Oct. 20 - University of Phoenix Stadium - Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few new things from the U of PHX Stadium website:

1. General Admission line up starts at 7:00 a.m. near Gate 2 (North end of stadium).
2. Guests are allowed to bring one (1) factory-sealed, non-frozen, 500ml (16.9 fl oz) bottle of water in to the stadium. No soda, flavored water, or sports drinks.

Thanks bonoschild, good to see we can rehydrate, without having to leave the rail.

ps. See the PHX RZ auction closed at $130, a bit more than I expected. Higher than Dallas, Houston or Norman.

An auction starts for the Rose Bowl on Thursday (ending next Tuesday), for those that are interested.

Me too, although the packing is incomplete, & stressful!

We may even make a mad dash over the mexican border, so one of the members of our road tripin' crew can have some dental surgery done (what's up with US healthcare!).

The crazy road trip just got crazier! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Woah! wtf? Be careful.

Thanks for the water info Justin.

And what's up with the 7am thing? Last week it was 6am? Either way, in Dallas they said 9am but ppl were camped out starting at 2pm the day before.

I know I've said this before but I'm really excited to meet you all in line so make sure you wander around and find me. If it helps, my real name is Maryann - although some Aussies I'd never even spoken to found me in the Dallas line by asking for "Zooey from Interference". I felt like a celeb! :lol:

We may even make a mad dash over the mexican border, so one of the members of our road tripin' crew can have some dental surgery done (what's up with US healthcare!).

Woah! wtf? Be careful.

I'm not sure who d.darroch's friends are going to see, but my family has a dentist/surgeon in Mexico that they absolutely swear by (at least half a dozen family and friends have been going to see her for a decade or more). If you know what you are doing and who you are seeing, it's just as safe as pressing your luck with the American system.

But enough of that. U2! Less than a week! The last of my friends have backed out on me, so I guess it will be just me in line at the crack of dawn. Hopefully I can dig up a picture of myself somewhere around here and maybe get to meet a few of you in line. (Otherwise, just look for the really quiet and shy girl who seems to awkward to talk to people. =P)

I think I'll just make a "Hello My Name Is..." name tag and wear that and walk up and down the line :hyper:

My friends aren't backing out of the concert but are "Rethinking" the whole get up at the buttcrack of dawn thing (wimps!) so we'll see how many of the original party of 7 I end up with!

I'm in RZ 2 for PHX, and looking forward to meeting other U2 fans in the Valley.

Do you know if we can pick up our tickets on Monday or not?

Me too, although the packing is incomplete, & stressful!

The crazy road trip just got crazier! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

We have a great dentist in Nogales as well.. great pricing. Yeah, that's what health care reform is all about.

I think I'll just make a "Hello My Name Is..." name tag and wear that and walk up and down the line :hyper:

My friends aren't backing out of the concert but are "Rethinking" the whole get up at the buttcrack of dawn thing (wimps!) so we'll see how many of the original party of 7 I end up with!

:wave: It hasn't hit me yet. less than a week. holy crap. I'm hoping to make it by noon

U2! Less than a week! The last of my friends have backed out on me, so I guess it will be just me in line at the crack of dawn. Hopefully I can dig up a picture of myself somewhere around here and maybe get to meet a few of you in line. (Otherwise, just look for the really quiet and shy girl who seems to awkward to talk to people. =P)

same here. its been quite a mess on my end with that issue too. I'll definitely see ya'll there

I have a shirt that says Hello my name is awesome maybe I should wear that shirt so everyone could find me in GA:lol:

Good thing we can have some water in the stadium, I wonder about food though, I don't want to bring some snacks for GA and find out I have to trow it out.

I'm challenging myself with my legs, I figure now that I'm working and I can be on my feet for 5-8 hours a day depending on my shift, I can do it for GA, now the running part I am not sure of. I can just use my friend as a shield and push through like linebackers to where ever we want to. Holding on to her as she has her hands out yelling on top of her lungs LOL.:lol:

I won't post a pic of myself on here, but uh...

If anyone sees this short guy wearing a pink Izod polo shirt with an autism pin, that might be me... lol.

I just realized me and my friend may be screwed for Phoenix now, I verly have any money, and I don't get paid until next friday and I can't get ahold of her to make sure she has some money on her. Go figure stuff starting going bad now :sigh:

Beau you rock for supporting autism and I have a cousin with autism :hug:

Wow, it's supposed to get up to 100 degrees here in Phoenix on Saturday. And I thought summer was behind us a few weeks ago once we got down to the 80's. I've lived here 30 years and I don't remember it ever getting up to 100 this late in October. By Tuesday it should be back down to 90, but that's still hot for this time of year. I'm glad I have the umbrella attachment for my folding chair as I'm pretty sure I'll need it for shade on Tuesday sitting in the GA line. Bring plenty of water!

Wow, it's supposed to get up to 100 degrees here in Phoenix on Saturday. And I thought summer was behind us a few weeks ago once we got down to the 80's. I've lived here 30 years and I don't remember it ever getting up to 100 this late in October. By Tuesday it should be back down to 90, but that's still hot for this time of year. I'm glad I have the umbrella attachment for my folding chair as I'm pretty sure I'll need it for shade on Tuesday sitting in the GA line. Bring plenty of water!

SO glad to have RZ for this show. I think I'll be sitting comfortably indoors sipping cold adult beverages all day.

I just got off the phone with my sister. She didn't have tickets yet for the Glendale show and has been checking Ticketmaster.com like mad the past few days hoping for good seats or GA to become available. She checked just a little while ago and was able to pull up a pair of seats in Section 109 Row 40 for $30 a ticket plus fees. This is a lower-level section right in the middle. Those seats would normally be $250 each, so how she was able to get them for $30 is beyond me.

I just got off the phone with my sister. She didn't have tickets yet for the Glendale show and has been checking Ticketmaster.com like mad the past few days hoping for good seats or GA to become available. She checked just a little while ago and was able to pull up a pair of seats in Section 109 Row 40 for $30 a ticket plus fees. This is a lower-level section right in the middle. Those seats would normally be $250 each, so how she was able to get them for $30 is beyond me.

:hmm:

That's... odd, to say the least.

I just checked and Sec. 132 is running at $250 each at Row 40....

I'm Sec. 111 Row 8 and I paid $95 each.

There are several tickets available here in the want/need section.

Craziness! They're still available. Lowers in 109 &129, rows 40-41 for $30! may be a bit obstructed, but what do you expect for that price.

Good find U2ITNOL!

This just in from the U of P website...

You are receiving this message because you have either signed up for the Stadium VIP Club online or through a contest, or you are a past purchaser of a ticket at University of Phoenix Stadium. University of Phoenix Stadium is committed to combating spam. We hope you find these emails useful, but if at any point you decide you'd like to stop receiving them, simply click this link to unsubscribe.

If you have any questions or comments about this email you can contact us at: webmaster@universityofphoenixstadium.com or write to Global Spectrum, Attn: Mktg. Dept., 1 Cardinals Drive, Glendale, AZ 85305.

U2 & Black Eyed Peas - Parking & Concert Information
With the U2 concert approaching, Global Spectrum, managers of University of Phoenix Stadium, are releasing details fans should be aware of for the event.
EVENT: U2 and Black Eyed Peas Concert
DATE: Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2009, 7:00 p.m.
PLACE: University of Phoenix Stadium

Box Office opens: 10:00 a.m. Great Tickets Still Available!!!

Doors open: 5:00 p.m.

Show starts: 7:00 p.m.

“GA” tickets for this event are general admission. There are no seats or chairs in the general admission floor area. General Admission line up starts at 7:00 a.m. near Gate 2 (North end of stadium). No camping/overnight line ups prior to 7:00 a.m. on day of show. Limited paid parking ($20.00 cash only) will be available to general admission patrons beginning at 7:00 a.m. Access to general admission paid ($20.00 cash only) parking will be off of 91st Avenue and 6250 North (East side of stadium).

Red Zone ticket holders can pick up their tickets at the stadium box office beginning at 10:00 am on show day. Red Zone ticket holders DO NOT have to wait in the General Admission (GA) line for admission into the stadium.

Parking Information

Stadium Carparks/Parking lots open: 2:00 p.m.
General Parking: $20.00 per vehicle (cash only) click here for general parking map/directions.
Limo Parking: $50.00 per vehicle (cash only) click here for limo parking map/directions.
Oversized Vehicle/RV Parking: $50.00 per vehicle (cash only) click here for oversized vehicle map/directions.

No overnight parking, No re-entry, No tailgating. To purchase advance parking: Click here to download order form or call (623) 433-7106.

Drop off area for taxi’s and limos will be accessible from Glendale Avenue at 95th Avenue and Hanna Drive, near Westgate City Center.

General admission line up starts: 7:00 a.m. near gate 2.

Prohibited Items
Guests are reminded that folding chairs, coolers, backpacks, bags larger than 12in x 12in x 12in, food and beverage, beverage containers of any kind, signs, and alcohol are not permitted. Guests waiting in general admission line may have chairs, coolers, etc. but these must be removed from the line by 4pm. Alcohol may not be brought into the stadium and it may not be consumed while waiting in line outside the stadium.

Cameras are allowed but professional cameras, cameras with lenses longer than 6 inches and tripods are not. No video or audio recording equipment of any kind is permitted.

Guests are allowed to bring one (1) factory-sealed, non-frozen, 500ml (16.9 fl oz) bottle of water in to the stadium. No soda, flavored water, or sports drinks.

Click here to purchase tickets.

To obtain more information visit the U2 event page at: www.universityofphoenixstadium.com
Upcoming Events
U2 360° TOUR - Presented by BlackBerry
Tuesday, October 20 7:00pm - 11:00pm
Ticket Information:

$255, $100, $60, $35*

*Tickets subject to convenience and handling fees.

Click here for the concert seating map/pricing chart.
Buy tickets now!

Tickets are available at all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge by phone at 1-800-745-3000 and at the University of Phoenix Stadium Box Office.

Please note: GA Floor seats do not include chairs.

Ah, thank you :)

I'm not as affected as some, but I happen to be on the autism spectrum myself.
Ahh I c, and you're welcome!:hug:

I finally just got everything I needed for Phoenix, now waiting on my friend and praying she comes with the money she said she would etc, I haven't heard from her in like 2 weeks so I'm a bet nervous. But I got snacks and everything for GA, etc.

5 days!:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom