No Line On The Horizon - Guitar Solo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DaveC said:
Honestly, this what people have been going crazy over? :huh:

Was I seriously this batshit insane in 2004? :crack:

i think it's more just the fact that irishteen and U2_neat were nice enough to go out of their way for all of us here at interference and record the band practicing a promising new song and Edge playing some scales or whatever...we really haven't gotten much since 2006 beach clips, so i think these clips got the attention they deserved.....

If you could actually hear the song, you might have a point. Personally, I think whoever recorded these clips just wasted a vacation day from work.

How anybody could possibly consider this to be a "promising" song is absolutely beyond me. Bono's wailed into a microphone for three minutes before, and out came J. Swallow. There isn't one discernable note in the entire thing other than Edge's bit at the end, which sounds more like noodling than anything to me.

But hey, if the sound of wind and Dubliners sniffling over some muted hollering gets you excited, ain't nothing I'm gonna say to bring you down. :shrug:

GibsonGirl said:

What he means is that this is like the Beach Clips of 2004 all over again. We've been through it before. While the tracks are interesting, you can't read too much into them. They're nothing to get hysterical over.

Agree :up:

mmm hmmm....couldn't hear shit myself.
still, from the tiny bit i can pick up it does sound interesting

I wish U2 would completely sound proof the studio so you can't get anything until the final version of the song comes out. Just so stuff like this doesn't happen. The hype is too much then when the actual song comes out people are all pissed off becuase its not what they thought it was going to be.

Miracle Drug is a good example.

We got to hear the middle part of the song with the solo, and everyone freaked out (it is a great solo though). The rest of the song was OK. A little cheesy lyrics, but just OK.

I tried listening to the song, and all I could hear was the guitar at the end. Sounded kind of interesting, but I won't be judging until I hear a clear version.

BEAL said:
Miracle Drug is a good example.

We got to hear the middle part of the song with the solo, and everyone freaked out (it is a great solo though). The rest of the song was OK. A little cheesy lyrics, but just OK.

YES. We all thought Miracle Drug was going to be this sort of transcendental thing that would rival the old classics. The end result was...pretty good, but nothing like we thought it would be, based upon the little snippet we heard.

That's why you really need to take these clips with a massive grain of salt, Rob. I know you haven't been here for long, but you'd realise this if you were a member of IF before HTDAAB came out. 2004 taught us the hard way not to get too excited about anything floating out of U2's studios/holiday homes.

GibsonGirl said:

YES. We all thought Miracle Drug was going to be this sort of transcendental thing that would rival the old classics. The end result was...pretty good, but nothing like we thought it would be, based upon the little snippet we heard.

That's why you really need to take these clips with a massive grain of salt, Rob. I know you haven't been here for long, but you'd realise this if you were a member of IF before HTDAAB came out. 2004 taught us the hard way not to get too excited about anything floating out of U2's studios/holiday homes.

Glad to have someone agree with me :wink:

I got a little caught up in it as well, although I don't recall stating it in here, I thought the song was going to take us back to a great place in time. It didn't exactly do that.

Eventually we will have "Beach Clips" and some people will bitch and moan, and others will say this is U2's finest work ever. Of course everyone can think what they want....

The only issue that comes up on these forums (and every other freaking forum on the internet) are the fights and arguing about who's right for liking it, or disliking it. It'll get pretty ugly, and ruin a lot of people's taste in the new music.

I kind of long for the days where I wouldn't even know an album is coming out, except for maybe an article or blip in Rolling Stone. I guess I could go back in time and just not go on the internet, but it's just so god damn addicting.

Plus, what else am I supposed to do at work???? Actually work? No Fuggin Way!!!!

Last edited:
BEAL said:
I got a little caught up in it as well, although I don't recall stating it in here, I thought the song was going to take us back to a great place in time. It didn't exactly do that.

I believe I said Miracle Drug was going to be as good as (or close to) Bad. :reject:

I agree about Miracle Drug. That beach clip sounded promising, I already had it booked as a U2 classic, but the final version did not deliver. It worn out after a couple of months, just like at least 50% of The Bomb.

who gives a shit if people are looking into these things too much, or if there's too much hype, or if we're going crazy over nothing. it's fun. if you're disappointed when the album comes out, because No Line on the Horizon is different from what you expected from these clips, it's ok. anticipation is half the fun.

discothequeLP said:
who gives a shit if people are looking into these things too much, or if there's too much hype, or if we're going crazy over nothing. it's fun. if you're disappointed when the album comes out, because No Line on the Horizon is different from what you expected from these clips, it's ok. anticipation is half the fun.

Thank you.. :up:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
this guitar solo is obviously the greatest piece of music since bethoven's fifth and all of you who don't agree are simply haters.

The real question: Can the solo hold a candle to Union Chapel? :hyper:

:wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
this guitar solo is obviously the greatest piece of music since bethoven's fifth and all of you who don't agree are simply haters.

Bono's vocals on that track are clear proof that his voice is the best it has ever been. Anyone who disagrees is most certainly a dumbass.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
The clips sounds like a bunch of mosquitoes farting...I'll wait for something a bit clearer...:shrug:

:lmao:

DaveC said:
If you could actually hear the song, you might have a point. Personally, I think whoever recorded these clips just wasted a vacation day from work.

How anybody could possibly consider this to be a "promising" song is absolutely beyond me. Bono's wailed into a microphone for three minutes before, and out came J. Swallow. There isn't one discernable note in the entire thing other than Edge's bit at the end, which sounds more like noodling than anything to me.

But hey, if the sound of wind and Dubliners sniffling over some muted hollering gets you excited, ain't nothing I'm gonna say to bring you down. :shrug:

:lol: I didn't wanna say it that bluntly but... you said what I wanted to.. pretty much!

I've been listening to the leak over the last week or so and I have to say that IMO that the guitar solo from 2:35 onwards is simply stunning. :ohmy:

Is this the greatest work that Edge has done over the last decade or so? To me it certainly is.

Opinions?

Hello, can you send me the link from no line on the horizon please. Thank you

I'm going to download it now.

But if Dave is right (I am very much assuming he is) I'll be pissed cos I'm listening to some goood House at the moment, and if it's noise.....

brb

:censored:

Thanks for taking the time to record but you cannot hear a thing except a smidgen of that 'solo' and the type of vocals that would have peterrrrrecurrrring a bit firm in the nether regions.

Call me when we get something decent

OMG.....STATIC!!!! THIS IS THE BEST STATIC YET!!! FUCK, I LOVE THIS STATIC!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Wait, was there actually a note in there? Well, that just ruined everything. :sad:

It's taking all of my willpower not to download these clips. I want to be completely surprised when the album comes out. I just hope I can hold out for 3+ months :pray:

Back
Top Bottom