Ode to Stalin: Cult of Personality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
"Stalinism"

After the Curtain has fallen over the Red sky
May your nights become a stream of dark epilogues
Drowning you in the shapeless waves of reproach
Drink the lithium moonlight from the sky's loaded gun
Swim you evil fuck -- in your Death.

Great Stuff!

I've always wanted to write something like that about Hitler or Franco, but never had the 'poison pen' so to speak. Have you ever noticed how Napoleon has always been lumped together with these figures and I've always found it puzzling- He was no worse than King George III in my opinion.

BTW Wanderer are you a journo? I'm studying final year high school and am on the shortlist for a cadetship at the local daily. Wondering if I could ask you about it.

all these writers in our midst...

such rich stuff, my friend
those lines are bubbling over with power and then that last line..hits you like a mac truck

Brettig!!! Oh my goodness...you are so mature! I swear I thought you were a lot older than that. A writer Id say you'll be. Good luck with the cadetship

thanks brettig...

Napolean, funny I always liked Bonaparte... I had my picture taken in front of his statue in Versailles... how cool is that, huh? Me and Napolean
smile.gif

anyway, I don't know if I can be much help to you, but if you want you can email me at
zootopia@u2dublin.com and I will try and help you, but I never really went the traditional journalist route, I studied English/ Literature in college

------------------
I went out there
In search of experience
To taste and to touch
And to feel as much
As a man can
Before he repents

oh, hadn't seen your comments yet zooropamanda, thanks, one of those moments at the Uni when I was feeling a bit idealistic, and thinking about how fuckers like Stalin have raped humanity with their evil

My knowledge comes with drawbacks to weigh down the advantages, Zooropamanda. They periodically call me 'Old Man' at school
frown.gif

------------------
auzzy Fan

yep daniel, it's funny you pointed this out to me earlier as one of your first recollections of my poems here, because this is one of my favourites, maybe because it's a bit uncharacteristic of my style (or lack there of), but enough of the past revisited, I just wanted to thank you for your words earlier today, they mean a lot... and it makes me think that maybe I have recovered a bit of faith in this place, or maybe I never lost it -- there are some great people in here...

and as for your progress as a writer, well I don't think that I've really been much help to you, but I think you're getting along quite well on your own
smile.gif

you have that irrepressible combination of talent and intellect, all you were ever really missing were the sights and experiences, which I know frustrates you, but that will come -- very soon (call it a work in progress), anyways, there's quite a lot most of us haven't seen, don't let anyone fool you into thinking they "have seen it all" (well, except maybe Bono 'cause he's very clever like that)

this place has been quite an experience, it's taught me a lot, and I'm not ready to throw it away, just learned a lesson maybe

thanks again,
Craig

Thanx, yep i have time on my side at least, and im grateful for that...interesting how things pan out, how my research of Marx made me think of this poem...

As for US Open interviewers, all I saw was Pam Shriver asking Lleyton if it was up to Kim as to how late he stayed outta bed b4 the final, TMI
eek.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom