No more U2 till the new album comes out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
As I pulled into the driveway this afternoon, Do You Feel Loved was playing. That will be the last U2 I hear until new U2 music comes out. I'll listen to the single, but nothing I already own until November 23.

Sula :heart: did a month-long hiatus a few summers ago, so she was my inspiration for this one. I just don't hear it anymore when I play it, so I'm going cold turkey for three months. :silent:

Think of how sweet that first puff of the new record will be.

Anyone else care to join me? Or are you all sane?

I'll try to join you. I sometimes try to abstain a couple of days before a live show and it kinda whets your appetite for the music so I see where you're going with this. But does the radio count (do I have to change the station if a song I 'own' comes on?) cause I don't know about a total blackout.

I'm with you on this one. The only thing will be the radio at work, and that's inescapable for me at this point.

I usually stop listening to all U2 right prior to any live show I'm about to attend. I listen to them all day for many days as "preparatory training", LOL, but then I go cold turkey.

I can do it!

I haven't been listening to much U2 lately, but I discovered a friend of mine at the Ryan Adams board had no U2. :ohmy: I busted out my collection to burn him a couple of mixes...and it was like falling in love with U2 all over again. :cute:

I tried to abstain from U2 once when I felt like I was overdosing on them. I lasted for about a week, but it sure felt good when I listened to them again.

I haven't been listening to too too much U2 lately... I have already listened to the 1:30 snippet though. I think I'll join you too; I think that snippet can tide me over until the real thing comes out in a month or so.

*Takes a deep breath and removes U2 temporarily from her playlist*

There is no way I could do this. Just the thought that my life could suddenly end before this album comes out freaks me. If there is a chance to hear it, any amount of it, give it to me. You'll never know if that bus is going to nail you the next day.

Good for you all, but for me, life is too short as it is.

I could try, but I'd fail at it miserably, so why try? I might last half a day, maybe a whole day if I'm really, really busy.

Wow, you are insane. I did a week last year as a challenge from a friend, and I nearly lost my mind. Actually, maybe I nearly FOUND it, haha.

Sorry, I'm too addicted to live bootlegs....with highspeed connections at home and soon at college.....I just can't help myself. :drool:

Im gonna try. I did this before ATYCLB, for the last month. All I listened to was BD when that came out. It's gonna be hard now though, I run a music store and I normally listen to em' at least twice a day! Oh well, i'll enjoy the new stuff all the more I spose.
Ive just listened to Zoo Station...that WILL be the last until the new single...:(

Axver said:
Wow, you are insane. I did a week last year as a challenge from a friend, and I nearly lost my mind. Actually, maybe I nearly FOUND it, haha.

:laugh:

Er... maybe I should try that too. :coocoo: I'm kind of getting to the burnout point right now anyway, and I don't wanna be that way when the new album (finally) comes out. :sigh:

I don't think I could handle life without U2 for a couple of months. I'd go crazier then I already am, and I certainly don't want that to happen.

I'm in!!!

I have reached potential burnout myself, and I want to really be excited about the new album. So I am going to not listen to ANY albums, watch any VIDEOS, and I'm going to change the radio station if they come on. MOst of the time I change the station when U2 comes on anyway, just b/c I get tired of hearing WOWY or ISHFWILF all the time.

I will listen to the new single when it comes out, and the b-sides on it before the album comes out. But as for anything they released before this very moment, it's off limits to me.

The weekend before Nov.23, I am going to make myself a CD with all my favorite U2 songs on it, and just go out that Saturday with U2 being my background music. Then I'll really start to get excited. I can't wait for this all to happen!

I am currently in the "essential to survive" status. It means only a random song (usually live versions) from a big while to a big while. I want to be the most hungry that i can when these new songs come.

Martha, good luck. I won't even try because I will fail at some point. And as other posts have explained, why torture yourself...that bus is right around the corner to mow us down, so blast "Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed car" one more time (or as the spanish recorder dudes would say "Un mas tiempo !"

I could never go cold turkey on u2, i would at least have to hear a few songs to keep me sane :p

i will join for fun with for fun

I don't listen to U2 that much anyway. I mean compared to most other artists I do, but I bet if I were to put in "October" again it would feel like a completley new album.

I actually haven't listened to any U2 since last April...when I bought my very late copy of Streetcore. I've become scaringly addicted to Clash/Strummer music for about a year now! :D

I listen to U2 more than to any other artist, but I never get tired of them. Individual albums might not get a listen for a while, but i'm always listening to some form of U2, and I don't feel the need for a break...maybe one day I will, but till then i don't see any point in depriving myself of some of the greatest music in the world just to test my willpower...that's what chocolate is for...

Back
Top Bottom