Official Countdown to VERTIGO single release..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello hello........HEY
You know theres 23 days until Vertigo.....
Lights go Down and everybody knows
That U2, will give us something........
I can feel you.........

Let's hope for the 30sec snipit in the next couple o' weeks! the tension is a risin'!

officially its 3 weeks to the day until its released. By the way things are going at the moment, it's going to be a lot sooner than that though, probably next week until the full version is leaked from careless radio DJ's!!

GO (insert unspecified album name here) GO!!

AussieU2fanman said:
18 days left until the OFFICAL RELEASE. Of course, the clip is guaranteed to be leaked by Friday ie. less than four days!

That's just insane if that happens. :drool:

It seems like yesterday when we were all bitching about how long it was going to take to hear the new stuff. :ohmy:

lol looks like its back to square one. But hold on the line folks, we just need some staff at the radio station and maybe they'll play it. But officially, its 17 days :(

3 days people!!!!

BTW, how do you know for sure it we be aired on the 10th? Was it officially announced or something? I don't mean to be a pessimist, but I was cheated out of my Vertigo once already.

Vertigo-a-go-go baby!!!!

Last edited:
shart1780 said:
3 days people!!!!

BTW, how do you know for sure it we be aired on the 10th? Was it officially announced or something? I don't mean to be a pessimist, but I was cheated out of my Vertigo once already.

Vertigo-a-go-go baby!!!!

Ditto on that, any idea of where that came from?

Last edited:
last week BBC 1 said they have it and are sure to play it next week (This Friday at the latest, I'm just being safe). It was mentioned by several people on this forum, so it's true.

OzAurora said:
hey what time is it going to be played on the BBC site, can you listen to it on the net, I will get up in the middle of the night to listen to this:wink:

I would like to know that too, as I am sure that I can't get it on the radio seeing as I'm all the way here in Cali....

There is another thread about this.
Someone emailed the station, and they got an email back saying nothing will be played until the 24th. Sorry to burst bubbles but unfortunately we have to wait:mad:

No more reports of this being played early :( .
I am starting to believe that U2 actually have a tight hold on things this time round, their 10mill promotion plan is gonna be well planned by the looks of it.
Ok then, it's officially 14.5 days till it's gonna be played here in Australia, this waits gonna torture me. But I still don't get how they can have a 6 week difference between the radio release and the single release. They must have an ace up their sleeves.
14.5 days left! Well over halfway since the countdown started!

GO VERTIGO GO!!

The rumour is they'll release Vertigo to Itunes on the 27th of September giving them just over a month of downloads, then come November you'll be able to buy all the CD's with all the b-sides and the DVD single as well (they know you'll buy it, let's face it, the download just ain't gonna be enough). If this is true, it's very clever marketing.

I mean if you look at it, you have the single radio / Itunes (if true) release Sept, the video will premier on MTV October, the CD single release the start of Nov and then the album a couple of weeks after that. That's a lot of U2 over the next few months. If you look at it that way, it's not madness to play Vertigo on the radio in a couple o' weeks.

Last edited:
Geez seems like a bit of a one-man conga line over here. 13 days until the worldwide radio release and less than 6 days until the teaser! WOOOO!

GO VERTIGO GO!!

I second the WOOOO! :D

Thanks for keeping the thread going, AussieU2fanman.

I think that the indie radio scam disappointment temporarily dampened some of the pre-release hysteria, but I'm sure that excitement is building back up again as we speak. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom