October 3, 2009 - Raleigh - North Carolina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, that was me (same guy as C-Ville). That was clearly the most amazing moment of my life. I still haven't quite recovered!! I am off to head up to NY for the show tonight. When I get a chance I'll post a more in-depth story about the whole thing. Please post any pictures or clips you might have of People Get Ready!!!

Wow congrats!! You sounded great!! What a fantatic show.

OK, that was me (same guy as C-Ville). That was clearly the most amazing moment of my life. I still haven't quite recovered!! I am off to head up to NY for the show tonight. When I get a chance I'll post a more in-depth story about the whole thing. Please post any pictures or clips you might have of People Get Ready!!!

omg! well done!! that was awesome!! if that was me i would've froze and gone "what? what?! sing?? what?? what?? wtf?!?!! where am i?!?!" :D

Amazing show! Some of my photos...

P1090126.JPG

P1080930.JPG

P1090139.JPG

P1090421.JPG

P1090324.JPG

P1090427.JPG

P1090023.JPG

Pick given to me by Bono's guitar tech. From Philip Docherty.....Looks like it's been used a bit. Two were thrown at me. I managed to drop one and someone else grabbed it. Looks a bit different than the Vertigo one I have.

8223_294252715446_512545446_9107460_615639_n.jpg

The real pick is different from a "tour pick". Those are picks that are given out to fans to commemorate the tour. They aren't used to strum guitars at all......but they sure look pretty. I took a picture of this one in the GA line. It doesn't belong to me.

8223_293987150446_512545446_9101951_6602042_n.jpg

Is there any video (HD prefered) of muses first song? Only missed the first minute or so. Muse setlist?

I got there at 5 PM, and was front row rail in front of Adam. Exactly where I wanted to be. Could have been about 3 or 4 back if we went center. People behind me got there at 8 AM. People next to me 6 AM. It's all how fast you get scanned, get thru the line and book it to the front row. I don't know why people are lining up all day. If anyone has ramp pics please post them! Bono was out for a very long time.

Wow!!! Awesome :applaud: Can't wait to read your story :up:

And great pics everyone!

What is that thing on the back of Larry's neck?

He used to have them on his arm during the Vertigo tour. He's spoken often about his bad posture and aches and pains. After he played Toronto, the Sun had an interview with him and he was seeing a Toronto doctor. It looks like a tensor type bandage that sticks to your skin - self adhesive athletic wrap maybe.

Great photos and reviews everyone. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

He used to have them on his arm during the Vertigo tour. He's spoken often about his bad posture and aches and pains. After he played Toronto, the Sun had an interview with him and he was seeing a Toronto doctor. It looks like a tensor type bandage that sticks to your skin - self adhesive athletic wrap maybe.

Yes that sounds familiar. I read somewhere that it's to help keep his head/neck upright.

I thought it was a scar from when the aliens implanted a chip in the back of his neck.

Kidding :wink: Poor Larry. :hug:

I love seeing everyone's photos and hearing about everyone's experience last night! Wow, wow, wow! I still can’t process what a great experience Raleigh was! My husband and I drove up from Florida Friday night for the show and it was well worth the drive.

We got to the stadium about 3:00pm. We decided to go buy my merch so I could take it back to the car. As we were leaving, I heard sirens and saw the black SUV. I know my husband thought I was insane, but I dragged him along to check it out. Sure enough, we saw Bono walking up the ramp. Brian Williams from NBC News was with him as well.

BonoBrianWilliams2.jpg

I’m such a nerd-- I had been waiting for this moment since I was a little girl watching Rattle & Hum everyday-- so of course when Bono was near, I was totally lost for words, had no pen and my memory stick was somehow full-- I spent more time deleting old photos than taking new photos!

Bono1.jpg

Bono2.jpg

We got in line close to 5:00pm-- heard the soundcheck and realized there weren’t enough people in front of us (we were GA) so my husband asked, yep wrong line. We then moved to the GA line that seemed to have no end. GA rookies...

Shortly after finding the end of the GA line, they started letting folks in. We were debating about where to stand and once we got on the field, I told my husband I wanted to try to get next to the stage (we’re both short and didn’t know how the view would be that close). We found a less populated area on Edge's side, which was where I wanted to be. I'm glad we got to the stadium early because traffic was apparently a nightmare closer to show time (as it was after the show).

U2 was beyond amazing! I thought it was a pretty good mix of songs. There are plenty of songs I would have liked to have heard, but I think the band and crowd were great last night so the setlist worked.

I think I'm in the minority, but I really, really enjoy the Crazy remix. I had been listening to Milan 1 for a while before the show and didn’t care for it, but live, it was fun. I was also glad to hear In a Little While. I'd never heard Ultraviolet live, so that was great, too.

I am so disappointed that my camera battery started to die soon after they hit the stage. I had a perfect view of njelevation06 singing People Get Ready. You were great, btw! I have a couple pics of Bono leading up to your moment-- they aren't the best, though.

BonoPeopleGetReady.jpg

BonoPeopleGetReady2.jpg

A few more pics, all of Edge. :up:
Edge3.jpg

Edge6.jpg

Edge5.jpg

Edge4.jpg

EdgeBW.jpg

Going to Tampa Friday, can't wait! If I didn’t have 21 Kindergarteners to teach, we'd be going to ATL Tuesday. Can’t wait for the summer shows wherever they may be-- no school to miss! :applaud:

We got to the stadium about 3:00pm. We decided to go buy my merch so I could take it back to the car. As we were leaving, I heard sirens and saw the black SUV. I know my husband thought I was insane, but I dragged him along to check it out. Sure enough, we saw Bono walking up the ramp. Brian Williams from NBC News was with him as well.

BonoBrianWilliams2.jpg

I’m such a nerd-- I had been waiting for this moment since I was a little girl watching Rattle & Hum everyday-- so of course when Bono was near, I was totally lost for words, had no pen and my memory stick was somehow full-- I spent more time deleting old photos than taking new photos!

Does this mean NBC News may be doing a feature on the band? :hmm:

Thanks for the pics :up:

njelevation06,

Wow, way cool-way to sing it and not freeze up.

Excellent job.

<>

Got to CFS @ 5:30p.m. apparently missing the traffic nightmare

Spoke w/ a husband & wife from WV she told me it took two hours to go four miles they still ended up having to park one mile from CFS & missed a couple of U2 songs

Outside of our hotel The Red Roof Inn there was a huge billboard with U2360 & a picture of U2 it was really nice

Walking to seats upper level employee of CFS stopped us b/c she saw our 13y/o daughter on crutches long story short she put us top of first level special section behind the stage Edge's Side it was great!

In four days I drove a total of 1,242 Miles:ohmy:

C'Ville was AMAZING:drool:

Raleigh was GREAT:applaud:

Left Raleigh @ 8:45a.m. pulled into our driveway @ 5:30p.m.:ohmy:

On the way out we had to sit there for a tad over one hour at least...I kept looking for SolaceVIP all the kids & I were dying to see that Plate & kept looking for MVDress

Loved the concert even with the parking snafu. The fact that it was at Carter-Finley with the NC State backdrop made the experience even more amazing and a bit surreal to be honest.

It was convenient as we were visiting family back in NC to go alongside the concert, but like most of you we had a long drive back home today.

Here's to hoping for an Indianapolis date for the 2010 tour :D.

My favorite picture from the many that I took. No doubt this is Carter-Finley:
P1090384.jpg

Hi all--just back from a killer 9 hour drive....My hubby Mr. Partygirl43 surprised me with tickets to the Raleigh show...it was totally last minute, made plans on Thursday and left Sat. morning for Raleigh.

A few observations; I attended the Chicago One show and was in Red Zone One for that show. For Raleigh we sat behind the stage. Let me tell you, I'm so glad I had the chance to see the show from a different vantage point. In addition, it was a beautiful moon lit night and the moon provided a spectacular backdrop to the claw!! I loved the Red Zone, but you get a whole other show in the seats. I thought the crowd was a little more reserved than Chicago though, it seem to take everyone (the band included) to 'find the groove'---but than Bono seemed to loosen up and so did the crowd. I LOVED Muse!!!! And finally I'm glad it was my 8 y/o first show.....it was an experience of a lifetime and I'm so glad he's old enough now to share it with us. :love:

Also I planned the heck out of Chicago---and was so hyper waiting for it....I think I enjoy this one more because it was so spur of the moment.

So here's some pic's. Glad to read everyones stories. :hug:
DSCF4055.jpg

DSCF3939.jpg

DSCF3923.jpg

And finally proof that I can find a U2 reference ANYWHERE....a church in Raleigh:

DSCF4126.jpg

ok first of - these pictures are AMAZING! hodog, i would love to see more of your set!!!

and here is my flickr set: U2 360 - Oct 3 2009 - Live in RALEIGH! - a set on Flickr

here is my youtube playlist set: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

for you guys int he GA line or who didn't get there early enough, there *are* soundcheck videos and the GA line running in!!!

we got to the lot around 3pm, hung out and went running up the hill for the soundcheck - most amazing thing EVER!

I am DYING for the recording of this show! as soon as someone has this show to trade let me know!!!!!

Loved the concert even with the parking snafu. The fact that it was at Carter-Finley with the NC State backdrop made the experience even more amazing and a bit surreal to be honest.

It was convenient as we were visiting family back in NC to go alongside the concert, but like most of you we had a long drive back home today.

Here's to hoping for an Indianapolis date for the 2010 tour :D.

Hodog,

I think you were behind me!

I do hope they go to Indianapolis as well. I used to live in Bloomington and want to go back to Indy to visit friends and see U2!

AMAZING show, I can't even put into words how unbelievable it was.

1st row, a little left of center, outside rail. Perfect vantage point to see everything although I wish I had a camera with a longer zoom.

A few pics:

100309_bonoadam.jpg

100309_bono1.jpg

100309_adam3.jpg

but yeah the highlight was when the band arrived

100309_bonosign1.jpg

this is like my 4th time meeting him and i still freeze and my brain stops working. I'm still floating!!!!

I had a great time at the show. Went by myself....got there at 3pm and parked easily....GA line was ridiculous.........it was more like a GA clump. When I saw them in Philly last tour it was a long line...much easier to make any sense of lol. I wasn't too fussed though because I only lived 3 min away.

GREAT show. I knew they wouldn't be playing much real old stuff, but they played quite a bit last tour, so I was ok with that.

Muse was wonderful...I hope they do their own tour soon in the US. Love them. After I saw the Wembley dvd, I knew I had to see them in concert.

Met great people as well, even being by myself, you can almost always meet fun U2 fans!

Could have done without all the masks etc....it came off sort of cheesy, but I expected political stuff...as long as Bono was there hehe.

Unforgettable Fire was probably my favorite song of the night.

Ok. So my lovely wife had the idea that we should go to Raleigh to see the show. I'm so glad we did. A huge thank you to Rick, Char, Lisa, (Lisa's husband...I forgot his name) Jessica, and Paul. After arriving in Raleigh on Friday, my wife and I had dinner at a seafood restaurant and we were pleased to have the interference gang join us for some good laughs. BluRmGirl......thank you for transportation back to the hotel....my wife thanks you as well.

I can't tell you how "Southern Hospitality" is really the word here in North Carolina. People were kind, generous and sweet to my wife and I.

I hit the GA line at 1pm or so. It was HOT. Super hot. So hot that my wife had to take shelter under a tree or she'd catch a sunburn. My bald head was sweatin'. Before leaving our hotel room I saw MissVelvetDress. Also ran into Vjacqb. Gosh...hard to remember everyone. If I forgot names...I'm sorry.

The line seemed to start out organized and then there was a serge of people who decided to collapse the line. I'm not gonna lie...but I politely found myself closer to where I was in the GA line.

Gates opened...mad rush....I managed to get in front of Adam.

Amazing show....fantastic show. We befriended another couple in line who were extremely kind and left with them after the show in the traffic jam. We had high hopes to have a drink or two at a bar....we ended up at McDonalds. :)

Our flight left at 6am. The shuttle from are hotel wasn't on route to leave then. The dude behind the desk said he'd take us anyway so we didn't have to pay for a hotel.

It all seemed like a dream....but it was the best dream ever. The trip brought my wife and I closer together. :hug:

I'll follow the lead and post my praises elsewhere on the site, but my THANKS go out to everyone on THIS particular thread for your help in getting in the show. The notes about parking, where do eat, where to go / line up all proved to be GREAT information. We ended up paying $10 to park about 1/4 mile away, had a great cheap dinner at Wendy's with part of the crew (!) and got in to the inner circle about 4 people back from the stage.

Plus, I saw U2Brother (who was to my left about 6 people over) and had great fans around us. A fantastic, unbelievable show, all made BETTER by everyone's thoughts, ideas, and tips from the thread.

To, to all of YOU, I tip my hat. Pics to come in another thread!

Back
Top Bottom