Number 3 in Australia 3rd Week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davmar

The Fly
U2 stabilises at number 3 in Australia this week. Excellent performance given the time of year. I think the tour later this year in Australia will make this one of the most successful U2 albums in Australia.

Here in Portugal in it's second week, U2 are still number one :)
HTDAAB is at least platinum... im not sure but it is quite possible the album is already multi platinum here in portugal. I predict with only 2 weeks it is already 3x platinum. (the best of of 80's went 5x platinum in only two weeks!!! :ohmy: )
Here in portugal 1x platinum is the equivelent to 40.000 records sold. That means HTDAAB has sold at least 120.000 in two weeks and the best of 80's sold in the same amount of time at least 200.000. I think it's the fastest selling album here in Portugal. It stayed in #1 for six consecutive weeks.

I expect to see U2 in first place here in portugal for at least 5 weeks.

Good to see U2 steady at #3 with Bomb and #21 with Vertigo in Oz. I'm a little worried that Robbie Williams and Delta go up platinum every week though.

Leebonoman96 said:
Good to see U2 steady at #3 with Bomb and #21 with Vertigo in Oz. I'm a little worried that Robbie Williams and Delta go up platinum every week though.

Sales must be mainly from places such as Target etc,as in HMV, Virgin & Sanity it remains at 1.

Mike - about to head off to Perth

From the chart forum website i gathered these figures for HTDAAB in Australia
week 1 - #1 = 48,000
week 2 - #3 = 24,000
week 3 - #3 = 28,000

These are great figures and this past week was the biggest week for CD sales for the whole year. The only artists who had bigger first week sales were apparently Delta Goodrem and an Australian Idol performer, geez what bad taste.
Speaking of which, the latest Australian Idol winner Casey Donovan released her album today so I GUARANTEE that will be number 1 next week, and I dont see Delta's album dropping either, so I'm guessing about #5 for U2 in week 4. But sales will still be through the roof.

It has now sold exactly 100k in Australia.

It went from single platinum to 2 platninum last week and the record sales did not need any more stock shipped in. Given 2x platinum in 140K, they may need order to more stock soon so it has an outside chance of going to 3x platinum next week.

Back
Top Bottom