October 28 - Vancouver BC Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, nobody has played 2 night stadium run anywhere in the Pacific Northwest in 15 years.

If they did get close to filling 2 nights it would be a Western Canadian(until next summer in Edmonton:wink:) and Pacific Northwest concert attendance record. Jackson 5 did 107,000 at BC Place in 1984 over 3 nights. It may even beat the Pontiff event in Abbotsford BC that was 100,000+ in the mid 80's.

Adjust your expectations accordingly.

However that does put it up pretty tight against the Rose Bowl show in LA on the 25th. Can all of the necessary equipment make it from LA to Vancouver between midnight on the 25th and say 3pm on the 27th? This would then limit the opportunity for a 2nd LA show.

No need to worry. U2 have two stage set-ups. One will finish the tour in Los Angeles on 25/11 (or 26/11 if a second date happens). The other will go from Las Vegas on 23/11 to Vancouver.

What I did find interesting is that when the tour was announced, the European leg was said to finish "on 22 August in Cardiff", ruling out a second show, but the North American leg phrasing was more vague and just referenced Vancouver as the last city - it didn't nail down 28/11 as THE final date. Obviously there was never going to be a second show in Cardiff, but the vague wording left open the possibility of an extra show on the 29th in Vancouver. Since there are no shows in Washington/Oregon, I think chances of a second Vancouver show aren't bad.

No need to worry. U2 have two stage set-ups. One will finish the tour in Los Angeles on 25/11 (or 26/11 if a second date happens). The other will go from Las Vegas on 23/11 to Vancouver.

What I did find interesting is that when the tour was announced, the European leg was said to finish "on 22 August in Cardiff", ruling out a second show, but the North American leg phrasing was more vague and just referenced Vancouver as the last city - it didn't nail down 28/11 as THE final date. Obviously there was never going to be a second show in Cardiff, but the vague wording left open the possibility of an extra show on the 29th in Vancouver. Since there are no shows in Washington/Oregon, I think chances of a second Vancouver show aren't bad.

They can always do the "by unprecedented demand" excuse. It's not like the press release is legally binding. They have been changed in the past.

Stones did 2 nights in Dec 1994 and Floyd 2 nights in June 1994 at BC Place.

While the band has more than one stage/scaffolding, I wonder if all the lights/screen and one set only stuff travels by road or air.

Of course, but the phrasing is still worth noting. A precise final date for Europe (with the final city unlikely to require a second show) and a vague statement for North America (with the final city possibly having sufficient demand for a second show) should surely say something to anybody trying to read between the lines.

Of course, but the phrasing is still worth noting. A precise final date for Europe (with the final city unlikely to require a second show) and a vague statement for North America (with the final city possibly having sufficient demand for a second show) should surely say something to anybody trying to read between the lines.

It might have had more to do with difference between ambitious/cautious planning with this tour in North America. Plan A, and Plan B.

Got 4 GA's in less than 1 minute. Easiest ticket buying experience I've had. Bring on a 2nd show!

I really have my doubts about a 2nd show this leg. While everyone mentions that the day before is setup for a Lions game and that the Lions have other facilities to practice, I dont think anyone here mentioned about the visiting team - they usually practice in the stadium the day before...

I think they will return in 2010 with a show as well in Seattle...

GA ticket - check
Hotel res - check

Now all I have to decide how I am going to book my flight, miles or no miles, and I will be all set! :D

While everyone mentions that the day before is setup for a Lions game and that the Lions have other facilities to practice, I dont think anyone here mentioned about the visiting team - they usually practice in the stadium the day before.

The Events Page for BC Place has no "Media/Practice" reservation for the day before. This game on the 31st is the ONLY date without this media/practice reservation. It would be nice to know for sure, but this has me believing that the Lions/CFL has reserved another place for this media/practice to happen regardless of the second U2 date happening or not. I admit, I haven't a clue how long turf conversion actually takes. Maybe the promoter has to pay overtime to make this all work, but I am certain that the promoter books the stadium with 2 shows in mind. Someone on the "inside" knows everything and it would of been arranged when the original date was booked. They don't just wing it and play by ear. The second date option is usually in place with the first date being set.

This may mean nothing, but I thought it should be mentioned. Someone in the VIP/RED zone ticket auctions thread pointed it out.

The set up for the RED zone auctions for Vancouver start at $115. This is the same price for all the second date cities in NA announced so far. Toronto, NY, Chicago, and Boston.
Washington, Charlottesville, and Atlanta have their auctions starting at $150.
LA and Tampa have theirs at $115.
It may be that cities with multiple dates have a lower starting bid. It makes sense. I realise this is just an observation and could mean nothing But at this point of not knowing, this is good news to see Vancouver has something in common with NA cities with multiple dates so far.

Glad to hear everyone had an easy time getting tix!! :D Do you guys think it'll be just as easy to get GA's as a Boots member?

Quoted from the calendar:

Can't wait! Do we dress up for Halloween too?! Trick or Treat, smell my feet, Give me some boots to eat! ;)

Roland, yes!! How fun would that be to be all Halloweenie for the show! :lol:

It might be a bit uncomfortable to wear it all day in the GA line, but I do believe we could work something out. :hmm:

So close to Larry's birthday too. :cute:

I scored two sweet VIP tickets on Edge's side :drool:

Man, it's going to be a LONG 7 months :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Sweet! Way to go bud! :up:

Are these in the Red Zone or the lower bowl? I wasn't sure when I followed the VIP route from the tours page.

Thanks C!

I'm assuming that they are in the Red Zone for the price? I thought it was strange that the tickets are not through TicketMaster, but through Musictoday.com.

Got my tickets! :hyper:

Section 210, row C. I was hoping for something closer to the stage, but when you can only afford the $97 tickets....take what you can get.

Definitely doing GA if Seattle's up next summer...just didn't want to do it for Vancouver when I've got to be driving up from Seattle that morning.

If I get the BC Lions Season Ticket Holder Presale tickets...any chance they will cancel, as I am not a season ticket holder?

Hey Guys, I'm proud to announce that I got 3 tix for section 241 row HH. Does anyone know what part of the section HH is? Is the first row A? If so, that would make HH 34 rows up I believe.

215 row E... We're coming from Edmonton the day of, so very happy with these seats.. just not happy with the price.. alas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom