Official Pre-Sale Info - U2.Com - GENERAL DISCUSSION & INFO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when you sign up, just make sure that you sign up for both Live Nation and My Live Nation accounts. you must use the same email address but they won't let you use the same login for both, so make sure to write them down.

Am I doing this right?

OK when I go to Live Nation | Concert Tickets and Concert Tour Dates, I click My Account near the top right. Then I see two columns: My Tickets and My Live Nation. For starts, I click the Continue butten under My Tickets on the left. I sign in. It shows me my contact info, billing address, and shipping address (which I have already filled in). All good there. Then I click back back back until I get back to the My Account screen. This time I click Continue under My Live Nation. I click the Sign In button on the left (it has my e-mail address and a password so I must've done this before?). It signs me in and says Welcome to My Live Nation and at the top it says "Hi, Lies".

So does that mean I'm all set?

sorry if this has ben bought up previously in the thread....
does anyone know at one stage your pre-sale code counts as "used"?
i want to see if there are still GAs available for Amsterdam but the first thing it asks me to do is put in the code before i can see what is available.
if i put in the code but then don't buy tickets will it still count my code as used???
does anyone know?

that's my story too. mine lapsed for 2 years, signed up again last Friday, and i'm "Horizon".

wtf! mine lapsed for 3 days (i was away over the deadline)
been a paid member every year since 2004 when it started, i miss the deadline by 3 days and i'm a boots member
spoke to fanfire, they said theyr'e nothing they can do about it
wtf

sorry if this has ben bought up previously in the thread....
does anyone know at one stage your pre-sale code counts as "used"?
i want to see if there are still GAs available for Amsterdam but the first thing it asks me to do is put in the code before i can see what is available.
if i put in the code but then don't buy tickets will it still count my code as used???
does anyone know?

Someone said that is not the case until you push the buy button. But then again, people say a lot.

Am I doing this right?

OK when I go to Live Nation | Concert Tickets and Concert Tour Dates, I click My Account near the top right. Then I see two columns: My Tickets and My Live Nation. For starts, I click the Continue butten under My Tickets on the left. I sign in. It shows me my contact info, billing address, and shipping address (which I have already filled in). All good there. Then I click back back back until I get back to the My Account screen. This time I click Continue under My Live Nation. I click the Sign In button on the left (it has my e-mail address and a password so I must've done this before?). It signs me in and says Welcome to My Live Nation and at the top it says "Hi, Lies".

So does that mean I'm all set?

sounds like you are all set. as long as you have logins for both, you should be good to go! :)

Cool, I *think* I have both b/c one logs in with my e-mail address and the other has a username (but both have the same e-mail address in the contact info), so I'm assuming I did both.

I suppose I could :hmm: but perhaps they'll cancel my code before the pre-sale or somehow void my tickets. And maybe we wouldn't be able to re-subscribe for next year's tour. Not sure it's worth the chance. I guess I'll post on Zootopia & hopefully get an answer!

Pssst.

I still say you are wrong about this. You buy a U2 membership. The membership is good for a year. That means if you buy your membership today......it expires in 2010.

If you don't use your code at all for the first legs of this tour......you can use your code for the next legs. No resubscription necessary. You only resubscribe when your U2 membership expires.

Ex...last year....bought a subscription right when the boys went on tour.

Didn't use the code 1st leg.
Didn't use the code 2nd leg.
Calendar year changed.
3rd leg used the code and bought Detroit tickets no problem.

Did anyone with a Boots presale try for really good seats, like the first 10 rows near the stage? GA sounds impossible to get at this point, I would think everyone with a presale would get great seats for a stadium show?! :sexywink:

So I'm in the 'Boots' group, and I got the email about the Amsterdam/Milan pre-sale at 6:41 am today. Which, if my math is correct, was 3 hours and 45 minutes before the pre-sale began (local Amsterdam time).

I'm sure that everyone looking for those tickets knew today was the day already.. but theres something wrong with notifying people on extreme short notice :down:

HAHA I agree, is Boots presale for 2nd or 3rd day? I thought it was for the 2nd day....but according to Bajagirl it's the 3rd:

IF YOU WERE A PAID SUBSCRIBER AS OF 3/08/09 YOU WILL BE IN EITHER DAY 1 OR DAY 2 OF THE PRESALE. If you joined on 3/09/09 or after you will be on DAY 3 of the presale.

wtf! mine lapsed for 3 days (i was away over the deadline)
been a paid member every year since 2004 when it started, i miss the deadline by 3 days and i'm a boots member
spoke to fanfire, they said theyr'e nothing they can do about it
wtf

yeah, i'm not sure how that happened. though i was a Prop member since 1996, so that could have helped.

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy tickets from Livenation.com if you live outside of US/Canada. I tried to set up a "My Tickets" account yesterday but the only options in the Country dropdown were US & Canada.

I've emailed Livenation customer service but haven't heard back yet.

Also, I'm getting a little confused as to who might be dealing with what when it comes to US general sales. Does anyone know if it is likely to be Livenation that handles all the sales or Ticketmaster.com?

Thanks in advance :)

IF YOU WERE A PAID SUBSCRIBER AS OF 3/08/09 YOU WILL BE IN EITHER DAY 1 OR DAY 2 OF THE PRESALE. If you joined on 3/09/09 or after you will be on DAY 3 of the presale.

:mad: What happened to the second half of day 2? The information this chick rolls out makes my head hurt. I can't read a complete post by her.

So I'm in the 'Boots' group, and I got the email about the Amsterdam/Milan pre-sale at 6:41 am today. Which, if my math is correct, was 3 hours and 45 minutes before the pre-sale began (local Amsterdam time).

I'm sure that everyone looking for those tickets knew today was the day already.. but theres something wrong with notifying people on extreme short notice :down:

The email for the Horizon presale was sent at 4.45 am, so yeah, they don't like emailing in advance apparently.

....this presale is driving me nuts, hopefully when north american tour dates are on sale u2.com will have everything sorted out. :huh:

hmmmm.... this is interesting.. it relates to the matter of pre-sales for M "still fecking crap after all these years" Jackson's gigs...As you know, MJ has announced his gigs at London's O2 arena this July with 10 shows and added a further 14 nights (yep, 24 nights in all! :huh: too much imo) I culled this from BBC news website:

"Singer Michael Jackson has added more dates....

The veteran pop star recently revealed 10 dates, but after pre-sale tickets sold out on Tuesday, 14 more dates have been announced on his website....

Additional codes were being issued as new shows were added, the organisers said. Registration was being dealt with on a first come, first served basis.

The pre-ticket sale will close on Thursday, or until they have all been sold.

The rest of the tickets will go on sale to the general public from 0700 GMT on Friday."

This leads me to question whether U2.com would allow additional pre-sale codes to be issued to existing subscribers (horizon/breathe/boots) once the allocation of pre-sale show tickets at a single show have sold out and new dates announced for the same city... hm, it can work as the technology is there and they would allow fans another chance to attend the gigs they failed to get tickets for in the first place. hmmm...

But, to be honest with ya, I dont really think that will happen cos the pre sales are now underway for Milan, Amsterdam and Gothenburg and more to come.. and besides we would probably have the same problems as the last tour (Vertigo) where it would become an almighty mess..

Anyone agree/disagree with extra codes for extra dates?

Pssst.

I still say you are wrong about this. You buy a U2 membership. The membership is good for a year. That means if you buy your membership today......it expires in 2010.

If you don't use your code at all for the first legs of this tour......you can use your code for the next legs. No resubscription necessary. You only resubscribe when your U2 membership expires.

Ex...last year....bought a subscription right when the boys went on tour.

Calendar year changed.

haha, thanks Mark but this is actually about a different topic -
I accidentally purchased two subscriptions in my bf's name (not going to write it in case U2.com reads it :wink: )& the Terms & Conditions of U2.com stipulate you can only have one membership or you're liable to have your membership and presale code cancelled.

I don't know whether to cancel one or perhaps put one in his cousin's name, as he suggested today. What do you think?

....this presale is driving me nuts, hopefully when north american tour dates are on sale u2.com will have everything sorted out. :huh:

Presale for Amsterdam went smoothly..

Apparently some people who were non-paying-members of u2.com reported problems for not having received a presale code who complained about things not being arrange properly :doh:
How stupid can you be??

When you're a paying member you'll get your code either by mail and it is visible in your profile..
As said earlier, a very smooth presale.. thumbs up for u2.com:up:

haha, thanks Mark but this is actually about a different topic -
I accidentally purchased two subscriptions in my bf's name (not going to write it in case U2.com reads it :wink: )& the Terms & Conditions of U2.com stipulate you can only have one membership or you're liable to have your membership and presale code cancelled.

I don't know whether to cancel one or perhaps put one in his cousin's name, as he suggested today. What do you think?

..don't worry about that.... here in Holland in the Dutch u2-fan-groups many people have 2 subscriptions (on the wife's name, or on the name of one of the kids)... no problem ordering an extra set of presale tix... ...people use the extra tix to swap them for other shows that will not be in the presale..

.. It is expected that the second Amsterdam show will go on sale right after the first one sells out.....

..don't worry about that.... here in Holland in the Dutch u2-fan-groups many people have 2 subscriptions (on the wife's name, or on the name of one of the kids)... no problem ordering an extra set of presale tix... ...people use the extra tix to swap them for other shows that will not be in the presale..

.. It is expected that the second Amsterdam show will go on sale right after the first one sells out.....

Thanks but I ordered both subscriptions in my bf's name as I didn't know he had the original one. I suppose I could change the name in the profile to his cousin, even though the user name would still be my bf's...Hmmm...

Calendar year changed.

The calendar year didn't change. Vertigo's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd legs all went on sale in 2005. January 2005 for the 1st and 2nd, and the 3rd was a few months later.

The calendar year didn't change. Vertigo's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd legs all went on sale in 2005. January 2005 for the 1st and 2nd, and the 3rd was a few months later.

Verigo tour did not begin until March 28, 2005... right?

I had a conversation with someone at Fanfire today about information on U2.com. Here is the end of the conversation:
FF: Hm...you're right, it does say that online.
Me: So the website is wrong?
FF: Well...I'd say it's misleading.
:doh: She never was able to clarify why it was 'misleading' and not 'wrong.' I wish things were more organized!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom