NFL Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty much describing the first 5 years of Tom Brady

Well not so much
2001 Pats 8th in NFL in PPG (20 total points in the 2 games Bledsoe played, 44 in Brady's first start week 3)
2002 Pats 10th in NFL in PPG
2003 Pats 11th in NFL in PPG
2004 Pats 3rd in NFL in PPG
2005 Pats 10th in NFL in PPG

Last edited:
Eagles signed Adrian Killins.

Dude is one of the easiest players to tackle when he is slowed down, but absolutely impossible to catch. If he can be trained right and stay healthy, that’s a Darren Sproles in the making.

It's not nearly enough extra draft capital to incentivize anyone to hire someone unqualified when they otherwise would hire someone who is qualified. And I find it hard to believe the issue is a lack of qualified minority candidates.

I don't think it will move the needle at all.

Talk about unnecessary and accidental racism.

“You can go first, because you’re black”???? Da fuq????

Someone should make it such that the demographics of ownership must reflect the demographics of the league [emoji23]

yeah the NFL is kind of shooting themselves in the foot with this one.

all that people are going to focus on is the race angle, while no team is actually going to make use of this just to move up a couple spots in the third round. if a team's ownership was already passing over minority candidates for racial reasons (deliberately or otherwise), this isn't nearly enough to tip the balance.

And then there's things like this:

Under this plan, a team could move up five spots in the fourth round if a minority head coach or general manager successfully entered the third year on the job, according to the report.
Will the Dolphins gain that benefit in 2021? What about the Steelers who have employed Tomlin for over a decade?
And they indirectly punish a team that has a stable coaching situation because they don't hire anyone for a long period of time.

What if a team hires a minority mid draft? Could they leap frog another team? J/K

Belichick sees a guy he likes has fallen and is still unexpectedly available, but he's 10 spots away...he fires himself (as coach, retains GM position) and hires Devin McCourty as player/head coach.

There are better parts of this proposal anyway, namely:

- Extending the Rooney Rule to coordinators
- Requiring multiple interviews
- Removing the ability to block your assistants from interviewing for other teams' coordinator jobs

Malcolm_1.JPG

Yeah, bad look for Brees. And his apology, while sincere, still missed the mark and shows why there's so much work to do for the privileged white community (myself included).

I do think it's important to crucify the message, not the person though. I don't think Brees is a bad guy, he just doesn't get it. In moments like this, we need to educate him, not create resentment by crucifying him.

His apology was not about the content of his message, it was only that he mistimed it. I agree with Malcolm Jenkins: Brees needs to learn to shut the fuck up about shit he doesn't understand. Let's not coddle a white, multi-millionaire athlete here. He can be educated, while also being heavily criticized for being a tone deaf asshole.

These situations don't resolve themselves by trying to be patient with white people in order to avoid "creating resentment." Anything that threatens the social order that places the anxieties of white people at the top will create resentment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom