Official Pre-Sale Info - U2.Com - GENERAL DISCUSSION & INFO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver when do you think the UK presale will start, next tuesday like the Dublin dates?

Possibly. They were all originally listed for general sale on the 20th. Paris, Nice, and Dublin were originally listed for the 20th before U2.com took down almost all of the dates, so nothing has changed there. It wouldn't shock me if U2.com just restores the old information in this case too, which makes me wonder why they hell they've replaced it with "on sale soon" in the first place.

So if it is the 20th, then the presale would very probably be the 17th.

But besides the old, removed U2.com dates, I unfortunately have no firm information to go on.

I'm wondering if I should spend the money on renewing my subscription to U2.com, since it's lapsed from the last tour. I'd be third in line, plus I'm disabled and not even sure if GA is going to be feasible for me, like being able to see at all. Obviously I'd like to try, cuz being up front is where it's at : ) As usual, I'm just trying for tickets for myself, local to CA area. (Wish I had the funds to travel to Dublin and such!) Should I just try to get tix thru this site? Or maybe if there's anyone else just trying for themselves that I can pay to get GAs for this area when they come up? Last time I think I traded seats thru Ticketmaster for GAs. I forget. But I managed to get the GAs no thanks to my subscription heh.

I have a question. My friend is just now resubscribing to U2.com. Is it too late for her to be in the "Boots" group? Just wondering. I couldn't find if there was a cut-off date for the presale and resubscribing on U2.com .:hmm:

I have a question. My friend is just now resubscribing to U2.com. Is it too late for her to be in the "Boots" group? Just wondering. I couldn't find if there was a cut-off date for the presale and resubscribing on U2.com .:hmm:

According to the sticky on the u2.com forum posted by Bajagirl.

IF YOU WERE A PAID SUBSCRIBER AS OF 3/08/09 YOU WILL BE IN EITHER DAY 1 OR DAY 2 OF THE PRESALE. If you joined on 3/09/09 or after you will be on DAY 3 of the presale.

Also, there is NO cut-off date for access to the pre-sale. If you open a paid account on U2.com you will get a presale code. However, depending on your seniority, is when you will be able to buy your pre-sale tickets. So, the most senior members get first crack, which means best choice (SEE ABOVE). If you let your account lapse for any reason (lost wallet, alien abduction, forgot to renew, tornado hit house,etc...) and you just renewed, joined or upgraded your account, you do get a presale, but it is on the third day.

I am looking to get 2 GA tickets for Dublin 25th. I am a Horizon member but unable to make te pre-sale in the morning, assuming that will start tomorrow.

- What is the timeframe for Horizon members to buy their pre-sale tickets. Will it still be possible to get them late in the afternoon or does the pre-sale ‘close’ at a certain time?

- Will it be possible for a Horizon member to buy during the Breathe timeframe?

- Any clue as to the chance that GA tickets will be available during Breathe?

Does anyone have a clue based on last week’s pre-sales or whatever other info is out there?

U2.com has the UK on sale dates back up as 20th March but as yet it doesn't have the presale links up. Hopefully they will sort this out later today and send an email also containing the links as I need to book the morning off work if the presale starts tomorrow as it should do.

pre-sale confirmed on ticketmaster:

Ireland (2)
Fri 24/07/09
18:30 Croke Park
Dublin U2 More Info »
presale begins:Tue 17/03/09
10:00
Sat 25/07/09
18:30 Croke Park
Dublin U2 More Info »
presale begins:Tue 17/03/09
10:00

- What is the timeframe for Horizon members to buy their pre-sale tickets. Will it still be possible to get them late in the afternoon or does the pre-sale ‘close’ at a certain time?

You shouldn't have any problem buying your tickets late in the afternoon Horizon members have all of the first day to buy there tickets.

Of course that doesn't guarantee what will be available as the day progresses. It appears everyone and their uncle is going to Dublin.

Last edited:
The presales run for a bit over 48 hours. Horizon gets in on the morning of day 1, Breathe on the morning of day 2 (i.e. 24 hours after Horizon), Boots in the afternoon of day 2 (I think five hours after Breathe), and it closes midday day 3. Horizon can still buy once Breathe gets in and both can still buy once Boots gets in.

The presales run for a bit over 48 hours. Horizon gets in on the morning of day 1, Breathe on the morning of day 2 (i.e. 24 hours after Horizon), Boots in the afternoon of day 2 (I think five hours after Breathe), and it closes midday day 3. Horizon can still buy once Breathe gets in and both can still buy once Boots gets in.

Ok, thanks for the info. Guess I'll just have to see what's left for me tomorrow then. And I got Paris as a backup plan should Dublin not work out.

It appears everyone and their uncle is going to Dublin.

Always baffles me why so many people want to go to Dublin.
Its extremely expensive,the hotels are ripping people off,and the sound in Croke Park is poor.
I'm Irish and I've actually gone abroad the last few tours ,Manchester,Berlin and Barcelona and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the shows.
I was also at the Slane and Croke Park gigs last time.
I think its a myth that the Irish shows are better than elsewhere,the opposite if anything.

Personally I feel Dublin is too expensive for me to go there. I gladly take tickets for shows in cities that are not so expensive and are easy for me to reach. I am scared of the whole Dublin buzz and the date is also quite inconvenient for me. I don't see the whole Dublin mythology either, but I wish everyone going good luck with tickets and a great time in Dublin.

Always baffles me why so many people want to go to Dublin.
Its extremely expensive,the hotels are ripping people off,and the sound in Croke Park is poor.
I'm Irish and I've actually gone abroad the last few tours ,Manchester,Berlin and Barcelona and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the shows.
I was also at the Slane and Croke Park gigs last time.
I think its a myth that the Irish shows are better than elsewhere,the opposite if anything.

Cause of the experience. The whole hometown idea. And it's a good excuse for a vacation in Ireland.

Did you guys get an email from u2.com about the Dublin/Paris/Nice presale? I did not, and it's got me a wee bit concerned. I got one about the first presale (Milan/Amst/Goth), and the only email I've received from u2.com since was one "announcing the U2 360 Tour" and encouraging me to subscribe. Anyone else experience this?

Did you guys get an email from u2.com about the Dublin/Paris/Nice presale? I did not, and it's got me a wee bit concerned. I got one about the first presale (Milan/Amst/Goth), and the only email I've received from u2.com since was one "announcing the U2 360 Tour" and encouraging me to subscribe. Anyone else experience this?

U2.com sent out an email mentioning the presales, along with other updates, videos, etc. It wasn't the formal "presale email".

a couple quick questions.

i only have Internet Explorer at work. does everything work well with Explorer? are there any pop-up settings i need to tweak at all? should i put in an I.T. request to have Firefox installed and lie about needing it for a work project?

thanks!

The last email I received was dated March 14th. It says a presale will open this week for Paris, Nice, and both Dublin shows. Then it says this:

We'll be emailing you with relevant ticketing links for those dates but keep an eye on the site on Monday - word is there might be other on-sale dates announced.

The last email I received was dated March 14th. It says a presale will open this week for Paris, Nice, and both Dublin shows. Then it says this:

We'll be emailing you with relevant ticketing links for those dates but keep an eye on the site on Monday - word is there might be other on-sale dates announced.

Interesting...I didn't get that one. Thanks for posting.

Presale - can you use another CC and address at ticketbuying ?

Presale question:
Is it possible to use an other credit card and another address at actually buying the tickets at the ticketmaster site than with the one you signed up at u2.com? or will those tickets be cancelled by ticketmaster/u2.com?
I remember at the vertigo tour after the presale u2.com anounced: 4 tix per creditcard/address/person or something like that and that they cancelled tickets in the UK.

Similar question... is that whole 1 show limit going to be the same again when they go on general sale? The description seems not this time, but it's still not clear - "6 tickets per person/transaction". I'm hoping to go a few shows but had to get friends/family to use their cards and addresses on the vertigo show cos of the limit! Don't want to risk having my tickets cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom