North American Tour Changes in Set list??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well they did sell a lot of those remixed CD's so I am sure the fan base has a better knowledge of those songs. Edge did say before the tour began that they would be pulling up some B side songs never played before live. I bet more people know about those songs than you might think.

I don't mind Breathe as an opener. I went back and checked the setlist from Vertigo leg 1 and Vertigo leg 2 and the opener went from Cobl to Vertigo, so you never know they may change the opener

well actually the first leg of Vertigo had 3 different openers.
Breath is such a weak opener after the awesomeness of Kingdom by the way, it's an odd choice but someone made a great analysis of this in another forum so. :wink:

I actually think Breathe is surprisingly good as an opener. So much of why it works is lyrical though, and I know not everyone approaches or appreciates songs that way.

Well they did sell a lot of those remixed CD's so I am sure the fan base has a better knowledge of those songs. Edge did say before the tour began that they would be pulling up some B side songs never played before live. I bet more people know about those songs than you might think.

Didn't Edge also say they were not going to play some songs they always play and it turns out Bullet is the only one(knock on wood) they haven't played yet

well actually the first leg of Vertigo had 3 different openers.
Breath is such a weak opener after the awesomeness of Kingdom by the way, it's an odd choice but someone made a great analysis of this in another forum so. :wink:

Oh yeah, I forgot they opened with LAPOE too.

I feel like they've made the CT remix too much of a staple to drop.

I think WAS might be a good US bet. Its hymn-based melody makes it more suited to America I think.:up:

I need to hear Magnificent and the Crazy Tonight remix in Chicago or someone's head will be on a platter at the end of the night. :angry:

Don't worry about Magnificent, those first four will be at every concert of this tour, that's for sure. About Crazy, against most people's predicitions I believe it'll also be a staple in this tour.

I hope they will mix it up a bit. Do a Kingdom-Magnificent (redanka-style) open to the show followed by Beautiful Day, Breathe, No Line, Vertigo, Boots....

It's not that I don't like Bullet, but it just needs a rest. I also think Crazy Tonight Remix will stay just because of the way the fans react when U2 starts playing it.

This is part dream, part reality of what would be awesome in America. Particularly with regards to how DM can be used.

Breathe
No Line
Boots (w/ intro)
Magnificent
Beautiful Day (w/ Arabic Intro)
New Year's Day
One/Hear Us Coming/Unchained Melody
UTEOTW
Gone
Stay (Full Band)
White as Snow (Full Band)
The Unforgettable Fire
COBL
Cry/Electric Co.
Crazy Remix (transition into...)
SBS
Acrobat
Drowning Man (transition into...)
Streets
Walk On/You'll Never Walk Alone
---
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Your Blue Room/Lemon
Moment of Surrender/40

This is part dream, part reality of what would be awesome in America. Particularly with regards to how DM can be used.

Breathe
No Line
Boots (w/ intro)
Magnificent
Beautiful Day (w/ Arabic Intro)
New Year's Day
One/Hear Us Coming/Unchained Melody
UTEOTW
Gone
Stay (Full Band)
White as Snow (Full Band)
The Unforgettable Fire
COBL
Cry/Electric Co.
Crazy Remix (transition into...)
SBS
Acrobat
Drowning Man (transition into...)
Streets
Walk On/You'll Never Walk Alone
---
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Your Blue Room/Lemon
Moment of Surrender/40

Throw in Fez as the encore opener and I think you have a winner. I would like a longer encore than 3 songs. Loved that you threw Acrobat in there. I know it wont happen but would love to see Love is Blindness close a show again.

Bullet is an awful song, IMO... I certainly hope they don't play it.

You're kidding right?????
Possibly one of U2's best, or should I say darkest songs. And with all the fluff they've been putting out lately (i.e. Elevation, Boots, Vertigo, In a Little While) would be a welcome change to any live stadium show. Especially outside in America!!!

I hope it's more like 3rd leg Vertigo then Elevation with a whole bunch of new stuff. The 3rd Elevation leg was a disappointment. Hopefully they won't drop UC, Crazy Remix, UF or UV.

SUC is a horrible song and hope it never gets played live... and you people are crazy if you think they'll break out FezBB in NA.

It would be nice to hear more rockers and to drop Elevation and Stuck..

You're kidding right?????
Possibly one of U2's best, or should I say darkest songs. And with all the fluff they've been putting out lately (i.e. Elevation, Boots, Vertigo, In a Little While) would be a welcome change to any live stadium show. Especially outside in America!!!

Your right it is one of their better songs and would work great with this stage get up.

Edge did say before the tour began that they would be pulling up some B side songs never played before live.

:angry: They haven't done this so far... except in sound checks.

God, what I would give to hear When I Look at the World live... :drool:
What about IGWSHA?? Lemon, Mofo, Discotheque... they have so many great songs that they never do live anymore...

And yeah, 12 times I have gone to a U2 show, and 12 times I have heard SBS. That's okay to go, IMO. Not really a fan of Bullet or Gone, either. I would be happy if they didn't play either one. Streets can stay.

Maybe they'll use Willie's suggestion for the middle trio of songs...

"Having made a decision on sets for nights 1 and 2 (all bets are off for night 3 - I'm pushing for a new trio of songs, October into White As Snow into New Year's Day but we'll see how that goes)"

From todays diary...

Maybe they'll use Willie's suggestion for the middle trio of songs...

"Having made a decision on sets for nights 1 and 2 (all bets are off for night 3 - I'm pushing for a new trio of songs, October into White As Snow into New Year's Day but we'll see how that goes)"

From todays diary...

:drool::drool:

White As Snow is my wife's favorite song on the album and New Year's Day was the first single I ever purchased. We are seeing them in Las Vegas and LA for our 25th wedding anniversary and would :heart: to see that sequence.

Id really like to see Magnificent as an opener. Breath is a great song but not as an opener. Id really like to hear so cruel, red hill, or acrobat. I know its been said many times before but that would be great.

Going to be bold here with my predictions -

For the most part, I think the opener will stay the same. However, I think U2 will switch in a different opener for cities who have two shows. My guess is that will be the spot and few times that we'll see Stand Up Comedy. I'm kind of torn on the song, but the people I know who aren't die hards like me, love that song, and casual fans outnumber the die hards.

I do think the closer will not so much be rotated out, but on some shows we'll see something after Moment of Surrender. Perhaps White as Snow or Cedars of Lebanon. At these shows, a song will be dropped from the new album - perhaps Unknown Caller and maybe Crazy Tonight once. It's a single, I'd be surprised if it was regularly dropped.

Now for the non-NLOTH songs:

The nightly regulars in Europe won't change much. If anything, I see Walk On and MLK being rotated more with Europe rarities such as Angel of Harlem and Bad.

New Year's Day, Elevation, Until the End of the World and Mysterious Ways will start to be played more as well, as sad to say it, but Unforgettable Fire and Ultraviolet will gradually be played less and less.

The rarities that will be play on the US leg will be: Your Blue Room (2 shows), HMTMKMKM (3 shows), Drowning Man (for 1 show), Hands That Built America (snippet - 4 shows), I Will Follow (3 shows), New York (played only in New York), Gone (Large cities only), and as a very very special treat to Chicago Night 2 - The Fly.

If "Crazy" is played on the American leg, it's probably in the non remixed version

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom