NLOTH Article - Just posted on atu2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This article is bullshit, clearly.

Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief

Every journalist just Googles 'new U2 album' and clicks the first result: suprise surprise, atu2.com.

I can also report that the Obama/Kaine ticket has won the 2008 Presidential Election, based on rumours from "trusted sources".

(internet political forums)

You cant take anything on the web to be a confirmed truth, until it comes from u2.com directly, which, I'm sure it will when its time.

Has the album title even been confirmed yet?

I can't believe a newspaper takes some totally unconfirmed rumours from a U2fansite and makes it sound as if this is factual. :doh:

Only three of these titles have been confirmed, the rest is speculation, fabrication, made up by fans based on what they believed to hear in several barely audible clips. This is ridiculous. And it's even more ridiculous that some fans jump to conclusions about possible song titles and rant about how bad those titles are, when, in fact, most of this is just based on rumours.

I can't believe a newspaper takes some totally unconfirmed rumours from a U2fansite and makes it sound as if this is factual. :doh:

Only three of these titles have been confirmed, the rest is speculation, fabrication, made up by fans based on what they believed to hear in several barely audible clips. This is ridiculous. And it's even more ridiculous that some fans jump to conclusions about possible song titles and rant about how bad those titles are, when, in fact, most of this is just based on rumours.

We have nothing better to do. If we did, we wouldn't be on Interference. ;)

This album sucks, I can tell from the unconfirmed titles.

No doubt...crappy song titles = bad songs...:rolleyes: In 2000 I knew 'Beautiful Day' was a hit...what a great title...:eyebrow:

And 'Discotheque'...that title says so much....uh...:|

do people even listen to music still?
I only read album titles

Like most people on this board...:doh:

My point is who cares? Why are we judging speculated titles that for all we know could have been completely made up? Seems like a waste, to me it shows those that like to bitch for bitching's sake...

So is it okay then to wait till the titles are confirmed and then bitch about them? ;)

If you haven't woken up to the fact that for the most part journalism has lost any relation to truth whatsoever then you really need to start paying better attention. News isn't comprised of fact any more. News is just another form of entertainment and it's been this way since before ZooTV which is one of the things that tour was pointing out. "Everything you know is wrong"

Dana

Moment Of Surrender, For Your Love, Love Is All We Have Left, One Bird, If I Could Live My Life Again

Moment of Surrender and Love Is All We Have Left are the worst titles in this bunch. :down: They invoke the same gag reflex I felt in "A Man and a Woman" as Bono went on about "the mysterious distance between a man and a woman". Platitudes.

I'm not prejudging the actual song.

I don't really like those song titles. I hope they are fake. They all sound like pop songs, too sweet and.... well, boring. It sounds too trivial and not very special. I expect something more exciting and unpredictable coming from a band that thinks they may have done one of their very best albums. After an album called Achtung Baby and songs called Ultraviolet, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Discothèque, Gone, Where The Streets Have No Name, Zoo Station and so on you would expect more interesting stuff... But you never really know, who would think a song called Beautiful Day or even Fast Cars would be good like that (not a joke). And I hope No Line On The Horizon is just a song title not the album's title, I prefer when the band gives the album a specific title. Only October and Zooropa are named after songs.

Prejudging a working title is not just as silly as prejudging a song before you've heard it?
Seems to me, the idea is to give it a fair chance to be properly presented in both cases.

Anyways, this isn't the first time we've seen U2 fan boards as sources for mainstream news articles. Sloppy and/or lazy reporting. I don't know how else to view it. I know just as much as these "reporters" and that idea in and of itself is absurd. In fact, anyone with access to the world wide web could have read all this rumour with two clicks of the mouse. Nice job, fellas! What are your user names?

The release date was reported, so you can't fault them for that but 'One Bird' much like 'Full Metal Jacket' and 'Tough' were reported in exactly one place, as rumored working titles and were regurgitated until it became some sort of "fact" by the end.

I agree with Phillyfan, the 3 songs are the only titles confirmed.
Now go and report that in the newspaper fellas. You can source yourself.

One song is rumored to be called "Flaming Bitchin' Sex Dragon."

Still, I bet it sucks.

:hyper:

They should write these songs:

"Two"
"Saturday Peaceful Saturday"
"Where The Driveways Are Called Ned"
"Either Way, I'll Live"
"Shit, I Found It"
"Good"
"Prejudice"
"Predictable Ways"
"Leave"
"Glancing At The Moon"
"Free From A Year You Want To Stay In"
"Village Of Complete Darkness"

..........:sexywink:

If you haven't woken up to the fact that for the most part journalism has lost any relation to truth whatsoever then you really need to start paying better attention. News isn't comprised of fact any more. News is just another form of entertainment and it's been this way since before ZooTV which is one of the things that tour was pointing out. "Everything you know is wrong"

Dana

as usual.. :up:

Anyways, this isn't the first time we've seen U2 fan boards as sources for mainstream news articles. Sloppy and/or lazy reporting. I don't know how else to view it. I know just as much as these "reporters" and that idea in and of itself is absurd. In fact, anyone with access to the world wide web could have read all this rumour with two clicks of the mouse. Nice job, fellas! What are your user names?

I agree with Phillyfan, the 3 songs are the only titles confirmed.

No offense, but I'm not even sure about that.. untill I see it in print, on a release of some sort. :D

They should write these songs:

"Two"
"Saturday Peaceful Saturday"
"Where The Driveways Are Called Ned"
"Either Way, I'll Live"
"Shit, I Found It"
"Good"
"Prejudice"
"Predictable Ways"
"Leave"
"Glancing At The Moon"
"Free From A Year You Want To Stay In"
"Village Of Complete Darkness"

..........:sexywink:

Don't know how long it took to come up with this, but - that's some funny shit.. :wink:

I really only care for the confirmed titles, and I like all of them!

Though last night it suddenly occurred to me that Cedars Of Lebanon sounds a lot like Rivers Of Babylon. Now I cannot get U2 playing a Boney M-like tune out of my head. :doh:

Back
Top Bottom