of a lifetime!!!

Chizip said:
this chick chasing him around the ellipse is still the best one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqGnMwhn1sA

LOL... that clip is crazy. The girl chasing him looks like a playboy playmate or something - and if you watch, as she approaches Bono and the other girl she purposely pulls her pants down further to show off her underwear. Something tells me Bono didn't realize he was about to dance down the ellipse with someone so obviously trashy.

Remember all the speculation about why Bono seemed to be picking a lot of the same girls to dance with at different shows? I think we now know why he plays it safe. :wink:

Kildare said:

LOL... that clip is crazy. The girl chasing him looks like a playboy playmate or something - and if you watch, as she approaches Bono and the other girl she purposely pulls her pants down further to show off her underwear. Something tells me Bono didn't realize he was about to dance down the ellipse with someone so obviously trashy.

If I recall, he picked a different girl, this crazy one picked herself. Think she was kicked out of the arena too. I was behind the stage but was mostly watching the other guys reactions to what was going on.

Kildare said:

well this is her myspace page

http://www.myspace.com/dazza_delrio

one of her blog entries

"Wednesday, May 10, 2006

BONO 46TH B-DAY!!

HAPPY 46th B-DAY "BONO" If you know anything about me, you know I LOVE !!! ME SOME BONO!! So much I had the audience launch me onto the stage. SEE NO SHOES!!LOL... GOOD TIMES!!!!!!!!!!"

:wink:

The Disciple said:
Why the hell was he having somebody dancing up there during YAHWEH of all songs?

she pretty much forced herself up. if you listen to the beginning of the clip he said it wasn't the right time. but eventually he relented and let her up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom